Best F1 Betting Sites 2020 – Get The Best Offers For Racing
Formula 1 is an astonishingly popular sport across the globe and there are very few nations in the world that do not buy into it. In this article we are going to take a look at a brief history of formula before taking look at the different Grand Prixs, the current drivers and teams, F1 records, the various betting markets available and what we consider to be the greatest betting sites available for punters at the moment.
A Brief History Of Formula One
Formula 1, or F1 as it is often referred, the highest class of single seater auto racing. Formula 1 started off as the European Championship of Grand Prix Racing in the 1920’s and 1930’s. The worlds drivers championship as we now know it was first formalised in 1947 with the first Grand Prix being held at Silverstone in 1950.
Best F1 Betting Sites
If you fancy getting involved in any of the above markets we have listed our Best F1 Betting Sites below.
Current Grand Prixs
There are currently 21 Grand Prixs in the season which runs from March to December. As you can see from the list below it really is scattered across the world:
- Australian Grand Prix – Albert Park Circuit
- Bahrain Grand Prix – Bahrain International Circuit
- Chinese Grand Prix – Shanghai International Circuit
- Azerbaijan Grand Prix – Baku City Circuit
- Spanish Grand Prix – Circuit de Catalunya
- Monaco Grand Prix – Circuit de Monaco
- Canadian Grand Prix – Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
- French Grand Prix – Circuit Paul Ricard
- Austrian Grand Prix – Red Bull Ring
- British Grand Prix – Silverstone Circuit
- German Grand Prix – Hockenheimring
- Hungarian Grand Prix – Hungaroring
- Belgian Grand Prix – Circuit de Spa Francorchamps
- Italian Grand Prix – Autodromo Nazionale di Monza
- Singapore Grand Prix – Marina Bay Street Circuit
- Russian Grand Prix – Sochi Autodrom
- Japanese Grand Prix – Suzuka Circuit
- Mexican Grand Prix – Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez
- United States Grand Prix – Circuit Of The Americas
- Brazilian Grand Prix – Autodromo de Interlagos
- Abu Dhabi Grand Prix – Yas Marina Circuit
Many of these tracks are brand new, one which isn’t is Monaco. This is probably the most iconic Grand Prix and takes place through the streets of Monte Carlo in May.
The Current Drivers & Teams
There are currently 10 racing teams in F1 that have 2 drivers each meaning there are 20 drivers on the starting grid. The teams compete for Contructors Championship and is based on the total amount of points their two drivers accrue. Individual drivers compete for the Drivers Championship.
- Mercedes – Lewis Hamilton & Valteri Bottas
- Ferrari – Sebastien Vettel & Charles Leclerc
- Red Bull Racing – Max Verstappen & Alexander Albon
- Mclaren – Carlos Sainz & Lando Norris
- Toro Rosso – Daniil Kvyat & Pierre Gasly
- Renault – Nico Hulkenberg & Daniel Riccardo
- Racing Point – Sergio Perez & Lance Stroll
- Alfa Romeo Racing – Kimi Raikkonen & Antonio Giovinazzi
- Haas F1 Team – Romain Grosjean & Kevin Magnussen
- Williams – Robert Kubica & George Russell
Formula 1 Records
- Most Grand Prixs – Rubens Barrichello (326)
- Most Wins – Michael Schumacher (91)
- Most Pole Positions – Lewis Hamilton (87)
- Most Championships – Michael Schumacher (7)
- Most Constructors Championships – Ferrari (16)
Popular Bets in Formula 1
The Formula 1 markets are normally found within the Motor Sports tab of a bookmakers website or app alongside Motorbikes, Nascar and Supercars. You can typically bet on the following markets for a Grand Prix:
To Win – This bet doesn’t really need any explanation and is simply predicting who will finish the race first and see the infamous chequered flag.
Podium Finish – A bit like an each way bet, this is predicting that a drive will finish in th Top 3.
Winning Margin – If you think a driver will win easily or that a race will be close, you can bet on how many seconds a driver will win by. These are usually set at Under 4 seconds, Between 4 and 8 seconds and Over 8 seconds. This is one of our formula 1 favorites for betting.
Winning Nationality – Think two drivers have a chance that both hail from the same country? Why not hedge your bets and predict the winning nationality.
First Driver To Retire – If a drivers team is struggling for car reliability you can place a bet on them being the first driver to retire.
Fastest Lap – Opposed to backing the race winner you can take a punt on who will drive the fastest lap.
Fastest Qualifier, Fastest Lap & Race Winner – If you fancy the race winner but the odds are too short you can make them somewhat larger by also betting on them to be the fastest qualifier and drive the fastest lap.
2019 F1 Championship – You can also bet on who is going to be crowned overall champion in December. The 2019 F1 Championship odds have Lewis Hamilton installed as favourite. The F1 Odds Championship 2018 was also the same.