Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: April 29, 2023
Wolfsburg take on Mainz 05 for a match in the Bundesliga on Sunday at Volkswagen Arena.
Although the two sides seem to be evenly matched, Wolfsburg can leapfrog Mainz 05 in the Bundesliga table with a win this coming Sunday. Therefore, they must be very eager to go for all three points in their next game.
How to Live Stream Wolfsburg vs Mainz 05 this coming Sunday
Bet365* provides its account members live streaming access to various Bundesliga matches. Those interested in watching the live stream of Wolfsburg vs Mainz 05 may use this service by following the straightforward instructions below.
Stream the game via Bet365
Click here to sign up and watch the game at Bet365.
‘Join now’ and enter details.Log in and fund your account.Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.* Geo-restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware.
How to Live Stream Wolfsburg vs Mainz 05 on TV
UK: Sky Sports
Wolfsburg vs Mainz 05 Team Stats
- Wolfsburg have not lost 12 of the last 14 home matches
- Wolfsburg have not won 10 of the last 12 matches
- Wolfsburg have drawn the last 4 home matches in a row
- Wolfsburg have not won the last 6 home matches in a row
- Wolfsburg have scored in 11 of the last 13 home matches
- Mainz 05 have scored in 18 of the last 19 matches
- Mainz 05 have scored in 17 of the last 18 away matches
- In 7 of the last 8 away matches Mainz 05 played, both teams scored
- Mainz 05 have not lost the last 9 matches in a row
- Mainz 05 have conceded in 9 of the last 10 away matches
Wolfsburg vs Mainz 05 Squad lists
The 51-year-old Kovac will select the starting eleven against Mainz 05 from these players:
- Casteels (1), Kasten (45), Klinger (30), Pervan (12), Schulze (35), Fischer (2), Lacroix (4), van de Ven (5), Cozza (8), Silva (6), Bornauw (3), Franjic (38), Nmecha (22), Kaminski (16), Guilavogui (29), Paredes (40), Putaro, Ambros (36), Svanberg (32), Arnold (27), Wimmer (39), Baku (20), Gerhardt (31), Pejcinovic (18), Waldschmidt (7), Wind (23), Nmecha (10), Marmoush (33).
Mainz 05 Squad
Listed below is the full squad of Mainz 05 players that the manager Bo Svensson will choose from for the upcoming game:
- Dahmen (1), Riess (32), Zentner (27), Caricol (3), Hack (42), Hanche-Olsen (25), Caci (19), da Costa (21), Leitsch (5), Widmer (30), Bell (16), Stach (6), Barkok (4), Kohr (31), Fernandes (20), Shabani (41), Lee (7), Barreiro (8), Schulz (35), Gruda (43), Burgzorg (37), Burkardt (29), Onisiwo (9), Ajorque (17), Ingvartsen (11), Mustapha (36), Weiper (44).
Wolfsburg vs Mainz 05 Lineups
Wolfsburg vs Mainz 05 Match Preview
Wolfsburg have seen it all in their last three matches, which gave them four points. First, they went down 2-0 against B. M’gladbach, before picking up a 0-0 draw against Bayer Leverkusen. Their latest match brought a 1-5 win in their encounter with Bochum. Wolfsburg did not win any of their last six Bundesliga matches at the Volkswagen Arena. They came through these matches with a record of four draws and two defeats, in which they conceded 12 and scored seven goals. Wolfsburg played seven draws at Volkswagen Arena so far this season in the Bundesliga this season. No team drew as many matches on home soil.
Mainz 05 look solid currently after going three matches unbeaten, which started by drawing 2-2 against Werder Bremen. They followed that up by sharing the spoils with FC Koln in a 1-1 draw, before taking out Bayern Munich in a 3-1 win. In their last six away matches in the Bundesliga, Mainz 05 won twice, while also recording three draws. They endured one defeat in this run, with a scoreline from these matches saying seven goals conceded and ten scored.
Wolfsburg vs Mainz 05 H2H
Wolfsburg got the better of Mainz 05 in 6 of the last 8 meetings. Wolfsburg had a good reading on Mainz 05 in their last two meetings, which they won by 5-0 and 3-0, respectively. Wolfsburg hold a 6-2-2 advantage over Mainz 05 from their latest matches, which is always good to look back on before their next meeting. In the most previous encounter, Wolfsburg outclassed their coming opponent in a 3-0 win. The bookmakers have the hosts to win this match at best price odds of 2.25. The last 4 Bundesliga meetings between Wolfsburg and Mainz 05 had over 2.5 goals. Of the last ten encounters between Wolfsburg Mainz 05 over 2.5 goals came out four times. Odds on over 2.5 goals are at 1.91 with bookies.
Wolfsburg vs Mainz 05 Betting & Odds
The odds for the match between Wolfsburg and Mainz 05 as provided by bet365. For the list of latest odds for the match visit bet365.com.
Match odds: Wolfsburg (2.25) | Draw (3.50) | Mainz 05 (3.00)
Over/Under goals (O/U): Under 2.5 (1.91) | Over 2.5 (1.91)
Both Teams To Score (O/U): BTTS No (2.05) | BTTS Yes (1.70)
Full Time Betting
Wolfsburg claimed all three points three times in their last 10 home matches across all tournaments, while also drawing five along the way. They endured defeat in two of the games in this run. Mainz 05 won three of their last 10 games away, while drawing four and losing three in this series of matches. Mainz 05 have been generous visitors, conceding in nine of their previous 10 games away from home. Wolfsburg pulled off three clean sheets in their previous 10 matches played at Volkswagen Arena.
Both Teams to Score
Wolfsburg had a good reading on Mainz 05 in their last two meetings, which they won by 5-0 and 3-0, respectively. Wolfsburg scored at least once in 7 of their 8 most recent encounters in the Bundesliga against Mainz 05. In two of the previous ten matches between Wolfsburg and Mainz 05 both teams scored.
Both teams scored two times in the last ten encounters between Wolfsburg and Mainz 05, while over 2.5 goals came out six times. Wolfsburg scored 2.1 goals on average, while Mainz 05 pulled 0.7 goals on average. Over 2.5 goals happened in four of Wolfsburg’s last ten matches across all tournaments. They scored an average of 1.3 goals along the way. Over 2.5 goals happened in six of the last ten games for Mainz 05, who scored 2.2 times on average in those matches.