Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: April 1, 2023
Both Wigan and QPR need points to escape their current position at the relegation-end of the Championship table. The match takes place at DW Stadium and could be labelled a serious six-pointer.
Wigan vs QPR Stats
- In the last 13 Wigan matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Wigan have not won 24 of the last 26 matches
- In 10 of the last 12 Wigan home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Wigan have not won 11 of the last 13 home matches
- In 8 of the last 10 Wigan matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- Queens P.R. have not won 14 of the last 15 matches
- Queens P.R. have not won 12 of the last 13 away matches
- Queens P.R. have lost 6 of the last 7 matches while scoring less than 1.5 goals
- Queens P.R. have conceded in 13 of the last 14 matches
- In 6 of the last 7 away matches Queens P.R. played, both teams scored
Wigan vs QPR Squad lists
The 40-year-old coach of the home team, Shaun Maloney, will select the lineup against QPR from this squad:
- Anthony Scully, Ashley Fletcher, Ben Amos, Callum Lang, Charlie Wyke, Christ Tiehi, Curtis Tilt, Danel Sinani, Jack Whatmough, James Carragher, James McClean, Jamie Jones, Jason Kerr, Jordan Cousins, Joseph Bennett, Josh Magennis, Martin Kelly, Matt Wonnacott, Max Power, Miguel Azeez, Omar Rekik, Ryan Nyambe, Sam Tickle, Scott Smith, Steven Caulker, Tendayi Darikwa, Thelo Aasgaard, Tom Naylor, Tom Pearce, Will Keane.
Here is the full squad of the away team. The 49 year-old QPR manager Ainsworth will select his starting XI from these players:
- Jordan Archer, Murphy Mahoney, Seny Dieng, Aaron Drewe, Ethan Laird, Jake Clarke-Salter, Jimmy Dunne, Leon Balogun, Luke Amos, Osman Kakay, Rob Dickie, Tim Iroegbunam, Albert Adomah, Alexander Aoraha, Andre Dozzell, Charlie Owens, Elijah Dixon-Bonner, Ilias Chair, Kenneth Paal, Sam Field, Stefan Johansen, Taylor Richards, Chris Martin, Chris Willock, Jamal Lowe, Lyndon Dykes, Sinclair Armstrong, Tyler Roberts.
Wigan vs QPR Lineups
Wigan vs QPR Preview
Wigan claimed two points in their previous three matches, where they lost 3-0 against Burnley. They took a point in a1-1 draw with Coventry, before also drawing 1-1 with Watford. Wigan only managed one meagre home win from a possible six at DW Stadium in the Championship. They also drew three and lost two of these six encounters, in which they scored four and conceded eight goals. Wigan have been awful in defence at DW Stadium in the Championship this season, conceding 32 goals. No side conceded more at home.
In their last three matches, QPR won 1-0 win against Watford, lost 6-1 against Blackpool and lost 0-1 against Birmingham. In their last six Championship away matches, QPR failed to win even once. In stead, they’ve drawn two and lost four, scoring six while also conceding 18 times.
Wigan vs QPR H2H
Wigan lost to 2-1 QPR in their last encounter. This served as payback for the 1-0 win, which Wigan dished out the match before that. In total, they have played two matches in past seasons with QPR running away with most of the points. They won one encounter, with Wigan stealing all 3 points in one match. Naturally, the last zero games ended all square. The bookies have QPR to win this match at best price odds of 3.00.
Current Championship standings
Full Time Betting
Goals are flowing freely for Wigan on home soil currently, as both teams scored in seven of their last 10 matches here. Both teams were also on target six times in QPR”s last 10 league games away from home.
Both Teams to Score
Wigan were defeated by 2-1 in their last encounter with QPR, but did win the reverse match 1-0, though. In the past ten matches between home side Wigan and QPR both teams found the back of the net five times. Best priced odds on both teams to score with the bookies are at 2.00. Wigan managed to score at least one goal in their last 4 encounters in the Championship against QPR. In the past ten matches between home side Wigan and QPR both teams found the back of the net five times. Best priced odds on both teams to score with the bookies are at 2.00.
Over 2.5 goals was a winning bet five times in the past ten encounters between Wigan and QPR, with the latter scoring 1.3 goals on average in these. Wigan managed an average of 0.7 goals as both teams scored five times in this run. Over 2.5 goals came out two times in the previous ten matches across all tournaments for Wigan, who scored an average of 0.6 goals along the way. Over 2.5 goals happened in seven of the last ten games for QPR, who scored 0.7 times on average in those matches.