Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: April 2, 2023
West Ham and Southampton will be desperate for points this coming Sunday, as both are very eager to escape their current disappointing position. The question is, whether either team has the guts to go all-out pursuing an important win, or a cautious draw is on the cards instead?
West Ham vs Southampton Stats
- West Ham have scored in 14 of the last 16 home matches
- West Ham have not lost the last 5 home matches in a row
- West Ham have scored in 9 of the last 11 matches
- In 5 of the last 7 West Ham home matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- West Ham have not lost the last 3 matches in a row
- In the last 17 Southampton matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 14 of the last 16 Southampton away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In the last 3 Southampton away matches the sum of goals was under 1.5
- In 5 of the last 6 Southampton matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- In the last 3 Southampton away matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
West Ham vs Southampton Squad lists
West Ham Squad
The 59-year-old Moyes will select the starting eleven against Southampton from these players:
- Declan Rice, Jarrod Bowen, Lukasz Fabianski, Tomas Soucek, Thilo Kehrer, Aaron Cresswell, Lucas Paqueta, Kurt Zouma, Vladimir Coufal, Said Benrahma, Michail Antonio, Pablo Fornals, Gianluca Scamacca, Emerson, Naif Aguerd, Angelo Ogbonna, Ben Johnson, Flynn Downes, Danny Ings, Alphonse Areola, Manuel Lanzini, Maxwel Cornet.
Below is the full team squad of Southampton. The manager Selles will pick his starting XI against West Ham from these players:
- McCarthy, Bazunu, Caballero, Bella-Kotchap, Caleta-Car, Bednarek, Larios, Walker-Peters, Lyanco, Salisu, Perraud, Livramento, Maitland-Niles, Alcaraz, Diallo, Bree, Ward-Prowse, Aribo, Chauke, Elyounoussi, Djenepo, Lavia, Armstrong, Armstrong, Adams, Sulemana, Orsic, Onuachu, Edozie, Mara, Walcott.
West Ham vs Southampton Lineups
West Ham vs Southampton Preview
In their last three matches, West Ham won 0-2 against AEK Larnaca, before settling for a point in a 1-1 draw against Aston Villa. They were back on top last time out, defeating AEK Larnaca 4-0. West Ham managed to win two of their past six home matches in the Premier League. In the remaining four, they drew two and lost two, as they scored eight and conceded six goals.
Southampton have been a tad mediocre in their last three matches where a win has failed to come their way. Against Manchester United, they gained a point in a 0-0 draw, before coming up short against Brentford, who ran out 0-2 winners. Lately, they managed to steal a point in a 3-3 with Tottenham. Southampton won twice, while also recording one draw, and three defeats in their last six away matches in the Premier League. The scoreline from these matches says seven goals conceded and four scored. Southampton proved themselves generous visitors in the Premier League this season, as they conceded an astonishing 22 goals so far. This leaves them with the worst defensive record of all teams from their away matches.
West Ham vs Southampton H2H
West Ham lost only once in 10 recent games against Southampton. The most recent outing between West Ham and Southampton ended up a 1-1 draw. The best betting odds on a draw at full-time with the bookies are at 3.50. West Ham love playing Southampton, whom they beat five times in the last ten meetings. Their latest meeting saw West Ham destroying their next opponent by 1-1. The bookies best betting odds on a home win are at 1.73.
Current Premier League standings
Full Time Betting
London Stadium witnessed West Ham winning four of their 10 latest matches across all tournaments here. They drew two and lost four in this run. Southampton won three of their previous 10 games away, drew one and lost six. In the last 10 games played away, Southampton opened to scoring only once, while West Ham scored the opener five times in their last 10 games on home soil.
Both Teams to Score
Neither West Ham nor Southampton managed a breakthrough, when they last faced each other. They ended up settling for a point in a 1-1 draw, and the best betting odds on a draw at full-time with the bookies are at 3.50. Both teams scored four times in the previous ten matches between home side West Ham and Southampton. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.91. In the last ten matches between West Ham and Southampton over 2.5 goals came out four times. Odds on at least three goals are at 2.00 with bookies.
The last ten encounters between West Ham and Southampton saw over 2.5 goals scored six times, with West Ham averaging 1.8 goals a game. Southampton scored 0.6 goals on average in these, as both teams scored four times in this run. West Ham saw over 2.5 goals in four of their last ten matches across all tournaments, as they scored an average of 1.6 goals during this run. Over 2.5 goals came up in five of Southampton’s previous ten matches across all tournaments. They managed to score an average of 0.8 goals in these matches.