West Ham vs Aston Villa – Prediction
Last Updated: March 10, 2023
West Ham take on visitors Aston Villa at London Stadium in a Premier League tie on Sunday.
West Ham vs Aston Villa Stats
- West Ham have scored in 12 of the last 14 home matches
- In 8 of the last 10 West Ham home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In the last 3 West Ham matches the sum of goals was over 3.5
- In the last 3 West Ham matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In 4 of the last 5 West Ham home matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- Aston Villa have scored in the last 11 matches in a row
- Aston Villa have won 4 of the last 5 away matches without conceding a goal
- Aston Villa have scored in the last 8 away matches in a row
- Aston Villa have won 4 of the last 5 away matches and the sum of goals was under 2.5
- Aston Villa have won 4 of the last 5 away matches while scoring less than 2.5 goals
West Ham vs Aston Villa Squad lists
West Ham Squad
Moyes will select the starting XI for the upcoming match against Aston Villa from the players listed below:
- Alphonse Areola, Lukasz Fabianski, Aaron Cresswell, Angelo Ogbonna, Ben Johnson, Emerson, Kurt Zouma, Naif Aguerd, Thilo Kehrer, Vladimir Coufal, Declan Rice, Flynn Downes, Lucas Paqueta, Manuel Lanzini, Pablo Fornals, Tomas Soucek, Danny Ings, Gianluca Scamacca, Jarrod Bowen, Maxwel Cornet, Michail Antonio, Said Benrahma.
Aston Villa Squad
Listed below is the full squad of Aston Villa players that the manager Unai Emery will choose from for the upcoming game:
- Ezri Konsa, Emiliano Martinez, Ollie Watkins, Tyrone Mings, Douglas Luiz, Leon Bailey, Boubacar Kamara, Jacob Ramsey, John McGinn, Lucas Digne, Matty Cash, Emiliano Buendia, Ashley Young, Philippe Coutinho, Leander Dendoncker, Alex Moreno, Robin Olsen, Calum Chambers, Diego Carlos, Jed Steer, Oliwier Zych, Viljami Sinisalo, Bertrand Traore, Jhon Duran.
West Ham vs Aston Villa Lineups
West Ham vs Aston Villa Preview
In their last three games, West Ham lost 3-1 against Manchester United, got defeated 4-0 by Brighton before winning 0-2 against AEK Larnaca. West Ham managed to win two of their past six home matches in the Premier League. In the remaining four, they drew one and lost three, as they scored eight and conceded seven goals.
Aston Villa look back on their last three matches with six points to show for their efforts. Against Arsenal, they were left empty-handed in a 2-4 defeat, but they bounced back by beating Everton in a 0-2 win. They followed that up with a 1-0 win against Crystal Palace in their most recent outing. Aston Villa recorded a very decent outcome of four wins from six away matches in the Premier League, in which they banged in eight goals, whilst conceding eight. They recorded no draws but in stead suffered defeat twice.
West Ham vs Aston Villa H2H
West Ham lost only once in 13 recent games against Aston Villa. The last time these two teams squared up, West Ham ran out 0-1 winners which they surely won’t mind doing again at London Stadium. West Ham have their eyes fixed on a win this coming Sunday, as they boast a 6-3-1 history against Aston Villa in recent meetings. The bookies best betting odds on a home win at full-time are at 2.20.
Current Premier League standings
A look at the Premier League standings shows that 11 points and five places currently separate the two teams.
Full Time Betting
West Ham claimed a modest five wins from their previous 10 home matches across all tournaments. They split the points with the visiting team in one of the games, whilst losing four. Aston Villa won five of their last 10 games away, drew zero and lost five of the games in this run. Goals could at a premium at London Stadium, as only three of the 10 most recent Premier League matches here for West Ham saw over 2.5 goals. In five of the previous 10 league games away for Aston Villa the match had over 2.5 goals.
Both Teams to Score
West Ham had a good reading on Aston Villa in their last two meetings, which they won by 2-1 and 1-0, respectively. Both teams found the back of the net six times in the past ten matches between home side West Ham and Aston Villa. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.80. West Ham scored at least once in 8 of their 9 most recent encounters in the Premier League against Aston Villa. In the past ten matches between home side West Ham and Aston Villa both teams found the back of the net six times. Best priced odds on both teams to score with the bookies are at 1.80.
In the last ten encounters between West Ham and Aston Villa over 2.5 goals came out four times, as West Ham averaged 1.6 goals a game. Aston Villa scored an average of 0.7 goals in these, while both teams scored six times. West Ham saw over 2.5 goals in three of their last ten matches across all tournaments, as they scored an average of 1.3 goals during this run. Over 2.5 goals came up in five of Aston Villa’s previous ten matches across all tournaments. They managed to score an average of 1.5 goals in these matches.