Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: April 18, 2023
Watford vs Cardiff Stats
- In 11 of the last 13 Watford home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Watford have not lost 10 of the last 12 home matches
- In 7 of the last 9 Watford matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Watford have scored in 8 of the last 9 home matches
- Watford have not won 7 of the last 9 matches
- Cardiff have lost 7 of the last 9 away matches
- Cardiff have not won 9 of the last 11 away matches
- Cardiff have lost 5 of the last 7 away matches while scoring less than 1.5 goals
- In 4 of the last 5 matches Cardiff played, both teams scored
- Cardiff have conceded in 8 of the last 9 away matches
Watford vs Cardiff Squad lists
The 55-year-old coach of the home team, Chris Wilder, will select the lineup against Cardiff from this squad:
- Hamer, Bachmann, Okoye, Kabasele, Cathcart, Sierralta, Louza, Morris, Ngakia, Ferreira, Hause, Gaspar, Porteous, Hoedt, Gosling, Kayembe, Choudhury, Kamara, Kone, Davis, Sema, Bacuna, Cleverley, Dele-Bashiru, Asprilla, Assombalonga, Araujo, Sarr, Pedro, Martins, Kalu.
Below is the full team squad of Cardiff. The manager Lamouchi will pick his starting XI against Watford from these players:
- Jak Alnwick, Lewys Benjamin, Rohan Luthra, Ryan Allsopp, Cedric Kipre, Gavin Whyte, Jack Simpson, Jamilu Collins, Joel Bagan, Mahlon Romeo, Mark McGuinness, Oliver Denham, Perry Ng, Vontae Daley-Campbell, Andy Rinomhota, Callum O’Dowda, Ebou Adams, Jaden Philogene-Bidace, Joe Ralls, Joel Colwill, Romaine Sawyers, Rubin Colwill, Sheyi Ojo, Tom Sang, Callum Robinson, Connor Wickham, Isaak Davies, Kion Etete, Mark Harris, Morgan Wigley, Ryan Wintle, Sory Kaba.
Watford vs Cardiff Lineups
Watford vs Cardiff Preview
Watford have four points to show from their last three matches, as they lost 2-3 against Huddersfield, before drawing 2-2 with Coventry. They won their most recent game 2-0 against Bristol City. Watford won three of their previous six matches at Vicarage Road Stadium in the Championship. They drew two and suffered one defeats, scoring 11 goals to six against.
In their last three matches, Cardiff won 1-3 win against Blackpool, lost 0-1 against Sunderland and lost 4-1 against Sheffield United. They went into the season as candidates for the drop, and unfortunately for Cardiff, they have lived up to expectations. As the season draws to a close, they are still in with a chance of escaping relegation, though. Cardiff, meanwhile, won twice, while they’ve drawn zero and lost four in their last six away in the Championship. Cardiff proved themselves generous visitors in the Championship this season, as they conceded an astonishing 29 goals so far. This leaves them with the worst defensive record of all teams from their away matches.
Watford vs Cardiff H2H
The last time these two sides facing off here came up against each other, Watford came away with a 1-2 win. Rest assured they have a similar outcome in mind at Vicarage Road Stadium. Watford have a 30% win rate in the against Cardiff, who won four of these matches. The total record reads 3-3-4, which is worth keeping in mind before you make a choice for your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
Current Championship standings
Ranked as number 12 in the Championship standings, Watford, have so far collected 59 points this season, while Cardiff collected 42 points. This puts them up as number 21 after 41 rounds.
Full Time Betting
Vicarage Road Stadium witnessed Watford winning four of their 10 latest matches across all tournaments here. They drew four and lost two in this run. Cardiff won two of their previous 10 games away, drew one and lost seven. Cardiff managed the first goal of the game in only four of those 10 previous games played away from home. Meanwhile, Watford were first on target in six of their last 10 outings on home soil.
Both Teams to Score
The last time these two teams faced off against each other, Watford came away as 1-2 winners. No doubt they are planning a similar outcome on Wednesday. Betting on both teams to score in recent matches between Watford and Cardiff would have made you a decent profit. Both teams found their way to the goal seven times in their previous ten matches. Odds on both teams finding the back of the net are best priced at 2.00 with the bookies. Cardiff managed at least one goal in 18 of their previous 19 Championship matches against Watford. In the last ten matches between Watford and Cardiff over 2.5 goals came out five times. Odds on at least three goals are at 2.20 with bookies.
Over 2.5 goals came out five times in the last ten encounters between these two teams. Watford managed an average of 1.3 goals, with Cardiff averaging 1.4 goals in these games. Both teams to score was a winning bet seven times in this run of matches. Over 2.5 goals happened in four of Watford’s last ten matches across all tournaments. They pulled off an average of 1.3 goals during this run. Over 2.5 goals came up in three of Cardiff’s previous ten matches across all tournaments. They managed to score an average of 1.2 goals in these matches.