Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: June 3, 2023
The spotlight is on both Villarreal and Atletico Madrid, as the La Liga rivals go looking to boost their points tally. They face each other on Sunday in the at Estadio de la Ceramica.
Villarreal are massive favourites with the bookmakers to knock out Atletico Madrid of the cup. It will be a big surprise to see the latter advance from this stage this coming Sunday.
How to Live Stream Villarreal vs Atletico Madrid this coming Sunday
Bet365* provides its account members live streaming access to various La Liga matches. Those interested in watching the live stream of Villarreal vs Atletico Madrid may use this service by following the straightforward instructions below.
Bet365 offers live match coverage
Click on this link to watch the game live.
‘Join now’ and enter details.Log in and fund your account.Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.* Geo-restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware.
How to Live Stream Villarreal vs Atletico Madrid on TV
UK: Premier Sports, ITV
Villarreal vs Atletico Madrid Team Stats
- Villarreal have scored in the last 11 matches in a row
- In 8 of the last 9 matches Villarreal played, both teams scored
- Villarreal have won the last 4 home matches in a row while scoring more than 1.5 goals
- Villarreal have won 5 of the last 6 matches while scoring more than 1.5 goals
- In 7 of the last 9 Villarreal matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In 8 of the last 10 Atletico Madrid away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Atletico Madrid have conceded in 9 of the last 10 matches
- In 5 of the last 6 Atletico Madrid matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Atletico Madrid have conceded in the last 6 away matches in a row
- Atletico Madrid have not lost 5 of the last 6 matches
Villarreal vs Atletico Madrid Squad lists
Quique Setien will choose the starting lineup for the upcoming game against Atletico Madrid from the following players:
- Joergensen (35), Alvarez (31), Reina (1), Mandi (23), Moreno (18), Cuenca (5), Foyth (8), Kiko (2), Torres (4), Albiol (3), Baena (16), Parejo (10), Capoue (6), Coquelin (19), Lo Celso (17), Mojica (12), Trigueros (14), Terrats (39), Chukwueze (11), Pedraza (24), Collado (27), Nino (34), Moreno (7), Ontiveros, Morales (22), Jackson (15), Pino (21).
Atletico Madrid Squad
Below is the full team squad of Atletico Madrid. The manager Simeone will pick his starting XI against Villarreal from these players:
- Gomis (31), Barragan (26), Grbic (1), Oblak (13), Gimenez (2), Moreno (36), Hermoso (22), Doherty (12), Molina (16), Reinildo (23), Reguilon (3), Savic (15), Witsel (20), Kondogbia (4), Koke (6), Llorente (14), Barrios (24), De Paul (5), Niguez (17), Lemar (11), Carrasco (21), Morata (19), Correa (10), Griezmann (8), Bri (26), Simeone, Depay (9).
Villarreal vs Atletico Madrid Lineups
Villarreal vs Atletico Madrid Match Preview
Villarreal are looking to bounce back from a recent setback and get back to winning ways. In their last three matches, they first took out Girona by 1-2, before beating Cadiz by 2-0. The winning streak came to an end against Rayo Vallecano, who ran out 2-1 winners. Villarreal went into the season with the ambition of qualifying for a European competition. They still have all to play for here at the business end of the season. Villarreal won five of their last six La Liga matches at Estadio de la Ceramica, scoring 17 and conceding six along the way. They lost once but didn’t draw a single match.
Atletico Madrid look in good shape before their upcoming match as they seek to remain unbeaten. In their last three matches, they first beat Osasuna by 3-0, before drawing 3-3 with Espanyol. They were back as winners last time out, when they took out Real Sociedad by a 2-1 scoreline. Villarreal went into the season with the ambition of qualifying for a European competition. They still have all to play for here at the business end of the season. In their last six La Liga away matches, Atletico Madrid have three wins, they’ve drawn one and lost one two. They scored 11 while also conceding eight times. They also experienced one draw and two defeats. Atletico Madrid are in the top three when it comes to scoring goals on their travels in the La Liga this season. They claimed 27 goals so far, whilst allowing 16 goals against.
Villarreal vs Atletico Madrid H2H
Villarreal won just one of their 9 most recent encounters against Atletico Madrid. The last time these two sides facing off here came up against each other, Villarreal came away with a 0-2 win. Rest assured they have a similar outcome in mind at Estadio de la Ceramica. Villarreal go into their upcoming match against Atletico Madrid with a 20% winning record in recent meetings. This gives them a 2-5-3 record in the latest encounters with their next opponent. A record worth keeping in mind before you make a choice for your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy. Both teams found the back of the net five times in the last ten matches between Villarreal and Atletico Madrid.
Villarreal vs Atletico Madrid Betting & Odds
Here are the odds for Villarreal vs Atletico Madrid as provided by bet365 at the time of publishing the article. For the list of latest odds for the match visit bet365.com.
Full Time Betting
Villarreal claimed six wins in the previous 10 matches at home across all tournaments, as well as drawing one and losing three. Atletico Madrid won five of their last 10 away games, as they also drew two and lost three of these matches. Over 2.5 goals paid out with the bookmakers five times in the previous 10 Villarreal matches at Estadio de la Ceramica. It paid out in three of the previous 10 league matches away for Atletico Madrid.
Both Teams to Score
Villarreal ended up winning 0-2 in the most recent meeting between these two rivals. Rest assured they have a similar outcome in mind at Estadio de la Ceramica. In five of the previous ten matches between Villarreal and Atletico Madrid both teams scored.
Less than three came out four times in the past ten encounters between Atletico Madrid and Villarreal, as both teams not to score was a winning bet five times. Villarreal performed one goal on average, whereas Atletico Madrid averaged 1.3 goals. Villarreal scored an average of 2.3 goals in the past ten matches at Estadio de la Ceramica across the tournaments and over 2.5 goals came out eight times. Over 2.5 goals happened in seven of the last ten outings for Atletico Madrid, who managed to score 2.3 times in those matches.