Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: April 15, 2023
The Championship tie at Swansea.com Stadium on this coming Saturday sees home team Swansea up against Huddersfield.
Swansea vs Huddersfield Stats
- Swansea have scored in 14 of the last 16 home matches
- In 7 of the last 9 home matches Swansea played, both teams scored
- Swansea have not won 7 of the last 9 home matches
- Swansea have not lost the last 4 matches in a row
- In 6 of the last 8 Swansea matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Huddersfield have conceded in 25 of the last 27 away matches
- Huddersfield have conceded in 16 of the last 18 matches
- In the last 3 matches in a row Huddersfield played, both teams scored
- In the last 3 Huddersfield matches the sum of goals was over 3.5
- Huddersfield have not won 8 of the last 10 away matches
Swansea vs Huddersfield Squad lists
The 37-year-old Martin will select the starting eleven against Huddersfield from these players:
- Andreas Soendergaard, Andrew Fisher, Lewis Webb, Steven-Andreas Benda, Ben Cabango, Harry Darling, Joel Latibeaudiere, Kyle Naughton, Matthew Sorinola, Nathan Wood, Cameron Congreve, Jay Fulton, Joe Allen, Liam Walsh, Luke Cundle, Matt Grimes, Oliver Cooper, Olivier Ntcham, Ryan Manning, Armstrong Oko-Flex, Jamie Paterson, Joel Piroe, Liam Cullen, Morgan Whittaker.
Below is the full team squad of Huddersfield. The manager Warnock will pick his starting XI against Swansea from these players:
- Chapman, Smith, Nicholls, Bilokapic, Vaclik, Jackson, Ondo, Lowton, Pearson, Helik, Turton, Edmonds-Green, Lees, Boyle, Nakayama, Knockaert, Diarra, Spencer, Mahoney, Kasumu, Holmes, Camara, Anjorin, Headley, Hogg, Hungbo, Kesler, Hudlin, Waghorn, High, Ward, Kamberi, Rudoni, Rhodes, Koroma, Ruffels, Harratt, Jones, Simpson.
Swansea vs Huddersfield Lineups
Swansea vs Huddersfield Preview
Swansea are unbeaten in their last three matches, first beating Cardiff 2-3, and then drawing 0-0 with Coventry. They were back as winners when they defeated Wigan 0-2. Swansea claimed a modest two wins in their past six home matches in the Championship. They also drew two and lost two, scored seven goals and conceded eight.
Huddersfield look well suited to take on any opponent presently, as their last three matches saw them gaining seven points. They ran out 4-2 and 2-3 winners against Middlesbrough and Watford, respectively. Their winning streak came to an end against Blackburn, who claimed a point in a 2-2 draw. Huddersfield won twice, while also recording zero draws, and four defeats in their last six away matches in the Championship. The scoreline from these matches says 11 goals conceded and four scored. Huddersfield are among the 4 worst away teams in the Championship, with a gloomy 16 points collected on their travels. They managed to score 18 times, while also conceding 34.
Swansea vs Huddersfield H2H
Swansea and Huddersfield had to settle for a point each in their most recent match, which finished with a 0-0 scoreline. The best betting odds on a draw at full-time with the bookies are at 3.75. Swansea enter the match against Huddersfield with a 2-3-2 record in their previous seven encounters. A win rate of 29%, which is perhaps worth keeping in mind before you make a choice for your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
Current Championship standings
Sitting bottom of the table, Huddersfield have claimed 43 points after 41 rounds, while Swansea have amassed 53 points. This places the latter as number 14 in the Championship at the moment.
Full Time Betting
Swansea claimed a modest three wins from their previous 10 home matches across all tournaments. They split the points with the visiting team in two of the games, whilst losing five. Huddersfield won two of their last 10 games away, drew two and lost six of the games in this run. Of the last 10 times Swansea stepped out in front of their home crowd, “both teams to score” happened seven times. Both teams also scored in four of the last 10 away games for Huddersfield.
Both Teams to Score
The match ended in a 0-0 draw in the previous outing between Swansea and Huddersfield and should we get another draw, the bookies best price are at 3.75. In the past seven matches between home side Swansea and Huddersfield both teams found the back of the net five times. Best priced odds on both teams to score with the bookies are at 1.83. In the 3 most recent Championship encounters between Swansea and Huddersfield there were under 2.5 goals. Both teams found the back of the net five times in the past seven matches between home side Swansea and Huddersfield. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.83.
Over 2.5 goals happened three times in the past seven encounters between Swansea and Huddersfield, with Swansea scoring 1.13 goals on average per game. Huddersfield averaged 1.28 goals, while both teams scored five times. Over 2.5 goals happened in four of Swansea’s last ten matches across all tournaments. They scored an average of 1.1 goals along the way. Over 2.5 goals happened in six of the last ten outings for Huddersfield, who managed to score 1.3 times in those matches.