Last Updated: March 16, 2023
After surviving a gruelling battle for survival last season, Bristol City continue their latest Championship campaign on Sunday. The away side play Swansea at Swansea.com Stadium in a round 38 fixture.
Swansea vs Bristol City Stats
- Swansea have conceded in the last 14 matches in a row
- In the last 7 home matches in a row Swansea played, both teams scored
- Swansea have not won 12 of the last 14 matches
- Swansea have scored in 13 of the last 14 home matches
- In 7 of the last 8 Swansea home matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In the last 12 Bristol City matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 12 of the last 13 Bristol City away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Bristol City have not lost 14 of the last 16 matches
- In 7 of the last 8 Bristol City matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- Bristol City have not lost 8 of the last 9 away matches
Swansea vs Bristol City Squad lists
The 37-year-old Martin will select the starting eleven against Bristol City from these players:
- Soendergaard, Fisher, Webb, Benda, Cabango, Darling, Latibeaudiere, Naughton, Sorinola, Wood, Congreve, Fulton, Allen, Walsh, Cundle, Grimes, Cooper, Ntcham, Manning, Oko-Flex, Paterson, Piroe, Cullen, Whittaker.
Bristol City Squad
Here is the full team squad of Bristol City. The 59 year-old Nigel Pearson will select his starting lineup from the following players:
- Harvey Wiles-Richards, Max O’Leary, Nikita Haikin, Cameron Pring, Jay Dasilva, Kane Wilson, Nathan Baker, Robert Atkinson, Tomas Kalas, Zak Vyner, Alex Scott, Andy King, Anis Mehmeti, Ayman Benarous, Duncan Idehen, Joe Williams, Mark Sykes, Matthew James, Andreas Weimann, George Tanner, Harry Cornick, Kal Naismith, Nahki Wells, Samuel Bell, Tommy Conway.
Swansea vs Bristol City Lineups
Swansea vs Bristol City Preview
Swansea have had to endure a tough spell in their last three matches, from which they have nothing to show. They were beaten 1-0 by Luton, before Middlesbrough ran out 1-3 winners. A third defeat on the trot followed against Millwall, who came out 2-1 winners. Swansea just have a single home win to show from their efforts in the past six Championship matches at the Swansea.com Stadium. They also drew one and lost four of these six encounters, in which they scored nine and conceded 14 goals.
Bristol City added four points to their collection in their last three matches, which began with a 0-0 draw with Huddersfield. A 2-0 win against Blackpool followed, before a 1-0 defeat against Luton in their most recent match. In their last six Championship away matches, Bristol City failed to win more than once. In stead, they’ve drawn three and lost two, scoring four while also conceding six times.
Swansea vs Bristol City H2H
Only once in their 7 most recent meetings did Swansea loose against Bristol City. Neither Swansea nor Bristol City managed a breakthrough, when they last faced each other. They ended up settling for a point in a 1-1 draw, and the best betting odds on a draw at full-time with the bookies are at 3.20. Bristol City look back on three wins in their previous matches against their next opponent in the shape of Swansea. The home side has a 40% win rate in these encounter for a total record of 4-3-3. No doubt worth keeping in mind before you make a choice for your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
Current Championship standings
Full Time Betting
Both teams have been poor at keeping their opponents from scoring in recent matches. While Swansea managed to keep a clean sheet in one of the games at Swansea.com Stadium, Bristol City kept their hosts from scoring in two of their last 10 away games.
Both Teams to Score
Swansea and Bristol City had to make do with a point each in their latest encounter, which finished with a 1-1 scoreline. The best betting odds on a draw at full-time with the bookies are at 3.20. Both teams to score only came out four times in the previous ten games between Bristol City and Swansea. Odds on both teams not to score are best priced at 1.91 with the bookies. Swansea managed to score at least one goal in their last 6 encounters in the Championship against Bristol City. Punters probably shouldn’t go looking for both teams to score, when Bristol City come visiting Swansea. At least one team managed to keep a clean sheet six times in their last ten matches. Odds on both teams not to score are best priced at 1.91 with the bookies.
There were less than three goals scored eight times in the previous ten encounters between Bristol City and Swansea, while both teams not to score was a winning bet six times. Swansea performed an average of one goal, while Bristol City pulled off 0.9 goals per game. Swansea saw over 2.5 goals in six of their last ten matches across all tournaments, as they scored an average of one goal during this run. Over 2.5 goals happened in two of the last ten outings for Bristol City, who managed to score 0.8 times in those matches.