Last Updated: September 1, 2023
When Preston come to Bet365 Stadium for the Championship match this coming Saturday, Stoke will be hoping to use their home advantage to their advantage.
Stoke vs Preston Stats
- In 15 of the last 17 Stoke matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 12 of the last 14 Stoke home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Stoke have conceded in 13 of the last 15 matches
- Stoke have conceded in 10 of the last 12 home matches
- Stoke have won the last 3 home matches in a row
- In 11 of the last 12 Preston matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In the last 5 Preston away matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- In the last 6 Preston away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Preston have won the last 3 matches in a row while scoring less than 2.5 goals
- In 4 of the last 5 matches Preston played, both teams scored
Stoke vs Preston Squad lists
The 42-year-old Neil will select the starting eleven against Preston from these players:
- Blondy Nna Noukeu (40), Frank Fielding (34), Jack Bonham (13), Mark Travers (1), Ben Wilmot (16), Enda Stevens (3), Josh Tymon (14), Ki-Jana Hoever (17), Luke McNally (23), Michael Rose (5), Andre Vidigal (7), Ben Pearson (4), Daniel Johnson (12), Jordan Thompson (15), Josh Laurent (28), Lewis Baker (8), Liam McCarron, Mehdi Leris (27), Nikola Jojic, Souleymane Sidibe, Wouter Burger, Chiquinho (20), D’Margio Wright-Phillips (29), Dwight Gayle (11), Peter Etebo, Ryan Mmaee (19), Thibaud Verlinden (23), Tyrese Campbell (10), Wesley (18).
Here is the full squad of the away team. The 44 year-old Preston manager Lowe will select his starting XI from these players:
- David Cornell (21), Freddie Woodman (1), Andrew Hughes (16), Brad Potts (44), Calvin Ramsay (22), Gregory Cunningham (3), Jack Whatmough (26), Jordan Storey (14), Joshua Seary (36), Kian Best (33), Patrick Bauer (5), Alan Browne (8), Alistair McCann (13), Ben Whiteman (4), Duane Holmes (25), Kian Taylor (30), Kitt Nelson (34), Lewis Leigh (32), Liam Lindsay (6), Mads Froekjaer-Jensen (10), Mikey O’Neill (39), Noah Mawene (35), Robert Brady (11), Ryan Ledson (18), Benjamin Woodburn (20), Ched Evans (9), Emil Riis Jakobsen (19), Felipe (24), Layton Stewart (17), Will Keane (7).
Stoke vs Preston Lineups
Stoke vs Preston Preview
Stoke have been a little inconsistent recently, as they beat Watford by 1-0. Following that up proved too difficult, as they lost 1-0 against Millwall, before claiming three points in a 6-1 win against Rotherham. Qualification for an international tournament is the ideal scenario Stoke hope to accomplish by the end of the season, but everything needs to click for this to happen. In their last six Championship home matches, Stoke have two wins, while they’ve drawn zero and lost four. They scored seven and conceded seven goals.
Preston look fabulous with three wins on the trot, starting off against Sunderland, who were defeated by 2-1. Then, Sheffield Wednesday got outclassed in a 0-1 win, before beating Swansea by 2-1. Qualification for an international tournament is the ideal scenario Stoke hope to accomplish by the end of the season, but everything needs to click for this to happen. In their last six away matches in the Championship, Preston won twice, while also recording one draw. They endured three defeats in this run, with a scoreline from these matches saying 11 goals conceded and seven scored.
Stoke vs Preston H2H
Stoke claimed a 2-0 win, while Preston answered back with a 0-1 win in their two most recent meetings. Stoke go into their upcoming match against Preston with a 20% winning record in recent meetings. This gives them a 2-3-5 record in the latest encounters with their next opponent. A record worth keeping in mind before you make a choice for your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
Current Championship standings
Placed ten in the table Stoke have amassed six points after four matches. On ten points, Preston rank five with four matches played this season. With ten points after four games, Preston currently rank 5th in the Championship standings. Stoke play catch-up as they recorded six points in four matches, putting them up as 10th before their upcoming clash.
Full Time Betting
In their last 10 matches at Bet365 Stadium across all tournaments Stoke won four times, drew one and lost five times. Preston claimed three wins, two draw and five defeats in their last 10 games away. Stoke won two times in their 10 most recent league games, with Preston claiming four wins from a possible 10.
Both Teams to Score
Preston ended up winning 0-1 in the most recent meeting between these two rivals. Rest assured they have a similar outcome in mind at Bet365 Stadium., when they once again face Stoke. In the past ten matches between home side Stoke and Preston both teams found the back of the net four times. Best priced odds on both teams to score with the bookies are at 1.83. Punters probably shouldn’t go looking for both teams to score, when Preston come visiting Stoke. At least one team managed to keep a clean sheet six times in their last ten matches. Odds on both teams not to score are best priced at 1.83 with the bookies.
Under 2.5 goals happened three times in the last ten encounters between these two rivals. Stoke managed an average of 0.8 goals, with Preston averaging 1.3 goals in these. Both teams not to score was a winning bet six times in this run of matches. Over 2.5 goals came out four times in the previous ten matches across all tournaments for Stoke, who scored an average of 1.5 goals along the way. Over 2.5 goals appeared in four of the last ten matches that Preston played across all tournaments. They scored 1.1 times on average in the process.