Last Updated: September 22, 2023
The Premiership clash at The SMISA Stadium this coming Saturday sees home team St. Mirren battling it out for the win against Hearts.
St. Mirren vs Hearts Stats
- St. Mirren have not lost the last 9 matches in a row
- In 8 of the last 10 St. Mirren home matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- St. Mirren have scored in the last 9 matches in a row
- St. Mirren have won 7 of the last 9 matches
- St. Mirren have not lost the last 5 home matches in a row
- Hearts have not won 10 of the last 11 away matches
- Hearts have lost 3 of the last 4 matches without scoring a goal
- Hearts have lost the last 3 away matches in a row while scoring less than 1.5 goals
- Hearts have conceded in 10 of the last 11 away matches
- Hearts have lost 4 of the last 5 matches while scoring less than 1.5 goals
St. Mirren vs Hearts Squad lists
St. Mirren Squad
Steve Robinson will choose the starting lineup for the upcoming game against Hearts from the following players:
- Peter Urminsky (27), Zachary Hemming (1), Alexandros Gogic (13), Charles Dunne (18), James Bolton (2), Marcus Fraser (22), Mark O’Hara (6), Richard Taylor (5), Ryan Strain (23), Scott Tanser (3), Thierry Small, Conor McMenamin (10), Greg Kiltie (11), Keanu Baccus (17), Ryan Flynn (8), Alex Greive (21), Caolan Boyd-Munce (15), Jonah Ayunga (7), Lewis Jamieson (24), Mikael Mandron (9), Stav Nachmani (19), Toyosi Olusanya (20).
Below is the full team squad of Hearts. The manager Naismith will pick his starting XI against St. Mirren from these players:
- Craig Gordon (1), Michael McGovern (12), Zander Clark (28), Craig Halkett (4), Frankie Kent (2), Jorge Grant (7), Kye Rowles (15), Odel Offiah (29), Stephen Kingsley (3), Toby Sibbick (21), Aidan Denholm (22), Alan Forrest (17), Alex Lowry (51), Alexander Cochrane (19), Andrew Halliday (16), Beni Baningime (6), Calem Nieuwenhof (8), Callum Sandilands, Cameron Devlin (14), Finlay Pollock (24), Lawrence Shankland (9), Macaulay Tait (25), Nathaniel Atkinson (13), Peter Haring (5), Yutaro Oda (11), Barrie McKay (18), Kenneth Vargas (77), Kyosuke Tagawa (30), Liam Boyce (10).
St. Mirren vs Hearts Lineups
St. Mirren vs Hearts Preview
St. Mirren look in good shape before their upcoming match, as they seek to remain unbeaten. In their last three matches, they first split the points with Aberdeen in a 2-2, before also drawing 1-1 with Livingston. A win finally came their way as they threw Motherwell under the bus in a 0-1 victory. Hearts go into a new season as candidates for the podium, but will count themselves lucky to achieve more than a third place. St. Mirren claimed a modest two wins in their past six home matches in the Premiership. They also drew two and lost two, scored nine goals and conceded ten.
Hearts suffered a couple of disappointments in their last three matches as they were run over by PAOK in a 4-0 defeat. Motherwell also proved too hard to handle as they won 0-1, before Hearts were able to strike back in a 2-0 win against Aberdeen. A title race would require all stars to align, but sneaking inside the top four and hopefully also collect a medal certainly isn’t beyond Hearts, should they manage to catch a strong momentum. In their last six Premiership away matches, Hearts failed to win more than once. In stead, they’ve drawn two and lost three, scoring seven while also conceding eight times. Hearts proved themselves generous visitors in the Premiership this season, as they conceded an astonishing one goals so far. This leaves them with the worst defensive record of all teams from their away matches.
St. Mirren vs Hearts H2H
St. Mirren won just one of their 7 most recent encounters against Hearts. St. Mirren and Hearts had to settle for a point each in their most recent match, which finished with a 2-2 scoreline. The best betting odds on a draw at full-time with the bookies are at 3.30. Hearts seem to have a bit of a love affair with St. Mirren, as they have beaten them five times in last ten encounters. The bookies have Hearts to win this match at best price odds of 2.70.
Current Premiership standings
St. Mirren are chasing the first place in the Premiership after collecting 11 points from their initial five encounters. Hearts trail them on seven points after five rounds, sitting as number 5 in the table.
Full Time Betting
St. Mirren won five of the previous 10 home matches across all tournaments, while drawing two and losing three as well. Hearts won one from a possible 10 away from home, as they also drew two and lost seven in this run. Hearts have been generous visitors, conceding in nine of their previous 10 games away from home. St. Mirren pulled off four clean sheets in their previous 10 matches played at The SMISA Stadium.
Both Teams to Score
St. Mirren and Hearts had to make do with a point each in their latest encounter, which finished with a 2-2 scoreline. The best betting odds on a draw at full-time with the bookies are at 3.30. In the past ten matches between home side St. Mirren and Hearts both teams found the back of the net four times. Best priced odds on both teams to score with the bookies are at 1.91. Hearts managed at least one goal in 6 of their previous 7 Premiership matches against St. Mirren. Recent meetings between St. Mirren and visiting side Hearts might have been action-packed, but not rich on goals. Backing under 2.5 goals was a winning bet no less than seven times in the last ten matches. Under 2.5 goals is best priced at odds of 1.73 with the bookies.
Less than 2.5 goals came out three times in the past ten encounters between these two while both teams not to score was a winning bet six times. St. Mirren managed an average of 0.9 goals, with Hearts averaging 1.5 goals. Over 2.5 goals happened in five of St. Mirren’s last ten matches across all tournaments. They pulled off an average of 1.9 goals during this run. Over 2.5 goals happened in five of the last ten outings for Hearts, who managed to score 1.3 times in those matches.