Last Updated: September 15, 2023
When Rangers arrive at McDiarmid Park this coming Saturday to face St. Johnstone in the Premiership, the latter will be hoping to use their home turf to their advantage.
St. Johnstone vs Rangers Stats
- St. Johnstone have not won 15 of the last 17 home matches
- St. Johnstone have conceded in 16 of the last 18 home matches
- In 9 of the last 11 St. Johnstone home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- St. Johnstone have not won the last 6 matches in a row
- St. Johnstone have lost 3 of the last 4 home matches while scoring less than 1.5 goals
- Rangers have scored in 18 of the last 20 away matches
- Rangers have scored in 16 of the last 18 matches
- Rangers have conceded in 11 of the last 13 matches
- Rangers have conceded in 9 of the last 11 away matches
- Rangers have not lost 6 of the last 8 matches
St. Johnstone vs Rangers Squad lists
St. Johnstone Squad
The 41-year-old MacLean will select the starting eleven against Rangers from these players:
- Dave Richards (31), Dimitar Mitov (1), Ross Sinclair (20), Alistair Crawford (21), Andrew Considine (4), Callum Booth (24), James Brown (2), Liam Gordon (6), Luke Robinson (19), Oludare Olufunwa (17), Ryan McGowan (5), Sam McClelland (18), Tony Gallacher (3), Cameron MacPherson (8), Cammy Ballantyne (25), Daniel Phillips (34), Dara Costelloe (44), Graham Carey (11), Jay Turner-Cooke (27), Maksym Kucheriavyi (15), Matt Smith (22), Sven Sprangler, Christopher Kane (9), Diallang Jaiyesimi, Drey Wright (14), Luke Jephcott (16), Nicky Clark (10), Stevie May (7).
Here is the full team squad of Rangers. The 43 year-old Michael Beale will select his starting lineup from the following players:
- Jack Butland (1), Jon McLaughlin (33), Kieran Wright (32), Robbie McCrorie (28), Adam Devine (44), Ben Davies (26), Borna Barisic (31), Connor Goldson (6), James Tavernier (2), John Lundstram (4), John Souttar (5), Leon Balogun (27), Leon King (38), Ridvan Yilmaz (3), Dujon Sterling (21), Jose Cifuentes (15), Joshua McPake (42), Kemar Roofe (25), Kieran Dowell (20), Nicolas Raskin (43), Ryan Jack (8), Steven Davis (10), Todd Cantwell (13), Abdallah Sima (19), Cyriel Dessers (9), Danilo (99), Rabbi Matondo (17), Sam Lammers (14), Scott Wright (23), Tom Lawrence (11).
St. Johnstone vs Rangers Lineups
St. Johnstone vs Rangers Preview
St. Johnstone claimed two points in their previous three matches, where they lost 2-0 against Ross County. They took a point in a0-0 draw with Celtic, before also drawing 2-2 with Dundee FC. The big goal of the season for Rangers has to be winning the title, with a place inside the top two expected as the Premiership action starts to unfold. In their last six Premiership home matches, St. Johnstone have two wins, while they’ve drawn two and lost two. They scored six and conceded seven goals.
Rangers have only one win in their last three matches, as they did beat Ross County by 0-2. Disappointment followed, going down 5-1 against PSV Eindhoven, and 0-1 against Celtic. Rangers will have their sight set on grabbing the trophy, while a place in the top two look a likely prospect before the Premiership gets rolling. Rangers won half their previous six away matches in the Premiership, as well as seeing zero draws and suffering three defeats. They scored ten goals whilst conceding seven.
St. Johnstone vs Rangers H2H
Rangers won 5 of their previous 6 matches against St. Johnstone. It finished with a 2-0 win for Rangers in the most recent meeting between the two sides. Will they be able to put the brakes on their opponent again on Saturday at McDiarmid Park, or will St. Johnstone manage to assert some revenge? Rangers won seven of the last ten encounters against St. Johnstone, but the latter won 2-0 in the latest meeting. The bookies have Rangers to win this match at best price odds of 1.25.
Current Premiership standings
A look at the Premiership standings shows that four points and eight places currently separate the two teams. With six points after four games, Rangers currently rank 4th in the Premiership standings. St. Johnstone play catch-up as they recorded two points in four matches, putting them up as 12th before their upcoming clash.
Full Time Betting
McDiarmid Park witnessed St. Johnstone winning two times in their last 10 matches here, whilst drawing two and losing six as well. Rangers claimed four wins, two draw and four defeats in their last 10 games away. St. Johnstone won only three of their previous 10 league outings, while Rangers six wins in their previous 10.
Both Teams to Score
St. Johnstone claimed a 2-1 win, while Rangers answered back with a 2-0 win in their two most recent meetings. At least one team managed to keep a clean sheet seven times in the last ten matches between Rangers and St. Johnstone. Odds on both teams not to score are best priced at 1.75 with the bookies. Rangers scored at least once in their last 12 Premiership matches against St. Johnstone. At least one team managed to keep a clean sheet seven times in the last ten matches between Rangers and St. Johnstone. Odds on both teams not to score are best priced at 1.75 with the bookies.
Over 2.5 goals came out five times in the last ten encounters between these two teams. St. Johnstone managed an average of 0.4 goals, with Rangers averaging two goals in these. Both teams to score was a winning bet three times in this run of matches. St. Johnstone saw over 2.5 goals in five of their last ten matches across all tournaments, as they scored an average of 1.1 goals during this run. Over 2.5 goals happened in six of the last ten outings for Rangers, who managed to score 1.6 times in those matches.