Last Updated: May 27, 2023
The Premiership tie at McDiarmid Park this coming Sunday sees home team St. Johnstone up against Livingston.
St. Johnstone vs Livingston Stats
- In 14 of the last 16 St. Johnstone matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 8 of the last 9 St. Johnstone matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- St. Johnstone have not won 11 of the last 12 home matches
- In the last 6 St. Johnstone home matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- St. Johnstone have conceded in 12 of the last 13 home matches
- Livingston have lost the last 7 away matches in a row without scoring a goal
- Livingston have lost the last 7 away matches in a row while scoring less than 0.5 goals
- In the last 10 Livingston matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Livingston have lost the last 7 away matches in a row while scoring less than 1.5 goals
- Livingston have conceded in 20 of the last 22 away matches
St. Johnstone vs Livingston Squad lists
St. Johnstone Squad
The 40-year-old coach of the home team, Steven MacLean, will select the lineup against Livingston from this squad:
- Drey Wright, Remi Matthews, Andrew Considine, Stevie May, Liam Gordon, Melker Hallberg, Ryan McGowan, Adam Montgomery, Alexander Mitchell, Graham Carey, James Brown, Nicky Clark, Cameron MacPherson, Daniel Phillips, Jamie Murphy, David Wotherspoon, Connor McLennan, Thelonius Bair, Elliott Parish, Tony Gallacher, Cammy Ballantyne, Zak Rudden, Ross Sinclair, Murray Davidson, Callum Booth, William Sandford, Christopher Kane, Jackson Mylchreest, Steven MacLean.
Here is the full squad of the away team. The 48 year-old Livingston manager Martindale will select his starting XI from these players:
- Nicky Devlin, Shamal George, Joel Nouble, Sean Kelly, Jack Fitzwater, Scott Pittman, Christian Montano, Jason Holt, Stephen Kelly, Ayo Obileye, Andrew Shinnie, Bruce Anderson, Stephane Omeonga, James Penrice, Morgan Boyes, Steven Bradley, Dylan Bahamboula, Luiyi Perez, Kurtis Guthrie, Jack Hamilton, Tom Parkes, Jamie Brandon, Gary Maley, Lucas Stenhouse.
St. Johnstone vs Livingston Lineups
St. Johnstone vs Livingston Preview
St. Johnstone have seen it all in their last three matches, which gave them four points. Against Motherwell, they came out empty-handed in a 0-2 defeat, whereafter they avenged themselves in a 0-1 win against Kilmarnock. Their latest match saw them sharing the spoils in a 3-3 draw against Ross County. St. Johnstone claimed just a single measly home win from a possible six in the Premiership, which also saw them drawing two and losing three matches, in which they scored three and conceded seven goals. St. Johnstone had little luck scoring goals on home soil this season in the Premiership. No side managed fewer goals than the 16 they so far pulled off. Along the way, they allowed 25 goals against.
Livingston claimed four points from a possible nine in their last three matches across all tournaments, which opened with a defeat 2-0 against Kilmarnock. A 2-1 win followed against Dundee United, before drawing 1-1 with Motherwell. Livingston are winless in their last six away games in the Premiership, in which they drew zero and lost six. They conceded 13 goals while scoring zero themselves. Livingston proved themselves generous visitors in the Premiership this season, as they conceded an astonishing 36 goals so far. This leaves them with the worst defensive record of all teams from their away matches.
St. Johnstone vs Livingston H2H
Livingston celebrated two wins against St. Johnstone in their most recent meetings, outclassing their next opponent by 2-0 and 4-2. Livingston seem to have a bit of a love affair with St. Johnstone, as they have beaten them five times in last ten encounters. The bookies have Livingston to win this match at best price odds of 3.40.
Current Premiership standings
One spot behind the leader of the table, Livingston have claimed 46 points after 37 rounds, while St. Johnstone have amassed 40 points and are now ranked as number 3 in the Premiership standings.
Full Time Betting
St. Johnstone claimed one wins in the previous 10 matches at home across all tournaments, as well as drawing two and losing seven. Livingston won three of their last 10 away games, as they also drew zero and lost seven of these matches. St. Johnstone won only two of their previous 10 league outings, while Livingston three wins in their previous 10.
Both Teams to Score
Livingston won 2-0 and 4-2 in the two most recent meetings with St. Johnstone, and go into their upcoming match with a psychological advantage. Both teams found the back of the net five times in the past ten matches between home side St. Johnstone and Livingston. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 2.00. Livingston managed at least one goal in 6 of their previous 7 Premiership matches against St. Johnstone. Both teams found the back of the net five times in the last ten matches between St. Johnstone and Livingston.
St. Johnstone managed an average of 0.9 goals in the past ten encounters against Livingston, who scored 1.5 goals on average. Over 2.5 goals happened five times, while both teams scored five times. St. Johnstone saw over 2.5 goals in two of their last ten matches across all tournaments, as they scored an average of 0.7 goals during this run. Over 2.5 goals happened in four of the last ten outings for Livingston, who managed to score 0.8 times in those matches.