Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: April 1, 2023
The Premiership clash at McDiarmid Park on Saturday sees home team St. Johnstone battling it out for three points with Aberdeen.
St. Johnstone vs Aberdeen Stats
- St. Johnstone have conceded in 20 of the last 22 matches
- St. Johnstone have not won the last 7 home matches in a row
- St. Johnstone have not won 10 of the last 12 matches
- In 6 of the last 8 home matches St. Johnstone played, both teams scored
- St. Johnstone have conceded in the last 8 home matches in a row
- Aberdeen have lost 11 of the last 13 away matches while scoring less than 1.5 goals
- Aberdeen have conceded in the last 15 away matches in a row
- In 12 of the last 13 Aberdeen away matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Aberdeen have lost 11 of the last 13 away matches
- Aberdeen have lost 4 of the last 5 away matches without scoring a goal
St. Johnstone vs Aberdeen Squad lists
St. Johnstone Squad
The 46-year-old coach of the home team, Callum Davidson, will select the lineup against Aberdeen from this squad:
- Parish, Matthews, Sinclair, Considine, Booth, Brown, Gordon, McGowan, Gallacher, Mitchell, MacPherson, Ballantyne, Phillips, Wotherspoon, Carey, Murphy, Hallberg, Davidson, Sandford, Montgomery, Kane, McLennan, Wright, Clark, May, Bair, Rudden.
Below is the full team squad of Aberdeen. The manager Robson will pick his starting XI against St. Johnstone from these players:
- Alfie Bavidge, Angus MacDonald, Bojan Miovski, Bruce Anderson, Callum Roberts, Connor Barron, Dilan Markanday, Duk, Findlay Marshall, Graeme Shinnie, Hayden Coulson, Jack MacKenzie, Jay Gorter, Jayden Richardson, Joe Lewis, Jonathan Hayes, Kelle Roos, Kevin Hanratty, Leighton Clarkson, Liam Harvey, Liam Scales, Marley Watkins, Matthew Kennedy, Matthew Pollock, Patrik Myslovic, Ross McCrorie, Ryan Duncan, Shayden Morris, Tom Ritchie, Ylber Ramadani.
St. Johnstone vs Aberdeen Lineups
St. Johnstone vs Aberdeen Preview
St. Johnstone have been too mediocre in their last three matches, where a win has failed to come their way. Against St. Mirren, they gained a point in a 1-1 draw, before coming up short against Hearts, who ran out 3-0 winners. Lately, they managed to steal a point in a 1-1 draw with Kilmarnock. St. Johnstone did not win any of their last six Premiership matches at the McDiarmid Park. They came through these matches with a record of one draws and five defeats, in which they conceded 14 and scored six goals. St. Johnstone found goals very hard to come by on home soil this season in the Premiership. No side scored fewer times, than the 14 goals they so far pulled off. Along the way, they allowed 19 goals against.
In their last three matches, Aberdeen first beat Livingston 1-0, then Dundee United by 1-3 and finally Hearts by 3-0. Aberdeen only have one paltry win to show from the last six away games in the Premiership. In these six matches they drew zero and lost five as well as being outscored by 21 goals to five. Aberdeen proved themselves generous visitors in the Premiership this season, as they conceded an astonishing 38 goals so far. This leaves them with the worst defensive record of all teams from their away matches.
St. Johnstone vs Aberdeen H2H
In the last two matches against St. Johnstone, Aberdeen won 2-0 in January 2023 and 1-0 in August 2022. In last ten encounters between the clubs, Aberdeen have been the dominant force winning six matches against St. Johnstone. The bookies have Aberdeen to win this match at best price odds of 2.38.
Current Premiership standings
Full Time Betting
In their last 10 matches at McDiarmid Park across all tournaments St. Johnstone won two times, drew two and lost six times. Aberdeen claimed one wins, zero draw and nine defeats in their last 10 games away. St. Johnstone claimed two modest wins from their previous 10 league outings, whereas Aberdeen managed to win five times from a possible 10.
Both Teams to Score
Aberdeen celebrated a 2-0 win in their most recent meeting with their upcoming opponent. Are we in for something similar at McDiarmid Park this coming Saturday? In the 8 most recent Premiership encounters between St. Johnstone and Aberdeen there were under 2.5 goals. Don’t go expecting a feast of goals at McDiarmid Park on Saturday. In the previous ten matches between St. Johnstone and Aberdeen over 2.5 goals only happened once.
There were less than three goals scored nine times in the previous ten encounters between Aberdeen and St. Johnstone, while both teams not to score was a winning bet eight times. St. Johnstone performed an average of 0.4 goals, while Aberdeen pulled off 0.9 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals came out four times in the previous ten matches across all tournaments for St. Johnstone, who scored an average of 0.9 goals along the way. Over 2.5 goals came out in eight of the last 10 matches Aberdeen played across all tournaments. They managed to score an average of 1.2 goals themselves during this run.