Last Updated: September 18, 2023
When Ipswich arrive at St. Mary’s Stadium this coming Tuesday to face Southampton in the Championship, the latter will be hoping to use their home turf to their advantage.
Southampton vs Ipswich Stats
- Southampton have conceded in the last 24 matches in a row
- Southampton have conceded in 33 of the last 35 home matches
- In 9 of the last 11 matches Southampton played, both teams scored
- In 9 of the last 10 Southampton matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Southampton have not won 14 of the last 16 home matches
- Ipswich have scored in the last 32 matches in a row
- Ipswich have scored in the last 16 away matches in a row
- Ipswich have not lost 15 of the last 17 away matches
- In 8 of the last 10 away matches Ipswich played, both teams scored
- Ipswich have not lost 10 of the last 11 matches
Southampton vs Ipswich Squad lists
Martin will select the starting XI for the upcoming match against Ipswich from the players listed below:
- Alex McCarthy (1), Gavin Bazunu (31), Joe Lumley (13), Jack Stephens (5), Jan Bednarek (35), Juan Larios (28), Kyle Walker-Peters (2), Mason Holgate, Shea Charles (24), Taylor Harwood-Bellis, Carlos Alcaraz (22), Flynn Downes, James Bree (14), Joe Aribo (7), Ryan Fraser (26), Ryan Manning (3), Samuel Amo-Ameyaw (27), Stuart Armstrong (17), William Smallbone (16), Adam Armstrong (9), Che Adams (10), Kamaldeen Sulemana (20), Ross Stewart, Samuel Edozie (23), Sekou Mara (18).
Here is the full team squad of Ipswich. The 37 year-old Kieran McKenna will select his starting lineup from the following players:
- Christian Walton (1), Cieran Slicker (13), Nick Hayes (32), Vaclav Hladky (31), Axel Tuanzebe, Brandon Williams (18), Cameron Burgess (15), Dominic Ball (12), Elkan Baggott (26), George Edmundson (4), Janoi Donacien (44), Leif Davis (3), Luke Woolfenden (6), Conor Chaplin (10), Harry Clarke (2), Jack Taylor (14), Lee Evans (8), Marcus Harness (11), Massimo Luongo (25), Nathan Broadhead (33), Omari Hutchinson (20), Sam Morsy (5), Sone Aluko (23), Cameron Humphreys (30), Dane Scarlett, Freddie Ladapo (9), George Hirst (27), Kayden Jackson (19), Larsen Toure (39), Wes Burns (7).
Southampton vs Ipswich Lineups
Southampton vs Ipswich Preview
Southampton managed one win in the last three matches, which was a 2-1 victory against Queens P.R.. They went on to lose 5-0 against Sunderland, before getting dumped in a 1-4 defeat against Leicester. Southampton have one eye on the big prize, although a spot in the top two looks the safer bet as the Championship gets rolling. Southampton managed to win two of their past six home matches in the Championship. In the remaining four, they drew two and lost two, as they scored 14 and conceded 14 goals. Southampton have the worst defensive record at home this season in the Championship. They so far conceded no less than nine goals at St. Mary’s Stadium.
Ipswich look well suited to take on any opponent with seven points to show off from three matches. They started off drawing 2-2 with Reading, before downing first Cardiff by 3-2, then Sheffield Wednesday in a 0-1 win. Southampton are understandable the favourites to win the Championship this season and nothing but the title will be considered a failure for the ambitious club. In their last six Championship away matches, Ipswich have three wins, they’ve drawn zero and lost one three. They scored four while also conceding nine times. They also experienced zero draws and three defeats. Ipswich are among the 1 best away teams in the Championship this season. They put three wins on the board, scoring four goals whilst also conceding one.
Southampton vs Ipswich H2H
Ipswich don’t exactly enjoy playing Southampton, whom they have beaten only once in 7 meetings. The most recent outing between Southampton and Ipswich failed to produce a winner, with the score reading 1-1 after the final whistle. The best betting odds on a draw at full-time with the bookies are at 3.30. In finished in a stalemate four times in the last ten encounters between Southampton and Ipswich. They both claimed five wins, and the bookies best betting odds on a draw at full-time are at 3.30.
Current Championship standings
Southampton rank nine with ten points to their name from six matches, while visitors Ipswich rank three in the table on 15 points.
Full Time Betting
One win on home soil from a possible 10 is what Southampton can look back upon, while they drew two and lost seven at St. Mary’s Stadium. Ipswich won four of their last 10 away games, drawing four and losing two in this run. Southampton have not exactly been great at shutting out their visitors at St. Mary’s Stadium. In their previous 10 lmatches at home, they claimed just zero wins, while also holding on to a clean sheet.
Both Teams to Score
It finished all square when Southampton last faced Ipswich. With both denying to back down, the scoreboard said 1-1 in the end. The best betting odds on a draw at full-time with the bookies are at 3.30. Both teams found the back of the net six times in the past ten matches between home side Southampton and Ipswich. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.50. Southampton managed to score at least one goal in their last 5 encounters in the Championship against Ipswich. In the last ten matches between Southampton and Ipswich over 2.5 goals came out five times. Odds on at least three goals are at 1.67 with bookies.
Over 2.5 goals came up five times in the previous ten encounters between Southampton and Ipswich, as Southampton scored 1.6 goals on average per game and Ipswich averaging 1.4 goals. Both teams scored in six times of these matches. In Southampton’s last ten games, there have been over 2.5 goals in nine of them. They managed to average 1.8 goals goals per match across all tournaments. Over 2.5 goals happened in four of the last ten outings for Ipswich, who managed to score 1.8 times in those matches.