Author: Josh Stewart
Last Updated: February 28, 2023
The spotlight is on Southampton and Grimsby, as the pair go looking to boost their confidence. They face each other this coming Wednesday at St. Mary’s Stadium in the FA Cup.
How to Live Stream Southampton vs Grimsby on Wednesday
Bet365* provides its account members live streaming access to various FA Cup matches. Those interested in watching the live stream of Southampton vs Grimsby may use this service by following the straightforward instructions below.
Click on this link.
‘Join now’ and enter details.
Log in and fund your account.
Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
* Geo-restrictions apply; 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware.
How to Live Stream Southampton vs Grimsby on TV
UK: ITV 4
US: BeIN Sports
Southampton vs Grimsby Match Preview
In their previous three games, Southampton lost 2-1 against Wolverhampton, beat Chelsea 0-1, before losing 1-0 against Leeds. Southampton showed little mercy in their past six matches at St. Mary’s Stadium, of which they won five, drew none and lost once. They hit the target 11 times while letting in seven themselves.
In their previous three outings, Grimsby won by 1-2 against Northampton and drew 0-0 with Harrogate Town, before also drawing 2-2 against Leyton Orient. Grimsby won twice, while also recording one draw, and three defeats in their last six away matches in the FA Cup. The scoreline from these matches says nine goals conceded and ten scored.
Southampton vs Grimsby Squad Lists
Selles will select the starting XI for the upcoming match against Grimsby from the players listed below:
- Alex McCarthy, Gavin Bazunu, Wilfredo Caballero.
- Armel Bella-Kotchap, Carlos Alcaraz, Duje Caleta-Car, Jan Bednarek, Juan Larios, Kyle Walker-Peters, Lyanco, Mohammed Salisu, Romain Perraud, Valentino Livramento.
- Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Ibrahima Diallo, James Bree, James Ward-Prowse, Joe Aribo, Kgaogelo Chauke, Mohamed Elyounoussi, Moussa Djenepo, Romeo Lavia, Stuart Armstrong.
- Adam Armstrong, Che Adams, Kamaldeen Sulemana, Mislav Orsic, Paul Onuachu, Samuel Edozie, Sekou Mara, Theo Walcott.
Here is the full squad of the away team. The 48-year-old Grimsby manager Hurst will select his starting XI from these players:
- Max Crocombe, Ollie Battersby.
- Andrew Smith, Anthony Driscoll-Glennon, Jaz Goundry, Jordan Cropper, Joshua Emmanuel, Luke Waterfall, Michee Efete, Niall Maher, Shaun Pearson.
- Aaron Braithwaite, Alex Hunt, Bryn Morris, Danny Amos, Evan Khouri, Gavan Holohan, George Lloyd, Harry Clifton, Harvey Tomlinson, Jamie Bramwell, Kieran Green, Mikey O’Neill, Otis Khan, Owen Gallacher, Stephen Wearne.
- Danilo Orsi, Edwin Essel, John McAtee, Ryan Taylor, Sean Scannell, Thomas Dickson-Peters.
Southampton vs Grimsby Team Stats
- In the last 10 Southampton matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Southampton have conceded in 23 of the last 25 matches
- Southampton have conceded in 23 of the last 25 home matches
- Southampton have lost 4 of the last 5 matches while scoring less than 1.5 goals
- In the last 5 Southampton home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 6 of the last 7 Grimsby away matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In 7 of the last 9 Grimsby matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Grimsby have conceded in 9 of the last 10 away matches
- Grimsby have scored in 8 of the last 9 matches
- Grimsby have not lost 5 of the last 6 matches
Check Out Also
Southampton vs Grimsby H2H
Having never shared a season in the FA Cup in the recent past, this is the first time Southampton comes up against Grimsby in this context.
Full Time Betting
Southampton won four of their previous 10 matches across all tournaments at St. Mary’s Stadium. They drew zero and lost six as well, while Grimsby won three of their last 10 games away. They drew one and lost six. Southampton managed just one clean sheet in their previous 10 matches on home soil. Grimsby claimed one clean sheet in their last 10 away games.
Both Teams to Score
Having never played each other in the FA Cup in the 21st century, this is the first time Southampton comes up against Grimsby in this tournament as of late. Thus, any eventual h2h stats stem from meetings in cup matches or friendlies.
Southampton saw over 2.5 goals in five of their last ten matches across all tournaments, as they scored an average of 0.9 goals during this run. Over 2.5 goals happened in seven of the last ten outings for Grimsby, who managed to score 1.4 times in those matches.