Royal Ascot Free Bets [year]
When it comes to horse racing, Royal Ascot can be considered one of the most iconic race meetings of the year. Dating back over 300 years it is quite simply the most prestigious flat meeting on the planet. The best equine talent from the UK as well as France and often the USA descend on the Berkshire track for five days of racing observed by the Queen who enters as part of a royal procession each day. This is where one of the most popular bets takes place with punters being able to predict what colour the Queen’s hat will be.
Royal Ascot is, without doubt, one of the biggest horse race betting events of the year.
Races At Royal Ascot
There are six races across the five days of the meeting and these include The Queen Anne Stakes, The Royal Ascot Gold Cup, The Coronation Stakes, The Diamond Jubilee stakes and not least the Prince Of Wales Stakes. The latter has the most prize money up for grabs with £500,000 available.
Royal Ascot Dress Code
The dress code at Royal Ascot is probably the strictest in British racing. This is because men are obligated to wear ‘Top hat and tails’ otherwise known as ‘Morning Dress’. Hats must be worn by women and fascinators are not acceptable. The fashion at Royal Ascot is of major interest and much of the TV coverage attributes time to this between races.
Interesting Fact About Royal Ascot
- Over the course of five days attendees will consume 56,000 bottles of champagne, 44,000 bottles of wine and 21,000 jugs of Pimm’s.
- A ladies hat must have a minimum base of four inches.
- Hats must remain on a man’s head accept within a restaurant, private box, enclosed terrace and other designated areas.
- For the first time and history men were allowed to remove coats and hats last year due to high temperatures.
- The Queen has owned 19 Royal Ascot Winners.
- Divorcees were banned from the Royal Enclosure until 1955.
If you are looking for a race meeting full of tradition, pomp, champagne flutes, aristocrats and designer label fashion, Royal Ascot is probably the place for you. There is little doubt that the horse racing sometimes plays second fiddle to the off course antics. However the racing is of a tremendous quality with a plethora of Group level races taking place. Why not take advantage of some Royal Ascot Free Bets by opening an account with one of the many online bookmakers today.