Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: April 30, 2023
Middlesbrough go up against Rotherham on Monday for an exciting Championship meeting at New York Stadium.
Rotherham vs Middlesbrough Stats
- Rotherham have conceded in 15 of the last 17 home matches
- In 6 of the last 7 home matches Rotherham played, both teams scored
- Rotherham have conceded in 12 of the last 14 matches
- In 6 of the last 7 Rotherham home matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Rotherham have not won 8 of the last 9 matches
- Middlesbrough have scored in 28 of the last 30 matches
- In 13 of the last 15 Middlesbrough matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Middlesbrough have conceded in 21 of the last 23 away matches
- In 8 of the last 9 matches Middlesbrough played, both teams scored
- In 9 of the last 11 away matches Middlesbrough played, both teams scored
Rotherham vs Middlesbrough Squad lists
Taylor will select the starting XI for the upcoming match against Middlesbrough from the players listed below:
- Bailey Wright, Ben Wiles, Cameron Humphreys, Chiedozie Ogbene, Ciaran McGuckin, Cohen Bramall, Conor Coventry, Conor Washington, Curtis Durose, Georgie Kelly, Grant Hall, Hakeem Odoffin, Hamish Douglas, Jamie Lindsay, Jordan Hugill, Josh Vickers, Lee Peltier, Leo Hjelde, Mackenzie Warne, Oliver Rathbone, Peter Kioso, Quina, Richard Wood, Robbie Hemfrey, Sean Morrison, Shane Ferguson, Tariqe Fosu, Tom Eaves, Tyler Blackett, Viktor Johansson, Wes Harding.
Here is the full team squad of Middlesbrough. The 41 year-old Michael Carrick will select his starting lineup from the following players:
- Liam Roberts, Luke Daniels, Zack Steffen, Dael Fry, Marc Bola, Matthew Clarke, Patrick McNair, Tom Smith, Aaron Ramsey, Abella Perez Damia, Alex Mowatt, Anfernee Dijksteel, Daniel Barlaser, Darnell Fisher, Darragh Lenihan, Hayden Hackney, Jonathan Howson, Malik Dijksteel, Matt Crooks, Riley McGree, Ryan Giles, Sonny Finch, Stephen Walker, Cameron Archer, Chuba Akpom, Cristhian Stuani, Isaiah Jones, Marcus Forss, Rodrigo Muniz.
Rotherham vs Middlesbrough Lineups
Rotherham vs Middlesbrough Preview
A draw was the best Rotherham could muster in their previous three games. They claimed a 2-2 draw against Burnley, before getting trounced 2-1 against Bristol City. Last time out, more disappointment followed as Cardiff ran out 1-2 winners. They went into the season as candidates for the drop, and unfortunately for Rotherham, they have lived up to expectations. As the season draws to a close, they are still in with a chance of escaping relegation, though. Rotherham only pulled off two wins from a possible six in recent Championship matches on home soil. Of the remaining four matches, they drew one and lost three, as they scored ten and conceded ten goals.
Despite losing their latest outing, results have generally been decent in the last three matches for Middlesbrough. They first took out Norwich by 5-1 before downing Hull by 3-1. The winning streak came to an end against Luton, who ran out 2-1 winners. Middlesbrough, meanwhile, won twice, while they’ve drawn one and lost three in their last six away in the Championship. Middlesbrough have been prolific goalscorers in the Championship, not least away from home. Until now, they have been on target 38 times, making them the most scoring away side, while also letting in 36 goals.
Rotherham vs Middlesbrough H2H
Neither Rotherham nor Middlesbrough managed a breakthrough, when they last faced each other. They ended up settling for a point in a 0-0 draw, and the best betting odds on a draw at full-time with the bookies are at 3.30. Middlesbrough look back on five wins in their previous matches against their next opponent in the shape of Rotherham. The home side has a 22% win rate in these encounter for a total record of 2-2-5. No doubt worth keeping in mind before you make a choice for your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
Current Championship standings
Sitting bottom of the table, Rotherham have claimed 46 points after 44 rounds, while Middlesbrough have amassed 74 points. This places the latter as number 4 in the Championship at the moment.
Full Time Betting
Rotherham claimed four wins in the previous 10 matches at home across all tournaments, as well as drawing two and losing four. Middlesbrough won five of their last 10 away games, as they also drew one and lost four of these matches. Goals should be on the menu at New York Stadium, with both teams scoring in six of the last 10 matches at home for Rotherham. The same outcome paid dividends in eight of the last 10 away games for Middlesbrough.
Both Teams to Score
Betting on the draw would have earned you a sound profit the last time Rotherham played Middlesbrough. The pair split the points in a 0-0 match, where no one managed to get the upper hand. Punters probably shouldn’t go looking for both teams to score, when Middlesbrough come visiting Rotherham. At least one team managed to keep a clean sheet seven times in their last nine matches. Odds on both teams not to score are best priced at 2.00 with the bookies. Both teams found the back of the net two times in the last nine matches between Rotherham and Middlesbrough.
Over 2.5 goals happened four times in the past nine encounters between Rotherham and Middlesbrough, with Rotherham scoring 0.66 goals on average per game. Middlesbrough averaged 1.1 goals, while both teams scored two times. Rotherham saw over 2.5 goals in six of their last ten matches across all tournaments, as they scored an average of 1.1 goals during this run. Over 2.5 goals happened in nine of the last ten games for Middlesbrough, who managed to hit the net 2.7 times on average in these games.