Last Updated: March 16, 2023
Both Rotherham and Cardiff need points to escape their current position at the relegation-end of the Championship table. The match takes place at New York Stadium and could be labelled a serious six-pointer.
Rotherham vs Cardiff Stats
- In 9 of the last 11 Rotherham home matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In 9 of the last 10 Rotherham matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Rotherham have conceded in 11 of the last 13 home matches
- In the last 3 home matches in a row Rotherham played, both teams scored
- Rotherham have conceded in the last 7 matches in a row
- Cardiff have lost 4 of the last 5 away matches without scoring a goal
- In 8 of the last 9 Cardiff matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- In 9 of the last 11 Cardiff away matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- Cardiff have lost 4 of the last 5 away matches while scoring less than 0.5 goals
- In 10 of the last 12 Cardiff away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
Rotherham vs Cardiff Squad lists
The 41-year-old manager of Rotherham, Matt Taylor, will select the lineup against Cardiff from the players listed below:
- Bailey Wright, Ben Wiles, Cameron Humphreys, Chiedozie Ogbene, Ciaran McGuckin, Cohen Bramall, Conor Coventry, Conor Washington, Curtis Durose, Georgie Kelly, Grant Hall, Hakeem Odoffin, Hamish Douglas, Jamie Lindsay, Jordan Hugill, Josh Vickers, Lee Peltier, Leo Hjelde, Mackenzie Warne, Oliver Rathbone, Peter Kioso, Quina, Richard Wood, Robbie Hemfrey, Sean Morrison, Shane Ferguson, Tariqe Fosu, Tom Eaves, Tyler Blackett, Viktor Johansson, Wes Harding.
Here is the full squad of the away team. The 51 year-old Cardiff manager Lamouchi will select his starting XI from these players:
- Rinomhota, O’Dowda, Robinson, Kipre, Wickham, Adams, Whyte, Davies, Simpson, Philogene-Bidace, Alnwick, Collins, Ralls, Bagan, Colwill, Etete, Benjamin, Romeo, Harris, McGuinness, Wigley, Denham, Ng, Luthra, Sawyers, Colwill, Allsopp, Wintle, Ojo, Kaba, Sang, Daley-Campbell.
Rotherham vs Cardiff Lineups
Rotherham vs Cardiff Preview
In their last three matches, Rotherham won 3-1 against Queens P.R., before losing 2-0 against Birmingham and 1-2 to Preston. Rotherham claimed a middle-of-the-road three wins in their previous six matches on home soil in the Championship. They also drew one and lost two, as they scored ten and conceded six goals.
Cardiff added four points to their account in their previous three matches, starting off beating Bristol City 2-0. A 2-0 defeat against Preston followed, before sharing the points with West Bromwich in a 1-1 draw. Cardiff managed to win just once in their past six away games in the Championship. On top of winning once they also drew zero as well as losing five, while scoring seven time and letting in two. Cardiff proved themselves generous visitors in the Championship this season, as they conceded an astonishing 24 goals so far. This leaves them with the worst defensive record of all teams from their away matches.
Rotherham vs Cardiff H2H
Rotherham are winless in their 6 most recent meetings with Cardiff. The last time these two teams faced off against each other, Cardiff came away as 1-0 winners. No doubt they are planning a similar outcome on Saturday. Cardiff look back on five wins in their previous matches against their next opponent in the shape of Rotherham. The home side has a 10% win rate in these encounter for a total record of 1-4-5. No doubt worth keeping in mind before you make a choice for your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
Current Championship standings
Full Time Betting
New York Stadium witnessed Rotherham winning three times in their last 10 matches here, whilst drawing two and losing five as well. Cardiff claimed two wins, two draw and six defeats in their last 10 games away. Rotherham claimed two modest wins from their previous 10 league outings, whereas Cardiff managed to win three times from a possible 10.
Both Teams to Score
Cardiff ran out 1-0 winners the last time these two rivals played each other and are definitely planning to claim three points again this coming Saturday. Both teams to score came out seven times in the past ten matches between Rotherham and Cardiff. Odds on both teams finding the back of the net are best priced at 1.91 with the bookies. Cardiff scored at least once in their last 8 Championship matches against Rotherham. Entertainment seems close to guaranteed when Rotherham welcome Cardiff as over 2.5 goals came out a winning bet seven times in ten matches. Over 2.5 goals is best priced at odds of 2.30 with the bookies on Saturday.
The last ten encounters between Rotherham and Cardiff saw over 2.5 goals scored seven times, with Rotherham averaging one goal a game. Cardiff scored 1.9 goals on average in these, as both teams scored seven times in this run. Over 2.5 goals was a winning bet in four of Rotherham’s past ten matches across all tournaments. They scored 0.9 goals on average along the way. Over 2.5 goals appeared in one of the last ten matches that Cardiff played across all tournaments. They scored 0.7 times on average in the process.