Last Updated: April 22, 2023
Burnley are out to consolidate their place inside the top four of the Championship table, when stepping up against Rotherham for a match on Tuesday. Rotherham no doubt have a surprise in mind, but a win for Burnley nevertheless seems the likely outcome.
Rotherham vs Burnley Stats
- In 12 of the last 14 Rotherham matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Rotherham have conceded in 13 of the last 15 home matches
- In 4 of the last 5 home matches Rotherham played, both teams scored
- Rotherham have conceded in 9 of the last 11 matches
- In 4 of the last 5 Rotherham home matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Burnley have not lost 26 of the last 28 matches
- Burnley have not lost 11 of the last 12 away matches
- In 7 of the last 9 Burnley matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 7 of the last 9 Burnley away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 3 of the last 4 Burnley matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
Rotherham vs Burnley Squad lists
The 41-year-old coach of the home team, Matt Taylor, will select the lineup against Burnley from this squad:
- Wright, Wiles, Humphreys, Ogbene, McGuckin, Bramall, Coventry, Washington, Durose, Kelly, Hall, Odoffin, Douglas, Lindsay, Hugill, Vickers, Peltier, Hjelde, Warne, Rathbone, Kioso, Quina, Wood, Hemfrey, Morrison, Ferguson, Fosu, Eaves, Blackett, Johansson, Harding.
Below is the full team squad of Burnley. The manager Kompany will pick his starting XI against Rotherham from these players:
- Al Dakhil, Zaroury, Muric, Barnes, Peacock-Farrell, Taylor, Roberts, Churlinov, Franchi, Dervisoglu, Ekdal, Maatsen, Cork, Rodriguez, Gudmundsson, Brownhill, Cullen, Beyer, Foster, Benson, Obafemi, Tella, Bastien, Twine, Harwood-Bellis, Vitinho.
Rotherham vs Burnley Lineups
Rotherham vs Burnley Preview
Rotherham have been inconsistent in their last three matches, which added four points to their tally. They claimed a 3-1 win against West Bromwich, before drawing 0-0 with Norwich. This little streak came to an end, when Luton proved too strong in a 0-2 defeat for Rotherham. They went into the season as candidates for the drop, and unfortunately for Rotherham, they have lived up to expectations. As the season draws to a close, they are still in with a chance of escaping relegation, though. Rotherham won three of their previous six matches at New York Stadium in the Championship. They drew zero and suffered three defeats, scoring nine goals to nine against.
In their three most recent outings, Burnley won 1-2 and 2-0 against Middlesbrough and Sheffield United, before drawing 0-0 against Reading. Burnley managed a decent return of three wins in their last six Championship away matches, in which they scored seven while also conceding three times. They remained undefeated in this run, drawing three but lost none. No team won as many matches when playing away than Burnley did so far in the Championship this season. A total of 11 matches was won on away soil.
Rotherham vs Burnley H2H
Only once did Burnley lose against Rotherham in their 7 most recent meetings. A 3-2 win was the follow-up to a 2-0 victory, when Burnley last faced Rotherham, no doubt raising the spirits ahead of their next trip. Burnley won four of the previous ten matches, with Rotherham claiming two wins in these ten encounters. The bookies have Burnley to win this match at best price odds of 1.65.
Current Championship standings
Burnley have taken the lead in the Championship after collecting 91 points from their initial 41 encounters. Rotherham trail them by 45 points after 41 rounds, leaving them as number 18 in the table.
Full Time Betting
Rotherham claimed four wins, drew two and lost four of their previous 10 home matches across all tournaments. Burnley won five, drew four and lost one of their last 10 games away. Goals should be on the menu at New York Stadium, with both teams scoring in six of the last 10 matches at home for Rotherham. The same outcome paid dividends in four of the last 10 away games for Burnley.
Both Teams to Score
Burnley celebrated a 3-2 win as well as a 2-0 victory in the last two matches played against Rotherham. Both teams found the back of the net six times in the past ten matches between home side Rotherham and Burnley. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 2.00. Burnley scored at least once in their last 4 Championship matches against Rotherham. Over 2.5 goals came out five times in the last ten matches between Rotherham and Burnley. Odds on under 2.5 goals are at 1.73 with bookies.
Both teams to score was a winning bet six times in the last ten encounters between Rotherham and Burnley. There were over two goals five times, as Rotherham managed an average of 1.5 goals, while Burnley scored 1.3 goals on average. Over 2.5 goals happened in four of Rotherham’s last ten matches across all tournaments. They pulled off an average of one goal during this run. Over 2.5 goals happened in five of the last ten outings for Burnley, who managed to score 1.5 times in those matches.