Ross County vs St. Johnstone – Predictions and Free Bets
Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: May 24, 2023
St. Johnstone visit Global Energy Stadium this coming Wednesday for a Premiership fixture with home side Ross County.
Ross County vs St. Johnstone Stats
- In 11 of the last 13 Ross County home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Ross County have lost 3 of the last 4 home matches without scoring a goal
- In 7 of the last 9 Ross County home matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- Ross County have lost 3 of the last 4 home matches while scoring less than 0.5 goals
- In 7 of the last 9 Ross County matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In the last 11 St. Johnstone matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- St. Johnstone have conceded in 24 of the last 26 away matches
- In the last 8 St. Johnstone matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- In 13 of the last 15 St. Johnstone away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- St. Johnstone have conceded in 10 of the last 12 matches
Ross County vs St. Johnstone Squad lists
Ross County Squad
The 51-year-old coach of the home team, Malky Mackay, will select the lineup against St. Johnstone from this squad:
- Alex Iacovitti, Alex Samuel, Andrew MacLeod, Ben Paton, Ben Purrington, Connor Randall, David Cancola, Dominic Samuel, Dylan Smith, Eamonn Brophy, George Harmon, George Robesten, Gwion Edwards, Jack Baldwin, Jamie Williamson, Jordan Tillson, Jordan White, Jordy Hiwula-Mayifuila, Josh Sims, Josh Stones, Keith Watson, Nohan Kenneh, Owura Edwards, Ross Callachan, Ross Laidlaw, Ross Munro, Simon Murray, Viktor Loturi, Yan Dhanda, Zach MacPhee.
St. Johnstone Squad
Here is the full team squad of St. Johnstone. The 40 year-old Steven MacLean will select his starting lineup from the following players:
- Adam Montgomery, Alexander Mitchell, Andrew Considine, Callum Booth, Cameron MacPherson, Cammy Ballantyne, Christopher Kane, Connor McLennan, Daniel Phillips, David Wotherspoon, Drey Wright, Elliott Parish, Graham Carey, Jackson Mylchreest, James Brown, Jamie Murphy, Liam Gordon, Melker Hallberg, Murray Davidson, Nicky Clark, Remi Matthews, Ross Sinclair, Ryan McGowan, Steven MacLean, Stevie May, Thelonius Bair, Tony Gallacher, William Sandford, Zak Rudden.
Ross County vs St. Johnstone Lineups
Ross County vs St. Johnstone Preview
In their last three matches, Ross County beat Livingston by 2-0 and Dundee United by 1-3, before losing against Motherwell by 1-0. In their last six Premiership home matches, Ross County have two wins, while they’ve drawn one and lost three. They scored seven and conceded six goals. Ross County have been unable to turn the Global Energy Stadium into a fortress this season. They are one of the worst home teams in the Premiership with a dismal 18 points and just five win. They scored 19 and allowed 27 goals against.
Six points is St. Johnstone have to show from their past three matches, as they beat Dundee United by 1-0. This was followed by a 0-2 defeat against Motherwell, before winning 0-1 against Kilmarnock. In their last six Premiership away matches, St. Johnstone have three wins, they’ve drawn one and lost one two. They scored six while also conceding seven times. They also experienced one draw and two defeats. St. Johnstone are in the top three when it comes to scoring goals on their travels in the Premiership this season. They claimed 20 goals so far, whilst allowing 31 goals against.
Ross County vs St. Johnstone H2H
St. Johnstone were knocked out cold when Ross County took a 2-0 win in their latest encounter. It served as pay back for the 2-1 defeat, St. Johnstone handed out in the game before. St. Johnstone look back on two wins in their previous matches against their next opponent in the shape of Ross County. The home side has a 40% win rate in these encounter for a total record of 4-4-2. No doubt worth keeping in mind before you make a choice for your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
Current Premiership standings
Two places behind the league-leaders, St. Johnstone claimed 39 points from 36 rounds, while Ross County amassed 33 points. They now rank as number 5 in the Premiership standings.
Full Time Betting
Ross County claimed all three points three times in their last 10 home matches across all tournaments, while also drawing one along the way. They endured defeat in six of the games in this run. St. Johnstone won four of their last 10 games away, while drawing one and losing five in this series of matches. St. Johnstone scored the first goal of the match a modest three times in their 10 previous games played away from home. However, Ross County were first on target four times in their last 10 outings on home soil.
Both Teams to Score
Ross County triumphed in a 2-0 win against St. Johnstone, the last time they faced off. However, St. Johnstone secured a 2-1 win in the match before that. Both teams found the back of the net five times in the past ten matches between home side Ross County and St. Johnstone. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.91. Both teams to score paid out five times in the previous ten matches between home side Ross County and St. Johnstone. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.91.
Both teams not to score was a winning bet five times in the last ten encounters between Ross County and St. Johnstone as under 2.5 goals happened three times. Ross County scored an average of 1.1 goals a game, with St. Johnstone averaging 0.7 goals in this run. Ross County witnessed over 2.5 goals in four of their previous ten matches across all tournaments in which they averaged 1.3 goals a game. Over 2.5 goals appeared in one of the last ten matches that St. Johnstone played across all tournaments. They scored 0.5 times on average in the process.