Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: April 2, 2023
Ross County are aiming for an upset this coming Sunday, when faced with Premiership leaders Celtic at Global Energy Stadium. It will be a surprise to see the latter slip up, though, considering the difference in the table between the two sides.
Ross County vs Celtic Stats
- In 13 of the last 15 Ross County matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Ross County have not won 12 of the last 14 matches
- Ross County have conceded in 12 of the last 14 home matches
- In 8 of the last 10 Ross County home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Ross County have lost 3 of the last 4 matches while scoring less than 1.5 goals
- Celtic have won the last 13 matches in a row while scoring more than 1.5 goals
- Celtic have scored in the last 30 matches in a row
- Celtic have won the last 13 matches in a row
- Celtic have not lost the last 18 matches in a row
- Celtic have scored in 31 of the last 32 away matches
Ross County vs Celtic Squad lists
Ross County Squad
Mackay will select the starting XI for the upcoming match against Celtic from the players listed below:
- Iacovitti, Samuel, MacLeod, Paton, Purrington, Randall, Cancola, Samuel, Smith, Brophy, Harmon, Robesten, Edwards, Paton, Baldwin, Tillson, White, Hiwula-Mayifuila, Sims, Stones, Watson, Kenneh, Edwards, Callachan, Laidlaw, Munro, Murray, Loturi, Dhanda.
This is the full squad of players that the Celtic head coach Postecoglou will select from for his starting XI:
- Joe Hart, Cameron Carter-Vickers, Matthew O’Riley, Reo Hatate, Kyogo Furuhashi, Callum McGregor, Greg Taylor, Jota, Daizen Maeda, Carl Starfelt, Aaron Mooy, Anthony Ralston, Liel Abada, Alistair Johnston, Alexandro Bernabei, David Turnbull, James Forrest, Sead Haksabanovic, Stephen Welsh, Yuki Kobayashi, Hyun-Gyu Oh, Benjamin Siegrist, Conor Hazard, Scott Bain, Ben Summers, Dane Murray, James McCarthy, Owen Moffat, Tomoki Iwata.
Ross County vs Celtic Lineups
Ross County vs Celtic Preview
In their last three matches, Ross County won 4-0 against Dundee United, before losing 0-2 against Motherwell and 2-1 to Livingston. Ross County claimed a modest two wins in their past six home matches in the Premiership. They also drew one and lost three, scored eight goals and conceded six. Ross County are among the three teams scoring the least goals at home in the Premiership this season. They managed 17 goals at Global Energy Stadium, while conceding 24.
In their last three matches, Celtic first beat St. Mirren 1-5, then Hearts by 3-1 and finally Hibernian by 3-1. Celtic recorded no less than five in their previous six Premiership away matches, as well drawing once and losing none. They hit the target 18 themselves while allowing four goals against. No team won as many matches when playing away than Celtic did so far in the Premiership this season. A total of 12 matches was won on away soil.
Ross County vs Celtic H2H
Celtic are looking forward to their upcoming match against Ross County, whom they beat in their last 6 matches. Celtic celebrated a 2-1 win as well as a 3-1 victory in the last two matches played against Ross County. Celtic look to extend their dominance on their upcoming hosts, who have found it tough to deal with the former. The visitors beat Ross County eight times in last ten Encounters. The bookies have Celtic to win this match at best price odds of 1.14.
Current Premiership standings
Celtic have taken the lead in the Premiership after collecting 82 points from their initial 29 encounters. Ross County trail them by 24 points after 29 rounds, leaving them as number 11 in the table.
Full Time Betting
Ross County claimed three wins in the previous 10 matches at home across all tournaments, as well as drawing two and losing five. Celtic won seven of their last 10 away games, as they also drew one and lost two of these matches. Who’ll impose themselves on the match first at Global Energy Stadium this coming Sunday? Ross County scored the opening goal six times in 10 home games, while Celtic did it in eight of their last 10 away games.
Both Teams to Score
A 2-1 win was the follow-up to a 3-1 victory, when Celtic last faced Ross County, no doubt raising the spirits ahead of their next trip. At least one team managed to keep a clean sheet seven times in the last ten matches between Celtic and Ross County. Odds on both teams not to score are best priced at 1.67 with the bookies. Celtic managed at least one goal in 22 of their previous 23 Premiership matches against Ross County. Under 2.5 goals came out a winning bet only three times in ten matches between Ross County and Celtic. Over 2.5 goals is best priced at odds of 1.40 with the bookies on Sunday.
In the last ten encounters between Ross County and Celtic over 2.5 goals came out seven times, as Ross County averaged 0.4 goals a game. Celtic scored an average of 2.6 goals in these, while both teams scored three times. Over 2.5 goals was a winning bet in five of Ross County’s past ten matches across all tournaments. They scored 1.4 goals on average along the way. Over 2.5 goals came out in nine of the last 10 matches Celtic played across all tournaments. They managed to score an average of 3.4 goals themselves during this run.