Last Updated: September 16, 2023
Empoli take a trip to Stadio Olimpico, Rome on Sunday to play against a top six finishing side from last season in Roma in round 4 of the new Serie A campaign.
Roma came away with three points from the latest encounter with Empoli. It would be a surprise if they fail do to it again, when they face each other on Sunday.
How to Live Stream Roma vs Empoli this coming Sunday
Bet365* provides its account members live streaming access to various Serie A matches. Those interested in watching the live stream of Roma vs Empoli may use this service by following the straightforward instructions below.
Watch the game via Bet365 live stream
Click on this link to watch the game live.
‘Join now’ and enter details.Log in and fund your account.Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.* Geo-restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware.
How to Live Stream Roma vs Empoli on TV
UK: BT Sport
Roma vs Empoli Team Stats
- In 11 of the last 12 matches Roma played, both teams scored
- Roma have scored in 21 of the last 22 home matches
- In 11 of the last 12 Roma matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Roma have scored in the last 12 matches in a row
- In the last 5 home matches in a row Roma played, both teams scored
- Empoli have not won the last 12 away matches in a row
- Empoli have lost the last 3 matches in a row without scoring a goal
- In 14 of the last 16 Empoli away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Empoli have lost the last 3 matches in a row while scoring less than 0.5 goals
- Empoli have conceded in 16 of the last 18 matches
Roma vs Empoli Squad lists
Mourinho will select the starting XI for the upcoming match against Empoli from the players listed below:
- Mile Svilar (99), Pietro Boer (63), Rui Patricio (1), Chris Smalling (6), Diego Llorente (14), Evan N’Dicka (5), Gianluca Mancini (23), Leonardo Spinazzola (37), Marash Kumbulla (24), Mehmet Zeki Celik (19), Rasmus Nissen (43), Rick Karsdorp (2), Bryan Cristante (4), Edoardo Bove (52), Houssem Aouar (22), Leandro Paredes (16), Lorenzo Pellegrini (7), Nicola Zalewski (59), Renato Sanches (20), Riccardo Pagano, Andrea Belotti (11), Matteo Politano, Paulo Dybala (21), Romelu Lukaku (90), Sardar Azmoun (17), Stephan El Shaarawy (92), Tammy Abraham (9).
This is the full squad of players that the Empoli head coach Zanetti will select from for his starting XI:
- Elia Caprile (25), Etrit Berisha (99), Lovro Stubljar (40), Samuele Perisan (1), Ardian Ismajli (34), Bartosz Bereszynski (19), Gabriele Guarino (14), Giuseppe Pezzella (3), Liberato Cacace (13), Lorenzo Tonelli (26), Luca Marianucci (31), Nicolo Cambiaghi (28), Sebastian Walukiewicz (4), Sebastiano Luperto (33), Tyronne Ebuehi (24), Alberto Grassi (5), Filippo Ranocchia (22), Jacopo Fazzini (21), Luca Belardinelli, Nicolas Haas (32), Razvan Marin (18), Tommaso Baldanzi (35), Viktor Kovalenko (8), Youssef Maleh (29), Daniel Maldini (27), Emmanuel Ekong (17), Emmanuel Quartsin Gyasi (11), Francesco Caputo (9), Matteo Cancellieri (20), Mattia Destro (23), Simone Bastoni (30), Stiven Shpendi (7).
Roma vs Empoli Lineups
Roma vs Empoli Match Preview
A single point is all Roma can show for their efforts in the past three matches. They managed a 2-2 draw with Salernitana, before getting trounced 2-1 against Verona while AC Milan won 1-2. A season somewhat above expectations could perhaps make Roma a contender in a title race, though they do look capable of a podium finish if catching the right momentum. Roma just have a single home win to show from their efforts in the past six Serie A matches at the Stadio Olimpico, Rome. They also drew three and lost two of these six encounters, in which they scored eight and conceded ten goals.
Empoli endured a tough spell in their last three matches, from which they have nothing to show. They were beaten 0-1 by Verona, before Monza ran out 2-0 winners. A third defeat on the trot followed against Juventus, who came out 0-2 winners. Roma enter the season as candidates for a top three finish, but more than a third place would in the end would be a rather big surprise. In their last six Serie A away matches, Empoli failed to win even once. In stead, they’ve drawn three and lost three, scoring three while also conceding seven times.
Roma vs Empoli H2H
Roma claimed three points in their previous 7 matches against Empoli. Roma hope to extend their grip on Empoli, whom they outclassed in their last two meetings, winning 2-1 and 2-0, respectively. Roma were ruthless against Empoli in recent meetings, and will be looking to keep their run going. The home side beat their coming visitors nine times in ten encounters. The bookmakers have another win for the home side best priced at 1.45. Roma scored at least once in 13 of their 14 most recent encounters in the Serie A against Empoli. The scenario of both teams to score came out five times in the last ten matches between Roma and Empoli.
Roma vs Empoli Betting & Odds
Here are the odds for the game between Roma and Empoli as announced by bet365 at the time of publishing this article. For the list of latest odds for the match visit bet365.com.
Match odds: Roma (1.45) | Draw (4.33) | Empoli (7.00)
Over/Under goals (O/U): Under 2.5 (1.91) | Over 2.5 (1.91)
Both Teams To Score (O/U): BTTS No (1.67) | BTTS Yes (2.10)
Full Time Betting
Stadio Olimpico, Rome witnessed Roma winning four times in their last 10 matches here, whilst drawing four and losing two as well. Empoli claimed zero wins, three draw and seven defeats in their last 10 games away. Roma scored the opening goal six times of a possible 10 at Stadio Olimpico, Rome, while Empoli did likewise in two of their 10 most recent away games.
Both Teams to Score
Roma celebrated a 2-0 win in their most recent meeting with their Empoli. Are we in for something similar at Stadio Olimpico, Rome this coming Sunday, or does the latter have something else in store? Both teams found the back of the net five times in the past ten matches between home side Roma and Empoli. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 2.10. Roma scored at least once in 13 of their 14 most recent encounters in the Serie A against Empoli. In the previous ten matches between Roma and Empoli, both teams found the back of the net five times.
Over 2.5 goals came out five times in the last ten encounters between these two teams. Roma managed an average of 2.2 goals, with Empoli averaging 0.6 goals in these games. Both teams to score was a winning bet five times in this run of matches. Over 2.5 goals came out eight times in the previous ten matches across all tournaments for Roma, who scored an average of 1.9 goals along the way. Over 2.5 goals happened in six of the last ten outings for Empoli, who managed to score 2.4 times in those matches.