Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: March 10, 2023
Espanyol head to Estadio Santiago Bernabeu as the clear underdogs for a La Liga round 25 match with Real Madrid this coming Saturday. Given how the odds are stacked against them, anything apart from a defeat will be a surprise.
Entering the match as a favourite, Real Madrid will be highly motivated to extend their unbeaten streak that they currently have in this La Liga campaign. They should be in with a decent chance of adding another win to their account. The visitors will undoubtfully make their life as unpleasant as possible, however, they will have it very difficult considering the current form of the hosts.
How to Live Stream Real Madrid vs Espanyol on Saturday
Bet365* provides its account members live streaming access to various La Liga matches. Those interested in watching the live stream of Real Madrid vs Espanyol may use this service by following the straightforward instructions below.
Bet365 offers live game coverage
Click here to sign up and watch the game at Bet365.
‘Join now’ and enter details.Log in and fund your account.Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.* Geo-restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware.
How to Live Stream Real Madrid vs Espanyol on TV
UK: Premier Sports, ITV
Real Madrid vs Espanyol Team Stats
- Real Madrid have scored in 36 of the last 38 matches
- Real Madrid have not lost 23 of the last 25 home matches
- Real Madrid have scored in 19 of the last 20 home matches
- Real Madrid have won 8 of the last 10 matches while scoring more than 1.5 goals
- Real Madrid have won 7 of the last 9 home matches while scoring more than 1.5 goals
- In 12 of the last 14 Espanyol away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Espanyol have scored in 11 of the last 12 matches
- Espanyol have scored in 8 of the last 10 away matches
- Espanyol have conceded in 8 of the last 10 matches
- In 5 of the last 7 Espanyol away matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
Real Madrid vs Espanyol Squad lists
Real Madrid Squad
The 63-year-old coach of the home team, Carlo Ancelotti, will select the lineup against Espanyol from this squad:
- Lunin (13), Courtois (1), Odriozola (16), Rüdiger (22), Carvajal (2), Alaba (4), Militao (3), Mendy (23), Vallejo (5), Fernandez (6), Ramos (4), Tchouameni (18), Ceballos (19), Camavinga (12), Valverde (15), Modric (10), Asensio (11), Kroos (8), Hazard (7), Benzema (9), Vazquez (17), Diaz (24), Rodrygo (21), Junior (20).
This is the full squad of players that the Espanyol head coach Martinez will select from for his starting XI:
- Fernandez (25), Fortuno (34), Pacheco (13), Garcia (1), Pedrosa (3), Vidal (22), Olivan (14), Montes (23), Calero (5), Cabrera (4), El Hilali (26), Gil (2), Pierre-Gabriel (18), Sanchez (27), Gomez (24), Keddari (28), Villahermosa (31), Suarez (6), Exposito (20), Puado (7), Lazo (16), Gragera (15), Bare (8), Koleosho (30), Martinez (35), Darder (10), Costa (12), Gomez (19), Joselu (9), Braithwaite (17), Touaizi (32), Ribaudo (21).
Real Madrid vs Espanyol Lineups
Real Madrid vs Espanyol Match Preview
Real Madrid failed to win any of their last three matches, though they gained a point against Atletico Madrid in a 1-1 draw, before coming up short against Barcelona in a 0-1 defeat. Most recently, they settled for a 0-0 draw against Real Betis. In their last six La Liga home matches, Real Madrid have three wins, while they’ve drawn three and lost zero. They scored ten and conceded three goals. Real Madrid claimed seven wins at Estadio Santiago Bernabeu, scoring 23 times whilst conceding eight along the way. This ranks them as one of the 2 best home sides this season in the La Liga.
Espanyol won twice in their last three matches as Elche were defeated by 0-1, before they beat Mallorca 2-1. Real Valladolid proved too strong, though, and a 2-1 defeat followed. Espanyol claimed two wins against two draws and two defeats in their last six away matches in the La Liga. The scoreline from these matches reads eight goals conceded and seven scored.
Real Madrid vs Espanyol H2H
Real Madrid claimed all three points in 11 of their 12 latest home matches against Espanyol. Real Madrid hope to extend their grip on Espanyol, whom they outclassed in their last two meetings, winning 4-0 and 3-1, respectively. Real Madrid generally have the upper hand against Espanyol, offering a fine 8-0-2 winning record before their next encounter. The bookies best betting odds on a home win are at 1.25. Real Madrid scored at least once in 31 of their 32 most recent encounters in the La Liga against Espanyol. Both teams found the back of the net three times in the last ten matches between Real Madrid and Espanyol.
La Liga Standings
Real Madrid are chasing the first place in the La Liga after collecting 53 points from their initial 24 encounters. Espanyol trail them on 27 points after 24 rounds, sitting as number 12 in the table.
Real Madrid vs Espanyol Betting & Odds
Here are the odds for the game between Real Madrid and Espanyol as announced by bet365 at the time of publishing this article. For the list of latest odds for the match visit bet365.com.
Match odds: Real Madrid (1.25) | Draw (6.50) | Espanyol (9.00)
Over/Under goals (O/U): Under 2.5 (2.20) | Over 2.5 (1.67)
Both Teams To Score (O/U): BTTS No (1.61) | BTTS Yes (2.20)
Full Time Betting
Real Madrid claimed six wins in their previous 10 home games across all tournaments, while drawing two of the games. They suffered defeat in two of these outings. Espanyol won four of their last 10 games away, drew two and lost four. Should Real Madrid pull off a home win this coming Saturday, it could be an entertaining affair, since they only won two games to nil in their last 10 attempts.
Both Teams to Score
Real Madrid hope to extend their grip on Espanyol, whom they outclassed in their last two meetings, winning 4-0 and 3-1, respectively. At least one team managed to keep a clean sheet seven times in the last ten matches between Espanyol and Real Madrid. Odds on both teams not to score are best priced at 1.61 with the bookies. Real Madrid scored at least once in 31 of their 32 most recent encounters in the La Liga against Espanyol. Both teams to score only came out three times in the previous ten games between Espanyol and Real Madrid. Odds on both teams not to score are best priced at 1.61 with the bookies.
In the past ten encounters between Real Madrid and Espanyol over 2.5 goals came out four times, with Real Madrid scoring an average of two goals per game. Espanyol averaged 0.6 goals, while both teams scored three times. Over 2.5 goals came out four times in the previous ten matches across all tournaments for Real Madrid, who scored an average of 2.3 goals along the way. Over 2.5 goals appeared in six of the last ten matches that Espanyol played across all tournaments. They scored 1.3 times on average in the process.