The highlight of Gameweek 6 has to be Manchester United’s visit to RB Leipzig in this must win game for both teams, that said Manchester United can progress to the knockout stages of the Champions League with a draw, however given how easily Manchester United concede goals it’s a risky strategy to play for the draw. You won’t find many 0-0 draws from either of these teams both in their domestic leagues or abroad which is why we are anticipating goals in this fixture.
We will publish the confirmed team line ups when they are confirmed, here are our predicted line ups for the game.
Group H is tightly contested in the Champions League with 3 teams tied on 9pts, so qualification is wide open. With PSG expected to win their home tie again Istanbul Büyüksehir then this is a must win game for both Leipzig and Manchester United.
Our expert tipsters have taken a look at the form of both teams for this upcoming tie. Leipzig are in great form with 6 wins from their last 6 games. Manchester United come into the fixture with 5 wins and 1 loss from their last 6 games.
RB Leipzig last played Arminia Bielefeld at home coming out as 2-1 winners on the 28th November with Manchester United managing a 1-3 win against West Ham.
RB Leipzig vs Manchester United Head To Head
The last time the pair played each other The Red Devils came away as 5-0 winners. The two teams have only a handful of previous meetings, but Manchester United undoubtedly had the upper hands in those.
RB Leipzig vs Manchester United stats in Champions League
Some interesting facts and streaks.
- RB Leipzig has won in the last 4 of 5 matches at home;
- Total goals was OVER 2.5 in RB Leipzig’s last 6 of 8 matches;
- RB Leipzig conceded in the last 6 of 8 matches;
- Total goals was OVER 3.5 in RB Leipzig’s last 2 of 4 matches.
- Manchester United conceded in the last 11 of 13 matches;
- Total goals was OVER 2.5 in Manchester United’s last 8 of 10 matches;
- Total goals was OVER 2.5 in Manchester United’s last 6 matches in the row;
- Total goals was OVER 2.5 in Manchester United’s last 7 when playing away matches in the row.
First Goal Scorer
Angelino is currently top of the goal scoring charts for Leipzig in the Champions League with Marcus Rashford scoring 6 goals in 5 games including a hat trick when they last met at Old Trafford. It’s worth keeping an eye on midfielder Bruno Fernandes who has scored 3 goals in the Champions League this season.
Both Teams To Score Betting
First Team To Score Betting
Based on the last 10 games there is a 40% chance that Leipzig will score first in this game. On away form Manchester United has a 40% chance of scoring first in this game, so given how even it is First Team to Score betting may prove difficult to choose.
Over Under Betting
There is a 60% chance of there being 2.5 goals or more in a game that RB Leipzig has played in with it being an 80% chance in games featuring Manchester United. For the 3.5 goals or more there is a 20% chance in games that Leipzig has played in with the chances at 40% in games featuring The Red Devils. There is a 100% chance of there being at least one goal in a game featuring Manchester United.