Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: April 1, 2023
Round 39 of the new Championship campaign sees Blackpool visit Preston this coming Saturday. The visitors hope to get a result at Deepdale to boost their chances of avoiding another relegation battle.
Preston vs Blackpool Stats
- In the last 11 Preston matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Preston have not lost the last 7 matches in a row
- In the last 6 Preston home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Preston have conceded in 9 of the last 11 home matches
- Preston have not lost the last 4 home matches in a row
- Blackpool have not won the last 11 away matches in a row
- Blackpool have lost the last 7 away matches in a row while scoring less than 1.5 goals
- Blackpool have conceded in the last 13 away matches in a row
- In 15 of the last 17 Blackpool away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Blackpool have lost the last 7 away matches in a row
Preston vs Blackpool Squad lists
Lowe will select the starting XI for the upcoming match against Blackpool from the players listed below:
- Browne, McCann, Fernandez, Hughes, Diaby, Whiteman, Woodburn, Potts, Evans, Johnson, Cornell, Jakobsen, Cross-Adair, Woodman, Cunningham, Slater, Pradic, Storey, Onomah, Coulton, Leigh, Delap, Lindsay, Olosunde, Mawene, Bauer, Brady, Ledson, Cannon, Parrott.
Listed below is the full squad of Blackpool players that the manager Mick McCarthy will choose from for the upcoming game:
- Andy Lyons, Beryly Lubala, Callum Connolly, Charlie Goode, Charlie Patino, Chris Maxwell, CJ Hamilton, Curtis Nelson, Daniel Grimshaw, Dominic Thompson, Gary Madine, Ian Poveda, Jake Beesley, James Husband, Jerry Yates, Jordan Gabriel, Jordan Thorniley, Josh Bowler, Kenneth Dougall, Keshi Anderson, Kevin Stewart, Lewis Fiorini, Liam Bridcutt, Luke Garbutt, Marvin Ekpiteta, Morgan Rogers, Oliver Casey, Robert Apter, Shayne Lavery, Sonny Carey, Stuart Moore, Tom Trybull, Will Squires.
Preston vs Blackpool Lineups
Preston vs Blackpool Preview
Preston are looking to bounce back from a recent setback and get back to winning ways. In their last three matches, they first took out Cardiff by 2-0, before beating Rotherham by 1-2. The winning streak came to an end against Middlesbrough, who ran out 4-0 winners. Preston claimed a modest two wins in their past six home matches in the Championship. They also drew two and lost two, scored six goals and conceded eight. Preston have been unable to turn the Deepdale into a fortress this season. They are one of the worst home teams in the Championship with a dismal 21 points and just five win. They scored 14 and allowed 22 goals against.
Blackpool are inconsistent at the moment, with two defeats and a win to show from their last three matches. They lost 2-0 against Bristol City, won 6-1 against Queens P.R., before dropping points again in a 1-4 defeat against Coventry. In their last six Championship away matches, Blackpool failed to win even once. In stead, they’ve drawn zero and lost six, scoring two while also conceding 13 times. Blackpool are among the 2 worst away teams in the Championship, with a gloomy 14 points collected on their travels. They managed to score 16 times, while also conceding 32.
Preston vs Blackpool H2H
The last time these two teams squared up, Blackpool ran out 4-2 winners which they surely won’t mind doing again at Deepdale. Neither side have been the dominant force in recent meetings between Preston and Blackpool, as Blackpool won four of the last ten Matches, while Preston won three matches of these ten encounters. The bookies have Blackpool to win this match at best price odds of 4.00.
Current Championship standings
Preston approach the next Championship round as number 12 in the table, having claimed 53 points this season so far. With 38 games behind them, Blackpool amassed 35 points, placing them as number 23 before their next fixture.
Full Time Betting
Preston claimed a modest three wins from their previous 10 home matches across all tournaments. They split the points with the visiting team in two of the games, whilst losing five. Blackpool won zero of their last 10 games away, drew two and lost eight of the games in this run. Both teams have been poor at keeping their opponents from scoring in recent matches. While Preston managed to keep a clean sheet in two of the games at Deepdale, Blackpool kept their hosts from scoring in zero of their last 10 away games.
Both Teams to Score
Preston took a hit when Blackpool handed them a 4-2 defeat in their latest encounter. The former did win the reverse match though, as they secured three points to their name by claiming a 1-0 win. Punters probably shouldn’t go looking for both teams to score, when Blackpool come visiting Preston. At least one team managed to keep a clean sheet six times in their last nine matches. Odds on both teams not to score are best priced at 1.80 with the bookies. Recent meetings between Preston and visiting side Blackpool might have been action-packed, but not rich on goals. Backing under 2.5 goals was a winning bet no less than seven times in the last nine matches. Under 2.5 goals is best priced at odds of 1.61 with the bookies.
Over 2.5 goals came up two times in the previous nine encounters between Preston and Blackpool, as Preston scored 0.77 goals on average per game and Blackpool averaging 1.1 goals. Both teams scored in three times of these matches. Over 2.5 goals happened in five of Preston’s last ten matches across all tournaments. They pulled off an average of 0.8 goals during this run. Over 2.5 goals came up in five of Blackpool’s previous ten matches across all tournaments. They managed to score an average of 1.2 goals in these matches.