Last Updated: September 18, 2023
Birmingham travel to face Preston in a Championship encounter at Deepdale on Tuesday.
Preston vs Birmingham Stats
- In 15 of the last 17 Preston home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 13 of the last 14 Preston matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Preston have won the last 5 matches in a row while scoring less than 2.5 goals
- In 9 of the last 11 Preston home matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Preston have scored in 14 of the last 16 home matches
- In 14 of the last 16 Birmingham away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Birmingham have scored in 13 of the last 14 matches
- Birmingham have scored in 12 of the last 14 away matches
- In 7 of the last 8 Birmingham matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In the last 4 Birmingham away matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
Preston vs Birmingham Squad lists
Lowe will select the starting XI for the upcoming match against Birmingham from the players listed below:
- David Cornell (21), Freddie Woodman (1), Andrew Hughes (16), Brad Potts (44), Calvin Ramsay (22), Gregory Cunningham (3), Jack Whatmough (26), Jordan Storey (14), Joshua Seary (36), Kian Best (33), Patrick Bauer (5), Alan Browne (8), Alistair McCann (13), Ben Whiteman (4), Duane Holmes (25), Kian Taylor (30), Kitt Nelson (34), Liam Lindsay (6), Mads Froekjaer-Jensen (10), Milutin Osmajic, Noah Mawene (35), Robert Brady (11), Ryan Ledson (18), Benjamin Woodburn (20), Ched Evans (9), Emil Riis Jakobsen (19), Felipe (24), Layton Stewart (17), Liam Millar, Will Keane (7).
Below is the full team squad of Birmingham. The manager Eustace will pick his starting XI against Preston from these players:
- John Ruddy (21), Neil Etheridge (1), Zachary Jeacock, Cody Drameh (12), Dion Sanderson (5), Emanuel Aiwu, Ethan Laird (2), Kevin Long (26), Lee Buchanan (3), Marc Roberts (4), Marcel Oakley (24), Alfie Chang (15), Brandon Khela (27), Gary Gardner (20), George Hall (35), Ivan Sunjic (34), Jordan James (19), Keshi Anderson (14), Koji Miyoshi (11), Krystian Bielik (6), Mark Duffy, Oliver Burke, Sam Cosgrove (16), Siriki Dembele (17), Emmanuel Longelo (23), Jay Stansfield, Juninho Bacuna (7), Lee Novak, Lukas Jutkiewicz (10), Scott Hogan (9), Tyler Roberts (8).
Preston vs Birmingham Lineups
Preston vs Birmingham Preview
Preston swept all aside in their last three matches and started off by winning 2-1 against Swansea. They went on to defeat Stoke 0-2 and made it three on the spin against Plymouth in a 2-1 victory. A top half finish is the dream target for Preston, although keeping their Championship status for another season has to be the priority. Preston won four of their previous six Championship games at the Deepdale. They both drew and lost once, as they conceded eight and scored nine goals. No team won as many matches on home soil than Preston did so far in the Championship this season. A total of three matches at the Deepdale finished with a home win.
Birmingham were only able to take one point from their past three games. They came up short in a 1-3 defeat against Cardiff before drawing 1-1 with Millwall. They were defeated once again, when Watford ran out 2-0 winners. A mid-table finish looks like the optimal outcome for Preston in a season where they aim to keep the relegation line at bay in the Championship. Birmingham, meanwhile, won twice, while they’ve drawn one and lost three in their last six away in the Championship.
Preston vs Birmingham H2H
Preston lost only once in 5 recent games against Birmingham. Preston beat Birmingham by 2-1 in their most recent match, while Birmingham claimed a 1-0 win in the match prior to that. Preston tend to have the upper hand against Birmingham, grabbing all three points five times in ten matches. The bookies best betting odds on a home win are at 2.25.
Current Championship standings
Preston have taken the lead in the Championship after collecting 16 points from their initial six encounters. Birmingham trail by five points after six rounds, leaving them as number 6 in the table on 11 points.
Full Time Betting
Preston claimed all three points six times in their last 10 home matches across all tournaments, while also drawing two along the way. They endured defeat in two of the games in this run. Birmingham won six of their last 10 games away, while drawing one and losing three in this series of matches. Goals should be on the menu at Deepdale, with both teams scoring in seven of the last 10 matches at home for Preston. The same outcome paid dividends in four of the last 10 away games for Birmingham.
Both Teams to Score
Preston ended up winning 1-2 in the most recent meeting between these two rivals. Rest assured they have a similar outcome in mind at Deepdale., when they once again face Birmingham. Recent meetings between Preston and visiting side Birmingham might have been action-packed, but not rich on goals. Backing under 2.5 goals was a winning bet no less than eight times in the last ten matches. Under 2.5 goals is best priced at odds of 1.61 with the bookies.
There were less than three goals scored eight times in the previous ten encounters between Birmingham and Preston, while both teams not to score was a winning bet eight times. Preston performed an average of 0.8 goals, while Birmingham pulled off 0.8 goals per game. Preston witnessed over 2.5 goals in four of their previous ten matches across all tournaments in which they averaged 1.4 goals a game. Over 2.5 goals appeared in four of the last ten matches that Birmingham played across all tournaments. They scored 1.5 times on average in the process.