Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: April 1, 2023
Sheffield United go up against Norwich this coming Saturday for an exciting Championship meeting at Carrow Road.
Norwich vs Sheffield United Stats
- Norwich have conceded in 14 of the last 16 home matches
- In 9 of the last 11 Norwich home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Norwich have not lost 6 of the last 7 matches
- Norwich have conceded in 8 of the last 10 matches
- Norwich have won 3 of the last 4 home matches while scoring more than 1.5 goals
- In 12 of the last 14 Sheffield United away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 5 of the last 6 Sheffield United matches the sum of goals was under 1.5
- Sheffield United have not lost 11 of the last 13 away matches
- In the last 6 Sheffield United matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Sheffield United have scored in 11 of the last 13 away matches
Norwich vs Sheffield United Squad lists
The 51-year-old Wagner will select the starting eleven against Sheffield United from these players:
- Angus Gunn, Jon McCracken, Michael McGovern, Tim Krul, Andrew Omobamidele, Ben Gibson, Grant Hanley, Max Aarons, Sam Byram, Sam McCallum, Dimitrios Giannoulis, Gabriel Sara, Isaac Hayden, Jacob Lungi Soerensen, Jonathan Rowe, Kenny McLean, Kieran Dowell, Liam Gibbs, Marcelino Nunez, Onel Hernandez, Adam Idah, Christos Tzolis, Joshua Sargent, Marquinhos, Teemu Pukki.
Sheffield United Squad
This is the full squad of players that the Sheffield United head coach Heckingbottom will select from for his starting XI:
- Davies, Foderingham, Ahmedhodzic, Basham, Clark, Stevens, O’Connell, Robinson, Bogle, Starbuck, Egan, Gordon, Lowe, Norrington-Davies, Sachdev, Brooks, Osborn, Maguire, Baldock, Coulibaly, McAtee, Fleck, Norwood, Arblaster, Berge, Doyle, Sharp, Jebbison, Ndiaye, Marsh, McBurnie, Brewster, Osula.
Norwich vs Sheffield United Lineups
Norwich vs Sheffield United Preview
It could have been better, it could have been worse for Norwich, who have two points to show from their last three matches. They came up short in a 0-1 defeat against Sunderland, followed by a 1-1 draw against Huddersfield. They picked up a point again in the latest round after a 0-0 draw with Stoke. Norwich won three of their previous six matches at Carrow Road in the Championship. They drew zero and suffered three defeats, scoring eight goals to seven against.
Sheffield United look back on their last three matches with six points to show for their efforts. Against Luton, they were left empty-handed in a 0-1 defeat, but they bounced back by beating Sunderland in a 1-2 win. They followed that up with a 3-2 win against Blackburn in their most recent outing. Sheffield United claimed two wins against two draws and two defeats in their last six away matches in the Championship. The scoreline from these matches reads six goals conceded and six scored. Sheffield United are among the 3 best away teams in the Championship this season. They put ten wins on the board, scoring 23 goals whilst also conceding 16.
Norwich vs Sheffield United H2H
It finished 2-2 when Norwich last played Sheffield United and the best betting odds on yet another draw at full-time with the bookies are at 3.40. Sheffield United look back on four wins in their previous matches against their next opponent in the shape of Norwich. The home side has a 40% win rate in these encounter for a total record of 4-2-4. No doubt worth keeping in mind before you make a choice for your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
Current Championship standings
While Sheffield United are chasing the lead in the Championship after collecting 70 points in 37 rounds, Norwich trail by 57 points after 38 rounds, leaving them as number 7 in the table.
Full Time Betting
Carrow Road saw Norwich winning three, drawing one and losing six of their 10 most recent games here across all tournaments. Sheffield United won five of their 10 most recent away games, drew three and lost two. Sheffield United won two of their last 10 away matches without conceding a goal.
Both Teams to Score
The most recent outing between Norwich and Sheffield United failed to produce a winner, with the score reading 2-2 after the final whistle. The best betting odds on a draw at full-time with the bookies are at 3.40. In the past ten matches between home side Norwich and Sheffield United both teams found the back of the net six times. Best priced odds on both teams to score with the bookies are at 1.67. There was over 2.5 goals in 6 of the 7 most recent Championship encounters between Norwich and Sheffield United. Both teams found the back of the net six times in the last ten matches between Norwich and Sheffield United.
In the last ten encounters between Norwich and Sheffield United over 2.5 goals came out six times, as Norwich averaged 1.4 goals a game. Sheffield United scored an average of 1.4 goals in these, while both teams scored six times. Over 2.5 goals happened in four of Norwich’s last ten matches across all tournaments. They scored an average of 1.2 goals along the way. Over 2.5 goals happened in five of the last ten outings for Sheffield United, who managed to score 1.4 times in those matches.