Newcastle United vs Wolves – Prediction
Last Updated: March 10, 2023
Newcastle United will be taking on visiting team Wolves at St James’ Park in a Premier League tie this coming Sunday.
Newcastle United vs Wolves Stats
- In the last 15 Newcastle matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Newcastle have not lost 28 of the last 30 home matches
- In 10 of the last 12 Newcastle matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- In the last 9 Newcastle home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Newcastle have scored in 12 of the last 14 home matches
- Wolverhampton have conceded in the last 14 away matches in a row
- In 10 of the last 12 away matches Wolverhampton played, both teams scored
- In 12 of the last 14 Wolverhampton matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Wolverhampton have conceded in 11 of the last 13 matches
- Wolverhampton have scored in 10 of the last 12 away matches
Newcastle United vs Wolves Squad lists
Newcastle United Squad
The 45-year-old coach of the home team, Eddie Howe, will select the lineup against Wolves from this squad:
- Pope, Trippier, Almiron, Burn, Schaer, Botman, Joelinton, Willock, Longstaff, Guimaraes, Wilson, Saint-Maximin, Murphy, Isak, Targett, Fraser, Lascelles, Anderson, Gordon, Karius, Gillespie, Dubravka, Krafth, Ashby, Lewis, Manquillo, Dummett, Ritchie, Longstaff.
Listed below is the full squad of Wolves players that the manager Julen Lopetegui will choose from for the upcoming game:
- Traore, Traore, Chiquinho, Dawson, Bentley, Costa, Hwang, Bueno, Gomes, Moutinho, Hodge, Jonny, Sa, Moulden, Lemina, Cunha, Nunes, Kilman, Collins, Semedo, Sarabia, Neto, Jimenez, Ait Nouri, Neves, Kalajdzic, Gomes.
Newcastle United vs Wolves Lineups
Newcastle United vs Wolves Preview
Newcastle United endured a tough spell in their previous three matches, which brought three defeats. They lost 0-2 against Liverpool, before Manchester United won 2-0, while Manchester City claimed all three points in a 2-0 win. Newcastle United claimed a middle-of-the-road three wins in their previous six matches on home soil in the Premier League. They also drew two and lost one, as they scored seven and conceded three goals. No team played out as many draws on home soil than Newcastle United did so far in the Premier League this season. A total of five matches at St James’ Park finished all square this season.
In their last three matches, Wolves drew 1-1 with Fulham, lost 2-0 against Liverpool and beat Tottenham 1-0. Wolves won twice, while also recording two draws, and two defeats in their last six away matches in the Premier League. The scoreline from these matches says nine goals conceded and six scored.
Newcastle United vs Wolves H2H
Only once did Wolves lose against Newcastle United in their 10 most recent meetings. The most recent outing between Newcastle United and Wolves failed to produce a winner, with the score reading 1-1 after the final whistle. The best betting odds on a draw at full-time with the bookies are at 3.50. Newcastle United claimed one win, while Wolves picked up two wins in the previous ten matches, while the rest had no winner. The bookies best betting odds on a draw at full-time are at 3.50.
Current Premier League standings
Newcastle United are number 5 in the table on 41 points after 24 matches. Wolves rank as number 13 with 27 points after 26 matches played.
Full Time Betting
Newcastle United won seven of the previous 10 home matches across all tournaments, while drawing two and losing one as well. Wolves won three from a possible 10 away from home, as they also drew four and lost three in this run. Wolves seem incapable of keeping things tight away from home, conceding at least once in their last 10 away games. Newcastle United kept five clean sheets in their last 10 games on home soil.
Both Teams to Score
It finished 1-1 when Newcastle United last played Wolves and the best betting odds on yet another draw at full-time with the bookies are at 3.50. Both teams to score looks a great bet, when Wolves come visiting Newcastle United, as this paid out nine times in their last ten matches. Odds on both teams to score are best priced at 1.95 with the bookies. Newcastle United managed to score at least one goal in their last 15 encounters in the Premier League against Wolves. Over 2.5 goals happened only three times in the last ten matches Newcastle United took on Wolves. Under 2.5 goals is best priced at odds of 1.80 with the bookies.
Both teams not to score was a winning bet one time in the last ten encounters between Newcastle United and Wolves as under 2.5 goals happened three times. Newcastle United scored an average of 1.1 goals a game, with Wolves averaging 1.2 goals in this run. Newcastle United saw over 2.5 goals in one of their last ten matches across all tournaments, as they scored an average of 0.8 goals during this run. Over 2.5 goals happened in four of the last ten outings for Wolves, who managed to score 1.2 times in those matches.