Newcastle United vs Leicester City – Predictions and Free Bets
Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: May 21, 2023
The penultimate round of the Premier League season presents an interesting battle between Newcastle United and Leicester City. The match takes place on Monday at St James’ Park.
Newcastle United vs Leicester City Stats
- Newcastle have not lost 25 of the last 27 home matches
- Newcastle have conceded in 16 of the last 17 matches
- In 12 of the last 14 Newcastle home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 9 of the last 11 Newcastle matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In 6 of the last 8 matches Newcastle played, both teams scored
- Leicester have conceded in the last 17 matches in a row
- Leicester have not won 14 of the last 15 matches
- In 9 of the last 11 matches Leicester played, both teams scored
- In the last 5 away matches in a row Leicester played, both teams scored
- Leicester have not won the last 7 away matches in a row
Newcastle United vs Leicester City Squad lists
Newcastle United Squad
Howe will select the starting XI for the upcoming match against Leicester City from the players listed below:
- Karius, Gillespie, Dubravka, Pope, Burn, Krafth, Schaer, Ashby, Lascelles, Lewis, Manquillo, Trippier, Targett, Dummett, Botman, Guimaraes, Anderson, Murphy, Willock, Ritchie, Longstaff, Almiron, Fraser, Longstaff, Isak, Saint-Maximin, Gordon, Wilson, Joelinton.
Leicester City Squad
Listed below is the full squad of Leicester City players that the manager Dean Smith will choose from for the upcoming game:
- Alex Smithies, Boubakary Soumare, Caglar Soyuncu, Daniel Amartey, Daniel Iversen, Danny Ward, Dennis Praet, Harry Souttar, Harvey Barnes, James Justin, James Maddison, Jamie Vardy, Jannik Vestergaard, Jonny Evans, Kelechi Iheanacho, Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, Luke Thomas, Nampalys Mendy, Patson Daka, Ricardo Pereira, Ryan Bertrand, Tete, Timothy Castagne, Victor Kristiansen, Wilfred Ndidi, Wout Faes, Youri Tielemans.
Newcastle United vs Leicester City Lineups
Newcastle United vs Leicester City Preview
Newcastle United have seen it all in their last three matches, which gave them four points. First, they went down 0-2 against Arsenal, before picking up a 2-2 draw against Leeds. Their latest match brought a 4-1 win in their encounter with Brighton. Newcastle United targeted a place inside the top six before the Premier League season. However, ranked inside the top three, they are dreaming of medals after a great campaign. Newcastle United won five of their last six Premier League matches at St James’ Park, scoring 17 and conceding six along the way. They lost once but didn’t draw a single match.
In their previous three games, Leicester City drew 2-2 with Everton, then lost 5-3 against Fulham and 0-3 against Liverpool. They went into the season as candidates for the drop, and unfortunately for Leicester City, they have lived up to expectations. As the season draws to a close, they are still in with a chance of escaping relegation, though. Leicester City didn’t manage a single away win in their last six Premier League matches, but managed two draws, while suffering four defeats. They conceded 13 and scored seven goals themselves.
Newcastle United vs Leicester City H2H
Newcastle United hope to extend their grip on Leicester City, whom they outclassed in their last two meetings, winning 2-1 and 3-0, respectively. Leicester City seem to have a bit of a love affair with Newcastle United, as they have beaten them five times in last ten encounters. The bookies have Leicester City to win this match at best price odds of 7.00.
Current Premier League standings
Sitting two places behind the top of the table, Newcastle United claimed 69 points after 36 rounds. Meanwhile, Leicester City amassed 30 points and rank as number 19 in the Premier League at the moment.
Full Time Betting
Newcastle United won seven of the previous 10 home matches across all tournaments, while drawing one and losing two as well. Leicester City won two from a possible 10 away from home, as they also drew two and lost six in this run. Newcastle United claimed two wins without conceding a goal in their last 10 matches at home.
Both Teams to Score
Newcastle United had a good reading on Leicester City in their last two meetings, which they won by 2-1 and 3-0, respectively. Punters probably shouldn’t go looking for both teams to score, when Leicester City come visiting Newcastle United. At least one team managed to keep a clean sheet six times in their last ten matches. Odds on both teams not to score are best priced at 2.00 with the bookies. Leicester City managed at least one goal in 6 of their previous 7 Premier League matches against Newcastle United. In four of the previous ten matches between Newcastle United and Leicester City both teams scored.
Both teams scored four times in the past ten encounters between Newcastle United and Leicester City, with over 2.5 goals coming out eight times. Newcastle United scored an average of 1.3 goals, with Leicester City averaging two goals. Over 2.5 goals came out eight times in the previous ten matches across all tournaments for Newcastle United, who scored an average of 2.8 goals along the way. Over 2.5 goals came up in seven of Leicester City’s previous ten matches across all tournaments. They managed to score an average of 1.2 goals in these matches.