Newcastle United vs Brighton – Predictions and Free Bets
Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: May 17, 2023
The Premier League clash at St James’ Park on Thursday sees home team Newcastle United battling it out for three points with Brighton.
Newcastle United vs Brighton Stats
- Newcastle have not lost 25 of the last 27 home matches
- Newcastle have conceded in 16 of the last 17 matches
- In 12 of the last 14 Newcastle home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 9 of the last 11 Newcastle matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In 6 of the last 8 matches Newcastle played, both teams scored
- Brighton have scored in 30 of the last 31 matches
- In 14 of the last 16 away matches Brighton played, both teams scored
- Brighton have scored in the last 16 away matches in a row
- Brighton have conceded in 17 of the last 19 away matches
- In 8 of the last 10 Brighton matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
Newcastle United vs Brighton Squad lists
Newcastle United Squad
Howe will select the starting XI for the upcoming match against Brighton from the players listed below:
- Pope, Trippier, Burn, Schaer, Botman, Willock, Guimaraes, Joelinton, Longstaff, Almiron, Wilson, Murphy, Isak, Saint-Maximin, Targett, Fraser, Gordon, Lascelles, Anderson, Karius, Gillespie, Dubravka, Krafth, Ashby, Lewis, Manquillo, Dummett, Ritchie, Longstaff.
Here is the full squad of the away team. The 43 year-old Brighton manager De Zerbi will select his starting XI from these players:
- Adam Lallana, Adam Webster, Alexis Mac Allister, Billy Gilmour, Danny Welbeck, Deniz Undav, Evan Ferguson, Facundo Buonanotte, Jakub Moder, Jan Paul van Hecke, Jason Steele, Jeremy Sarmiento, Joel Veltman, Julio Enciso, Kaoru Mitoma, Levi Colwill, Lewis Dunk, Moises Caicedo, Odel Offiah, Pascal Gross, Pervis Estupinan, Robert Sanchez, Solly March, Tariq Lamptey, Thomas McGill, Yasin Ayari.
Newcastle United vs Brighton Lineups
Newcastle United vs Brighton Preview
In the last three outings, Newcastle United beat Southampton by 3-1, lost 0-2 against Arsenal, before drawing 2-2 with Leeds. Newcastle United managed a strong return of four wins from their previous six matches on home soil in the Premier League. They drew none though, while losing twice in this series. They scored 13 goals and conceded seven times.
Their past three matches saw Brighton beating Manchester United 1-0, losing 1-5 against Everton, and beating Arsenal by 0-3. In their last six Premier League away matches, Brighton have three wins, they’ve drawn one and lost one two. They scored 11 while also conceding eight times. They also experienced one draw and two defeats. Brighton are in the top three when it comes to scoring goals on their travels in the Premier League this season. They claimed 33 goals so far, whilst allowing 26 goals against.
Newcastle United vs Brighton H2H
Newcastle United were able to win only once against Brighton in 11 recent matches. Newcastle United and Brighton had to settle for a point each in their most recent match, which finished with a 0-0 scoreline. The best betting odds on a draw at full-time with the bookies are at 3.80. Newcastle United picked up one win in their previous ten matches against Brighton, while the latter claimed three wins in these, with the remaining finishing a draw. The bookies best betting odds on a draw at full-time are at 3.80.
Current Premier League standings
Sitting two places behind the top of the table, Newcastle United claimed 66 points after 35 rounds. Meanwhile, Brighton amassed 58 points and rank as number 6 in the Premier League at the moment.
Full Time Betting
Newcastle United racked up seven wins from a possible 10 across all tournaments at St James’ Park, drew one and lost two. Brighton won five of their previous 10 away, drew three and lost two times. Goals could at a premium on Thursday at St James’ Park, where just three of the last Premier League matches for Newcastle United saw over 2.5 goals. Of the previous 10 league games away for Brighton, eight had over 2.5 goals.
Both Teams to Score
Newcastle United and Brighton had to make do with a point each in their latest encounter, which finished with a 0-0 scoreline. The best betting odds on a draw at full-time with the bookies are at 3.80. Punters probably shouldn’t go looking for both teams to score, when Brighton come visiting Newcastle United. At least one team managed to keep a clean sheet seven times in their last ten matches. Odds on both teams not to score are best priced at 2.38 with the bookies. At least one team managed to keep a clean sheet seven times in the last ten matches between Brighton and Newcastle United. Odds on both teams not to score are best priced at 2.38 with the bookies.
Both teams to not score paid out seven times in the past ten encounters between Brighton and Newcastle United, whereas under 2.5 goals happened three times. Newcastle United scored an average of 0.4 goals a game, with Brighton averaging one goal in this run. Over 2.5 goals came out eight times in the previous ten matches across all tournaments for Newcastle United, who scored an average of 2.6 goals along the way. Over 2.5 goals came up in seven of Brighton’s previous ten matches across all tournaments. They managed to score an average of two goals in these matches.