Last Updated: September 15, 2023
When St. Mirren come to Fir Park for the Premiership match this coming Saturday, Motherwell will be hoping to use their home advantage to their advantage.
Motherwell vs St. Mirren Stats
- Motherwell have scored in 26 of the last 28 matches
- Motherwell have scored in the last 12 home matches in a row
- Motherwell have not lost 16 of the last 18 matches
- Motherwell have won the last 7 home matches in a row
- In 12 of the last 14 Motherwell home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- St. Mirren have not lost the last 8 matches in a row
- In 8 of the last 9 St. Mirren away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- St. Mirren have scored in the last 8 matches in a row
- St. Mirren have won 6 of the last 8 matches
- In 6 of the last 8 St. Mirren away matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
Motherwell vs St. Mirren Squad lists
The 39-year-old coach of the home team, Stuart Kettlewell, will select the lineup against St. Mirren from this squad:
- Aston Oxborough (13), Liam Kelly (1), Matty Connelly (31), Arran Bone, Bevis Mugabi (5), Brannan McDermott, Calum Butcher (66), Dan Casey (15), Ewan Wilson (23), Pape Ndiaye Souare (77), Paul McGinn (16), Stephen O’Donnell (2), Blair Spittal (7), Brodie Spencer (22), Callum Slattery (8), Davor Zdravkovski (17), Georgie Gent, Harry Paton (12), Lennon Miller (38), Nathan McGinley (19), Shane Blaney (20), Conor Wilkinson (99), Dylan Mackin, Jonathan Obika (9), Joseph Efford (11), Mika Biereth (24), Oliver Shaw, Thelonius Bair (14).
St. Mirren Squad
Here is the full squad of the away team. The 48 year-old St. Mirren manager Robinson will select his starting XI from these players:
- Peter Urminsky (27), Zachary Hemming (1), Alexandros Gogic (13), Charles Dunne (18), James Bolton (2), Marcus Fraser (22), Mark O’Hara (6), Richard Taylor (5), Ryan Strain (23), Scott Tanser (3), Thierry Small, Conor McMenamin (10), Greg Kiltie (11), Keanu Baccus (17), Ryan Flynn (8), Alex Greive (21), Caolan Boyd-Munce (15), Jonah Ayunga (7), Lewis Jamieson (24), Mikael Mandron (9), Stav Nachmani (19), Toyosi Olusanya (20).
Motherwell vs St. Mirren Lineups
Motherwell vs St. Mirren Preview
Motherwell are enjoying their football currently with three wins on the bounce, and it began with a 2-1 win against Hibernian. They went on to beat Kilmarnock by 2-1, before also getting the better of Hearts in a 0-1 victory. Qualification for an international tournament is the ideal scenario Motherwell hope to accomplish by the end of the season, but everything needs to click for this to happen. Motherwell won five of their last six Premiership matches at Fir Park, scoring 11 and conceding six along the way. They lost once but didn’t draw a single match.
In their previous three outings, St. Mirren won by 2-1 against Dundee FC, drew 2-2 with Aberdeen, before also drawing 1-1 against Livingston. Motherwell go into the season with the clear aim of a top half finish, perhaps even contesting for a place in an international competition. St. Mirren claimed just one win from the last six away games in the Premiership. They also drew two and were defeated three times, as they were outscored by 15 goals to nine.
Motherwell vs St. Mirren H2H
Motherwell lost just once in 9 recent matches against St. Mirren. Motherwell beat St. Mirren by 2-1 in their most recent match, while St. Mirren claimed a 1-0 win in the match prior to that. Motherwell have a 40% win rate in the against St. Mirren, who won two of these matches. The total record reads 4-4-2, which is worth keeping in mind before you make a choice for your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
Current Premiership standings
Motherwell are two in the rankings with ten points after four matches played , whereas St. Mirren rank three in the Premiership on eight points. Having played four games so far this campaign, Motherwell rank as number 2 in the Premiership table. They have gathered ten points so far, two points more than to St. Mirren, who find themselves as number 3 on eight points.
Full Time Betting
Motherwell claimed all three points eight times in their last 10 home matches across all tournaments, while also drawing zero along the way. They endured defeat in two of the games in this run. St. Mirren won four of their last 10 games away, while drawing three and losing three in this series of matches. One might consider a punt on Motherwell to draw first blood this coming Saturday against St. Mirren. The home side scored the first goal of the game in nine of their last 10 home matches. Their visitors scored the first goal in three of their last 10 away games.
Both Teams to Score
The most recent meeting between the two sides ended in a 2-1 triumph for Motherwell, who are looking to stay on top on Saturday at Fir Park. No doubt, St. Mirren are planning a comeback, though. Both teams scored five times in the previous ten matches between home side Motherwell and St. Mirren. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.95. Motherwell scored at least once in 6 of their 7 most recent encounters in the Premiership against St. Mirren. In the past ten matches between home side Motherwell and St. Mirren both teams found the back of the net five times. Best priced odds on both teams to score with the bookies are at 1.95.
Less than 2.5 goals came out three times in the past ten encounters between these two while both teams not to score was a winning bet five times. Motherwell managed an average of 1.2 goals, with St. Mirren averaging 0.9 goals. Over 2.5 goals was a winning bet in five of Motherwell’s past ten matches across all tournaments. They scored 1.5 goals on average along the way. Over 2.5 goals came up in five of St. Mirren’s previous ten matches across all tournaments. They managed to score an average of 1.8 goals in these matches.