Motherwell vs Ross County – Predictions and Free Bets
Last Updated: May 19, 2023
Ross County hope to close the gap a little on Premiership leaders Motherwell, when they face off Fir Park in a round 36 match on Saturday.
Motherwell vs Ross County Stats
- Motherwell have scored in the last 13 matches in a row
- Motherwell have scored in 11 of the last 12 home matches
- In 9 of the last 11 Motherwell matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 7 of the last 8 Motherwell home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Motherwell have not lost 9 of the last 11 matches
- In 6 of the last 8 away matches Ross County played, both teams scored
- Ross County have not won 9 of the last 11 away matches
- Ross County have conceded in 9 of the last 11 away matches
- Ross County have scored in 7 of the last 8 away matches
- Ross County have lost 5 of the last 7 away matches
Motherwell vs Ross County Squad lists
Stuart Kettlewell will choose the starting lineup for the upcoming game against Ross County from the following players:
- Liam Kelly, Sean Goss, Paul McGinn, Blair Spittal, Kevin van Veen, Callum Slattery, Ricki Lamie, Dean Cornelius, Max Johnston, James Furlong, Calum Butcher, Dan Casey, Stephen O’Donnell, Stuart McKinstry, Jonathan Obika, Mikael Mandron, Joseph Efford, Ross Tierney, Bevis Mugabi, Josh Morris, Oliver Crankshaw, Shane Blaney, Jack Aitchison, Jake Carroll, Harry Paton, Riku Danzaki, Louis Moult, Aston Oxborough, Sam Campbell, Lennon Miller, Nathan McGinley, Rolando Aarons, Dylan Mackin, Luca Ross, Mark Ferrie.
Ross County Squad
Here is the full team squad of Ross County. The 51 year-old Malky Mackay will select his starting lineup from the following players:
- Ross Laidlaw, Alex Iacovitti, Jordan White, George Harmon, Jack Baldwin, David Cancola, Connor Randall, Yan Dhanda, Jordan Tillson, Viktor Loturi, Ross Callachan, Keith Watson, Owura Edwards, Ben Purrington, Nohan Kenneh, Jordy Hiwula-Mayifuila, Josh Sims, Eamonn Brophy, Dylan Smith, Gwion Edwards, Simon Murray, Ben Paton, Dominic Samuel, Alex Samuel, Ross Munro, Jamie Williamson, Zach MacPhee, Andrew MacLeod, George Robesten, Josh Stones.
Motherwell vs Ross County Lineups
Motherwell vs Ross County Preview
Motherwell should be high on confidence, as their last three matches saw them gain seven points. They started off drawing 1-1 with Celtic, before beating first Kilmarnock by 2-0, then St. Johnstone in a 0-2 win. In their last six Premiership home matches, Motherwell have four wins, no draws and two defeats. They scored 12 and conceded seven goals. Motherwell have been unable to turn the Fir Park into a fortress this season. They are one of the worst home teams in the Premiership with a dismal 18 points and just five win. They scored 22 and allowed 26 goals against.
In their last three matches, Ross County lost against Hearts by 6-1, beat Livingston by 2-0 winning 1-3 against Dundee United. In their last six away matches in the Premiership, Ross County won twice, while also recording zero draws. They endured four defeats in this run, with a scoreline from these matches saying 12 goals conceded and eight scored. Ross County proved themselves generous visitors in the Premiership this season, as they conceded an astonishing 26 goals so far. This leaves them with the worst defensive record of all teams from their away matches.
Motherwell vs Ross County H2H
The last time the pair played each other, Motherwell came out the other side as 0-2 winners and surely won’t mind a repeat of that result. Motherwell usually enjoy playing Ross County, claiming six wins in the last ten encounters. The bookies best betting odds on a home win are at 2.10.
Current Premiership standings
Motherwell enjoy the view from the top of the table with 43 points after 35 matches. Ross County find themselves positioned as number 5 in the Premiership with 33 points following 35 rounds.
Full Time Betting
Fir Park saw four wins for Motherwell in their last 10 here across all tournaments. They also drew two and lost four, while Ross County won two of their 10 most recent outings on their travels, whilst drawing three and losing five. Goals should be on the menu at Fir Park, with both teams scoring in six of the last 10 matches at home for Motherwell. The same outcome paid dividends in five of the last 10 away games for Ross County.
Both Teams to Score
The last time these two sides facing off here came up against each other, Motherwell came away with a 0-2 win. Rest assured they have a similar outcome in mind at Fir Park. Both teams found the back of the net five times in the past ten matches between home side Motherwell and Ross County. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.80. Motherwell scored at least once in 9 of their 10 most recent encounters in the Premiership against Ross County. Both teams found the back of the net five times in the last ten matches between Motherwell and Ross County.
Both teams to score was a winning bet five times in the ten encounters most recent outings between Motherwell and Ross County. More than two goals came out six times, as Motherwell scored 1.9 goals on average, with Ross County pulling off 0.9 goals on average. Over 2.5 goals happened in four of Motherwell’s last ten matches across all tournaments. They scored an average of 1.9 goals along the way. Over 2.5 goals appeared in four of the last ten matches that Ross County played across all tournaments. They scored 1.3 times on average in the process.