Last Updated: May 27, 2023
Dundee United meet Motherwell this coming Sunday in this round 38 of Premiership season. Both still have a lot at stake from their different positions in the table, as the former aims for Europe next season.
Motherwell vs Dundee United Stats
- Motherwell have scored in the last 15 matches in a row
- In 11 of the last 13 Motherwell matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Motherwell have not lost 11 of the last 13 matches
- Motherwell have scored in 12 of the last 13 home matches
- Motherwell have won 3 of the last 4 matches without conceding a goal
- Dundee United have conceded in 26 of the last 28 away matches
- Dundee United have not won 15 of the last 17 away matches
- Dundee United have conceded in 18 of the last 20 matches
- Dundee United have lost the last 4 matches in a row while scoring less than 1.5 goals
- In 9 of the last 10 Dundee United matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
Motherwell vs Dundee United Squad lists
Kettlewell will select the starting XI for the upcoming match against Dundee United from the players listed below:
- Kelly, Goss, McGinn, Spittal, van Veen, Slattery, Lamie, Cornelius, Furlong, Butcher, Johnston, O’Donnell, Casey, McKinstry, Mandron, Obika, Efford, Tierney, Mugabi, Morris, Blaney, Paton, Crankshaw, Aitchison, Carroll, Danzaki, Moult, Oxborough, Campbell, Miller, McGinley, Aarons, Mackin, Ross, Ferrie.
Dundee United Squad
Here is the full squad of the away team. The 41 year-old Dundee United manager Goodwin will select his starting XI from these players:
- Arnaud Djoum, Aziz Behich, Charlie Mulgrew, Craig Sibbald, Dylan Levitt, Glenn Middleton, Greg Petrie, Ian Harkes, Ilmari Niskanen, Jack Newman, Jamie McGrath, Kai Fotheringham, Kieran Freeman, Liam Smith, Loick Ayina, Mark Romano Birighitti, Mathew Anim Cudjoe, Miller Thomson, Peter Pawlett, Rory MacLeod, Ross Graham, Ryan Edwards, Sadat Anaku, Samuel Cleall-Harding, Scott McMann, Steven Fletcher.
Motherwell vs Dundee United Lineups
Motherwell vs Dundee United Preview
Motherwell look well suited to take on any opponent presently, as their last 3 matches saw them gain 7 points. They ran out 0-2 and 1-0 against St. Johnstone and Ross County respectively. Their winning streak came to an end against Livingston, who claimed a point in a 1-1 draw. Motherwell managed a strong return of four wins from their previous six matches on home soil in the Premiership. They drew none though, while losing twice in this series. They scored 11 goals and conceded six times. Motherwell firing away with 23 goals so far this season at home, making them the most scoring home team in the Premiership. They also conceded 26 goals.
Dundee United endured a tough spell in their last three matches, from which they have nothing to show. They were beaten 1-3 by Ross County, before Livingston ran out 2-1 winners. A third defeat on the trot followed against Kilmarnock, who came out 0-3 winners. In their last six Premiership away matches, Dundee United failed to win more than once. In stead, they’ve drawn one and lost four, scoring four while also conceding 11 times. Dundee United are among the 1 worst away teams in the Premiership, with a gloomy 11 points collected on their travels. They managed to score 15 times, while also conceding 32.
Motherwell vs Dundee United H2H
Dundee United ended up winning 1-2 in the most recent meeting between these two rivals. Rest assured they have a similar outcome in mind at Fir Park. Despite a 2-1 win to Dundee United in their recent match, the last ten encounters have seen the two teams equally paired with Motherwell winning three and Dundee United taking four wins. The bookies best betting odds on an away win at full-time are at 3.80.
Current Premiership standings
Motherwell enjoy the view from the top of the table with 47 points after 37 matches. Dundee United find themselves positioned as number 6 in the Premiership with 31 points following 37 rounds.
Full Time Betting
Fir Park witnessed Motherwell winning five times in their last 10 matches here, whilst drawing one and losing four as well. Dundee United claimed two wins, two draw and six defeats in their last 10 games away. Keep an eye out for both teams not to score at Fir Park, as BTTS only came out five times in the previous 10 Premiership matches here for Motherwell. Both teams scored in five of the previous 10 away games for Dundee United.
Both Teams to Score
Motherwell lost to 1-2 Dundee United in their last encounter. This served as payback for the 1-0 win, which Motherwell dished out the match before that. Both teams found the back of the net five times in the past ten matches between home side Motherwell and Dundee United. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.75. Both teams to score paid out five times in the previous ten matches between home side Motherwell and Dundee United. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.75.
Less than 2.5 goals came out four times in the past ten encounters between these two while both teams not to score was a winning bet five times. Motherwell managed an average of 0.9 goals, with Dundee United averaging 1.1 goals. Over 2.5 goals happened in four of Motherwell’s last ten matches across all tournaments. They pulled off an average of 1.8 goals during this run. Over 2.5 goals came up in five of Dundee United’s previous ten matches across all tournaments. They managed to score an average of one goal in these matches.