Last Updated: September 29, 2023
League leaders Celtic look to widen the gap on the followers, when going up against Motherwellon Saturday. Defending their position at the top is of high priority, but Motherwell are fighting for a place inside the top four, when they meet at Fir Park.
Motherwell vs Celtic Stats
- In 13 of the last 15 Motherwell home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Motherwell have scored in 17 of the last 19 home matches
- In the last 8 Motherwell matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Motherwell have won 7 of the last 8 home matches
- Motherwell have not lost 7 of the last 8 home matches
- Celtic have won 3 of the last 4 matches without conceding a goal
- In the last 6 Celtic matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Celtic have not lost 9 of the last 11 matches
- In the last 4 Celtic away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Celtic have scored in 8 of the last 10 away matches
Motherwell vs Celtic Squad lists
The 39-year-old coach of the home team, Stuart Kettlewell, will select the lineup against Celtic from this squad:
- Aston Oxborough (13), Liam Kelly (1), Matty Connelly (31), Arran Bone, Bevis Mugabi (5), Brannan McDermott, Calum Butcher (66), Dan Casey (15), Ewan Wilson (23), Pape Ndiaye Souare (77), Paul McGinn (16), Stephen O’Donnell (2), Blair Spittal (7), Brodie Spencer (22), Callum Slattery (8), Davor Zdravkovski (17), Georgie Gent, Harry Paton (12), Lennon Miller (38), Nathan McGinley (19), Shane Blaney (20), Conor Wilkinson (99), Dylan Mackin, Jonathan Obika (9), Joseph Efford (11), Mika Biereth (24), Oliver Shaw, Thelonius Bair (14).
Here is the full team squad of Celtic. The 50 year-old Brendan Rodgers will select his starting lineup from the following players:
- Benjamin Siegrist (31), Joe Hart (1), Joe Morrison (43), Scott Bain (29), Alexandro Bernabei (25), Alistair Johnston (2), Anthony Ralston (56), Cameron Carter-Vickers (20), Gustaf Lagerbielke (4), Maik Nawrocki (17), Nathaniel Phillips (6), Stephen Welsh (57), Yuki Kobayashi (18), Callum McGregor (42), David Turnbull (14), Greg Taylor (3), Hyeok-Kyu Kwon (22), James Forrest (49), James McCarthy (16), Liam Scales (5), Luis Palma (7), Matthew O’Riley (33), Odin Thiago Holm (15), Paulo Bernardo (28), Reo Hatate (41), Daizen Maeda (38), Hyun-Gyu Oh (19), Hyun-Jun Yang (13), Kyogo Furuhashi (8), Liel Abada (11), Marco Tilio (23), Michael Johnston (90), Tomoki Iwata (24).
Motherwell vs Celtic Lineups
Motherwell vs Celtic Preview
Motherwell managed one win in the last three matches, which was a 0-1 victory against Hearts. They went on to lose 0-1 against St. Mirren, before getting dumped in a 1-0 defeat against Rangers. Celtic will have their sight set on grabbing the trophy, while a place in the top two look a likely prospect before the Premiership gets rolling. Motherwell have been in potent form at Fir Park, winning no less than five of the past six Premiership matches here. They also hammered in ten goals, while letting in five as they also lost once. No team won as many matches on home soil than Motherwell did so far in the Premiership this season. A total of two matches at the Fir Park finished with a home win.
Their past three matches saw Celtic beating Dundee FC 3-0, losing 2-0 against Feyenoord, and beating Livingston by 0-3. Anything lower than at least a second place finish would probably be considered a disappointment for Celtic, as they look to build a title challenge. In their last six Premiership away matches, Celtic won a very acceptable four times. They’ve also drawn none and lost twice, scoring 11 while also conceding eight times. Celtic have been prolific goalscorers in the Premiership, not least away from home. Until now, they have been on target seven times, making them the most scoring away side, while also letting in one goals.
Motherwell vs Celtic H2H
Motherwell are winless in their 24 most recent meetings with Celtic. Motherwell and Celtic settled for a point in a 1-1 draw, when last faced with each other. The best betting odds on a another draw at full-time with the bookies are at 5.50. Celtic won an impressive nine wins in ten matches against Motherwell, and the bookies have Celtic up for another win at best price odds of 1.30.
Current Premiership standings
Motherwell rank four with ten points to their name from six matches, while visitors Celtic rank one in the table on 16 points.
Full Time Betting
Motherwell claimed all three points eight times in their last 10 home matches across all tournaments, while also drawing zero along the way. They endured defeat in two of the games in this run. Celtic won five of their last 10 games away, while drawing one and losing four in this series of matches. Celtic racked up three win from their last 10 possible away games without conceding a goal.
Both Teams to Score
The most recent outing between Motherwell and Celtic ended up a 1-1 draw. The best betting odds on a draw at full-time with the bookies are at 5.50. Both teams scored five times in the previous ten matches between home side Motherwell and Celtic. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.95. Celtic scored at least once in their last 16 Premiership matches against Motherwell. The past ten matches between Motherwell and Celtic have largely been entertaining affairs. Over 2.5 goals came out a winning bet seven times in these encounters. It seems only natural to look for goals this coming Saturday. Over 2.5 goals is best priced at odds of 1.57 with the bookies.
Both teams scored five times in the last ten encounters between Motherwell and Celtic, while over 2.5 goals came out seven times. Motherwell scored 0.5 goals on average, while Celtic pulled 2.7 goals on average. Over 2.5 goals came out four times in the previous ten matches across all tournaments for Motherwell, who scored an average of 1.3 goals along the way. Over 2.5 goals came up in five of Celtic’s previous ten matches across all tournaments. They managed to score an average of 1.8 goals in these matches.