Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: April 15, 2023
The spotlight is on both Millwall and Preston, as the Championship rivals go looking to boost their points tally. They face each other this coming Saturday in the at The Den.
Millwall vs Preston Stats
- In 18 of the last 20 Millwall home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In the last 4 Millwall matches the sum of goals was under 1.5
- In the last 6 Millwall matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In the last 4 Millwall matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- In 5 of the last 7 home matches Millwall played, both teams scored
- In 13 of the last 15 Preston matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Preston have not lost 10 of the last 11 matches
- In 8 of the last 9 Preston away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Preston have won 5 of the last 6 matches while scoring more than 1.5 goals
- Preston have won 5 of the last 6 matches
Millwall vs Preston Squad lists
The 49-year-old coach of the home team, Gary Rowett, will select the lineup against Preston from this squad:
- Jake Cooper, Dan McNamara, Murray Wallace, Zian Flemming, Tom Bradshaw, George Long, George Saville, Billy Mitchell, George Honeyman, Charlie Cresswell, Andreas Voglsammer, Shaun Hutchinson, Jamie Shackleton, Scott Malone, Bartosz Bialkowski, Ryan Leonard, Callum Styles, Tyler Burey, Mason Bennett, Oliver Burke, Duncan Watmore, Connal Trueman, Ryan Sandford, Aidomo Emakhu, George Evans, Romain Esse, Seb Drozd.
Here is the full team squad of Preston. The 44 year-old Ryan Lowe will select his starting lineup from the following players:
- Woodman, Storey, Lindsay, Whiteman, Potts, Browne, Fernandez, Brady, Hughes, Johnson, Ledson, Cunningham, McCann, Jakobsen, Parrott, Evans, Cannon, Woodburn, Diaby, Delap, Bauer, Onomah, Cornell, Pradic, Slater, Coulton, Olosunde, Leigh, Mawene, Cross-Adair.
Millwall vs Preston Lineups
Millwall vs Preston Preview
It is neither good nor disastrous for Millwall with just two points from their last three matches. They first drew 0-0 against West Bromwich, followed by another draw. This time 0-0 against Luton, before going down in a 1-0 defeat against Hull. Millwall claimed a modest two wins in their past six home matches in the Championship. They also drew two and lost two, scored eight goals and conceded eight.
Preston are in awesome shape going into this next encounter, as they won their last three matches on the bounce. Blackpool got left behind in a 3-1 win, before Queens P.R. got hammered in a 0-2 victory. Reading was the most recent victim in a 2-1 win for Preston. Preston, meanwhile, won twice, while they’ve drawn two and lost two in their last six away in the Championship.
Millwall vs Preston H2H
Preston came through their last 7 matches against Millwall without a single win. Millwall ended up winning 2-4 in the most recent meeting between these two rivals. Rest assured they have a similar outcome in mind at The Den. Millwall seem to have a great read on Preston, winning five times of the previous ten matches in the Championship. The bookies best betting odds on a home win are at 1.95.
Current Championship standings
Full Time Betting
Millwall claimed all three points three times in their last 10 home matches across all tournaments, while also drawing four along the way. They endured defeat in three of the games in this run. Preston won five of their last 10 games away, while drawing two and losing three in this series of matches. Millwall scored the opening goal five times of a possible 10 at The Den, while Preston did likewise in five of their 10 most recent away games.
Both Teams to Score
The last time these two sides facing off here came up against each other, Millwall came away with a 2-4 win. Rest assured they have a similar outcome in mind at The Den. Both teams found the back of the net six times in the past ten matches between home side Millwall and Preston. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 2.20. Millwall scored at least once in 9 of their 10 most recent encounters in the Championship against Preston. Both teams found the back of the net six times in the past ten matches between home side Millwall and Preston. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 2.20.
Over 2.5 goals came up four times in the previous ten encounters between Millwall and Preston, as Millwall scored 1.5 goals on average per game and Preston averaging 1.1 goals. Both teams scored in six times of these matches. Over 2.5 goals happened in three of Millwall’s last ten matches across all tournaments. They pulled off an average of 0.9 goals during this run. Over 2.5 goals happened in five of the last ten outings for Preston, who managed to score 1.3 times in those matches.