Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: March 14, 2023
Middlesbrough welcome Stoke for a clah in the Championship at Riverside Stadium on Tuesday.
Middlesbrough vs Stoke Stats
- Middlesbrough have scored in 19 of the last 21 matches
- Middlesbrough have won 4 of the last 5 home matches without conceding a goal
- Middlesbrough have won 5 of the last 6 matches while scoring more than 2.5 goals
- Middlesbrough have won the last 3 home matches in a row while scoring more than 2.5 goals
- Middlesbrough have scored in 15 of the last 17 home matches
- In 6 of the last 8 Stoke away matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Stoke have conceded in 8 of the last 9 away matches
- Stoke have conceded in the last 6 matches in a row
- Stoke have scored in 6 of the last 8 away matches
Middlesbrough vs Stoke Squad lists
Michael Carrick will choose the starting lineup for the upcoming game against Stoke from the following players:
- Roberts, Daniels, Steffen, Fry, Bola, Clarke, McNair, Smith, Ramsey, Damia, Mowatt, Dijksteel, Barlaser, Fisher, Lenihan, Hackney, Howson, Dijksteel, Crooks, McGree, Giles, Walker, Archer, Akpom, Stuani, Jones, Forss, Muniz.
Listed below is the full squad of Stoke players that the manager Alex Neil will choose from for the upcoming game:
- Axel Tuanzebe, Ben Pearson, Ben Wilmot, Bersant Celina, Connor Taylor, Dujon Sterling, Dwight Gayle, Emre Tezgel, Frank Fielding, Gabriel Adebambo, Jack Bonham, Jacob Brown, Jordan Thompson, Josh Laurent, Josh Tymon, Ki-Jana Hoever, Lewis Baker, Matija Sarkic, Morgan Fox, Nick Powell, Phil Jagielka, Sam Clucas, Thibaud Verlinden, Tyrese Campbell, William Smallbone.
Middlesbrough vs Stoke Lineups
Middlesbrough vs Stoke Preview
Middlesbrough look back on their last three matches with six points to show for their efforts. Against West Bromwich, they were left empty-handed in a 2-0 defeat, but they avenged themselves by beating Reading in a 5-0 win. They followed that up with a 1-3 win against Swansea in their most recent outing. Middlesbrough have been nothing short of fabulous at their home ground in the six most recent Championship matches here. They quite simply claimed a maximum 18 points, scoring 18 while conceding two goals. Naturally, this is the best points total in the Championship across the last six games. Middlesbrough are among the three top scoring teams on home soil this season in the Championship. They so far banged in 31 goals, while also giving away 13 goals.
Stoke look back on their last three matches with six points to show for their efforts. Against Brighton, they were left empty-handed in a 0-1 defeat, but they bounced back by beating Sunderland in a 1-5 win. They followed that up with a 3-2 win against Blackburn in their most recent outing. Stoke won twice, while also recording one draw, and three defeats in their last six away matches in the Championship. The scoreline from these matches says nine goals conceded and 11 scored.
Middlesbrough vs Stoke H2H
Stoke claimed just a single win from a possible 9 against Middlesbrough. Neither Middlesbrough nor Stoke managed a breakthrough, when they last faced each other. They ended up settling for a point in a 2-2 draw, and the best betting odds on a draw at full-time with the bookies are at 3.60. Middlesbrough enter the match against Stoke with a 5-3-1 record in their previous nine encounters. A win rate of 56%, which is perhaps worth keeping in mind before you make a choice for your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
Current Championship standings
Middlesbrough approach the next Championship round as number 3 in the table, having claimed 63 points this season so far. With 36 games behind them, Stoke amassed 46 points, placing them as number 14 before their next fixture.
Full Time Betting
Middlesbrough claimed seven wins, drew two and lost one of their last 10 home games across all tournaments. Stoke won five, drew one and lost four of their last 10 games away. Middlesbrough claimed a clean sheet in five of their 10 most recent matches on home soil. They hope to do so again on Tuesday, when Stoke come visiting on the back of two clean sheets in their last 10 away games.
Both Teams to Score
The most recent outing between Middlesbrough and Stoke failed to produce a winner, with the score reading 2-2 after the final whistle. The best betting odds on a draw at full-time with the bookies are at 3.60. At least one team managed to keep a clean sheet six times in the last nine matches between Stoke and Middlesbrough. Odds on both teams not to score are best priced at 1.83 with the bookies. Both teams found the back of the net three times in the last nine matches between Middlesbrough and Stoke.
In the last nine encounters between Middlesbrough and Stoke over 2.5 goals came out four times, as Middlesbrough averaged 1.43 goals a game. Stoke scored an average of 0.55 goals in these, while both teams scored three times. Over 2.5 goals came out six times in the previous ten matches across all tournaments for Middlesbrough, who scored an average of 2.3 goals along the way. Over 2.5 goals came up in five of Stoke’s previous ten matches across all tournaments. They managed to score an average of 1.7 goals in these matches.