Last Updated: March 10, 2023
A quick peek at the odds suggests anything but a win for Benfica will come as a surprise when they take on Maritimo at Estadio do Maritimo this coming Sunday in the Liga.
With 5 defeats in the last 6 matches across all tournaments, the situation at Maritimo could probably be a lot better. They need to improve their game or prepare for more disappointment as they face Benfica at home.
How to Live Stream Maritimo vs Benfica on Sunday
Bet365* provides its account members live streaming access to various Liga matches. Those interested in watching the live stream of Maritimo vs Benfica may use this service by following the straightforward instructions below.
Bet365 offers live game coverage
Click here to sign up and watch the game at Bet365.
‘Join now’ and enter details.Log in and fund your account.Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.* Geo-restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware.
How to Live Stream Maritimo vs Benfica on TV
UK: BT Sport, FreeSports and Premier Sports
Maritimo vs Benfica Team Stats
- In 18 of the last 19 Maritimo home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 15 of the last 17 Maritimo matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Maritimo have lost 5 of the last 6 matches while scoring less than 1.5 goals
- Maritimo have conceded in 12 of the last 14 matches
- Maritimo have lost 5 of the last 6 matches
- Benfica have not lost 27 of the last 29 away matches
- Benfica have scored in 34 of the last 36 away matches
- Benfica have won 6 of the last 7 away matches without conceding a goal
- Benfica have won 7 of the last 9 matches without conceding a goal
- Benfica have scored in 26 of the last 28 matches
Maritimo vs Benfica Squad lists
The 52-year-old Gomes will select the starting eleven against Benfica from these players:
- Pereira, Makaridze, Carne, Trmal (59), Teixeira (96), Winck (2), China (45), Gomes (85), Cardoso (25), Diogo (2), Mosquera (3), Paulinho (27), Brito (6), Andrade (88), Vitor (94), Junior (5), Teles (44), Vidigal (7), Mendes (16), Afonso (21), Vega (34), Costa (4), Rene, Valdemir, Xadas (23), Riascos, Eduardo, Liza (29), Costa (12), Correia, Catamo (57), Ramirez (11), Pereira, Moreno (9), Beltrame (10).
Here is the full squad of the away team. The 55 year-old Benfica manager Schmidt will select his starting XI from these players:
- Gomes (75), Vlachodimos (99), Soares (24), Grimaldo (3), Bah (6), Silva (66), Junior (2), Verissimo (4), Ristic (23), Morato (91), Otamendi (30), Schjelderup (21), Chiquinho (22), Luis (61), Aursnes (8), Mario (20), Neves (87), Draxler (93), Silva (27), Tengstedt (19), Neres (7), Guedes (15), Ramos (88), Musa (33).
Maritimo vs Benfica Lineups
Maritimo vs Benfica Match Preview
In their previous three games, Maritimo lost 2-1 against Portimonense, beat Santa Clara 3-1, before losing 2-0 against Gil Vicente. Maritimo won three of their previous six matches at Estadio do Maritimo in the Liga. They drew one and suffered two defeats, scoring six goals to five against. Maritimo are among the three least scoring home sides in the Liga so far. They managed a mediocre ten goals at Estadio do Maritimo, while also conceding 13.
Benfica look fabulous with three wins on the trot, starting off against Vizela, who were defeated by 0-2. Then, Famalicao got outclassed in a 2-0 win, before beating Club Bruges by 5-1. They were able to stay clear of relegation last season, and Benfica now aim to climb the rankings to a more secure finish this term. Benfica have been outstanding on their travels lately, winning five of their previous six away matches in the Liga. They saw no draws but lost once, while scoring 15 and conceding four goals. No team won as many matches when playing away than Benfica did so far in the Liga this season. A total of nine matches was won on away soil.
Maritimo vs Benfica H2H
Benfica won their last 5 matches against Maritimo. Not only did Benfica win their latest meetings with Maritimo, they also did it without conceding. A 5-0 win in September 2022 was followed by a 1-0 win in April 2022. Benfica are currently enjoying a great run against Maritimo, against whom they have a 9-0-1 advantage. They should be eagerly awaiting this away trip to Estadio do Maritimo. The bookies have Benfica to win this match at best price odds of 1.25. Benfica scored at least once in their last 5 Liga matches against Maritimo. Both teams found the back of the net two times in the last ten matches between Maritimo and Benfica.
Benfica have taken the lead in the Liga after collecting 62 points from their initial 23 encounters. Maritimo trail them by 16 points after 23 rounds, leaving them as number 16 in the table.
Maritimo vs Benfica Betting & Odds
Here are the odds for Maritimo vs Benfica as provided by bet365 at the time of publishing the article. For the list of latest odds for the match visit bet365.com.
Match odds: Maritimo (9.00) | Draw (6.50) | Benfica (1.25)
Over/Under goals (O/U): Under 2.5 (2.20) | Over 2.5 (1.65)
Both Teams To Score (O/U): BTTS No (1.57) | BTTS Yes (2.25)
Full Time Betting
Estadio do Maritimo saw Maritimo winning three, drawing two and losing five of their 10 most recent games here across all tournaments. Benfica won seven of their 10 most recent away games, drew one and lost two. Benfica won six times without conceding a goal in their 10 most recent outings away from home. A number worth bearing in mind for an accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
Both Teams to Score
Betting on Benfica winning to nil in their latest meetings with Maritimo would have been a sound choice. They ended up winning 5-0 in September 2022 and 1-0 in April 2022, respectively. Benfica scored at least once in their last 5 Liga matches against Maritimo. Of the last ten encounters between Maritimo Benfica over 2.5 goals came out four times. Odds on over 2.5 goals are at 1.65 with bookies.
Over 2.5 goals came up six times in the previous ten encounters between Maritimo and Benfica, as Maritimo scored 0.4 goals on average per game and Benfica averaging 3.2 goals. Both teams scored in two times of these matches. Over 2.5 goals was a winning bet in five of Maritimo’s past ten matches across all tournaments. They scored 0.9 goals on average along the way. Over 2.5 goals came up in six of Benfica’s previous ten matches across all tournaments. They managed to score an average of three goals in these matches.