Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: April 29, 2023
Manchester United go up against Aston Villa at Old Trafford on Sunday in a thrilling Premier League match.
Manchester United vs Aston Villa Stats
- Manchester United have not lost the last 26 home matches in a row
- Manchester United have scored in 23 of the last 24 home matches
- Manchester United have won 8 of the last 10 home matches
- Manchester United have not lost 9 of the last 11 matches
- Manchester United have scored in 7 of the last 9 matches
- Aston Villa have scored in the last 19 matches in a row
- In the last 10 Aston Villa matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Aston Villa have not lost the last 10 matches in a row
- Aston Villa have scored in the last 12 away matches in a row
- Aston Villa have won 5 of the last 7 matches without conceding a goal
Manchester United vs Aston Villa Squad lists
Manchester United Squad
The 53-year-old manager of Manchester United, Erik ten Hag, will select the lineup against Aston Villa from the players listed below:
- De Gea, Fernandes, Rashford, Martinez, Shaw, Dalot, Eriksen, Varane, Antony, Casemiro, Sancho, Wan-Bissaka, Malacia, Fred, McTominay, Weghorst, Maguire, Lindelof, Martial, Sabitzer, Elanga, Garnacho, van de Beek, Butland, Heaton, Williams, Jones, Pellistri, Mainoo, Greenwood.
Aston Villa Squad
Listed below is the full squad of Aston Villa players that the manager Unai Emery will choose from for the upcoming game:
- Alex Moreno, Ashley Young, Bertrand Traore, Boubacar Kamara, Calum Chambers, Diego Carlos, Douglas Luiz, Emiliano Buendia, Emiliano Martinez, Ezri Konsa, Jacob Ramsey, Jed Steer, Jhon Duran, John McGinn, Leander Dendoncker, Leon Bailey, Lucas Digne, Matty Cash, Oliwier Zych, Ollie Watkins, Philippe Coutinho, Robin Olsen, Tyrone Mings, Viljami Sinisalo.
Manchester United vs Aston Villa Lineups
Manchester United vs Aston Villa Preview
Manchester United claimed two points in their previous three matches, where they lost 3-0 against Sevilla. They took a point in a0-0 draw with Brighton, before also drawing 2-2 with Tottenham. In their last six Premier League home matches, Manchester United have four wins, while they’ve drawn two and lost none. They scored ten and conceded three goals. Manchester United rank among the 3 best home sides this season in the Premier League so far, claiming 11 wins at Old Trafford. They scored 27 times along the way, whilst conceding eight goals.
Aston Villa look in good shape before their upcoming match as they seek to remain unbeaten. In their last three matches, they first beat Newcastle by 3-0, before drawing 1-1 with Brentford. They were back as winners last time out, when they took out Fulham by a 1-0 scoreline. Aston Villa managed a decent return of three wins in their last six Premier League away matches, in which they scored nine while also conceding six times. They also experienced two draws and one defeat.
Manchester United vs Aston Villa H2H
The Villans ran out 3-1 winners the last time these two rivals played each other and are definitely planning to claim three points again this coming Sunday. Manchester United tend to have the upper hand against Aston Villa, grabbing all three points six times in ten matches. The bookies best betting odds on a home win are at 1.73.
Current Premier League standings
Manchester United approach round 34 as number 4 in the Premier League table with 60 points on their account so far. With 31 rounds behind them, Aston Villa have amassed 54 points, placing them as number 6 in the standings.
Full Time Betting
Manchester United won eight of their last 10 matches on home soil, drew two and lost none. Aston Villa won six games, drew two and lost two in their last 10 away games across all tournaments. Of their previous 10 matches at Old Trafford, six had over 2.5 goals for Manchester United. In four of the previous 10 league games away for Aston Villa the match had over 2.5 goals.
Both Teams to Score
Aston Villa ended up winning 3-1 in the most recent meeting between these two rivals. Rest assured they have a similar outcome in mind at Old Trafford. Both teams scored six times in the previous ten matches between home side Manchester United and Aston Villa. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.61. Aston Villa scored at least once in their last 5 Premier League matches against Manchester United. Both teams found the back of the net six times in the last ten matches between Manchester United and Aston Villa.
There were more than three goals scored five times in the past ten encounters between Manchester United and Aston Villa, with the former averaging 1.8 goals a game. Aston Villa scored 1.1 goals per game, while both teams to score paid out six times in this run. Over 2.5 goals came out four times in the previous ten matches across all tournaments for Manchester United, who scored an average of 1.3 goals along the way. Over 2.5 goals appeared in three of the last ten matches that Aston Villa played across all tournaments. They scored 1.8 times on average in the process.