Manchester City vs Chelsea – Predictions and Free Bets
Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: May 21, 2023
Manchester City are highly favoured to claim a win against Chelsea, whom they face this coming Sunday. In their current shape, a win at Etihad Stadium seems to be the obvious outcome.
Manchester City vs Chelsea Stats
- Manchester City have won 34 of the last 36 home matches
- Manchester City have scored in the last 39 home matches in a row
- Manchester City have not lost 35 of the last 36 home matches
- Manchester City have not lost the last 22 matches in a row
- Manchester City have won the last 11 home matches in a row while scoring more than 1.5 goals
- Chelsea have conceded in 15 of the last 16 away matches
- Chelsea have not won 13 of the last 15 away matches
- Chelsea have not won 10 of the last 11 matches
- Chelsea have lost 6 of the last 8 matches while scoring less than 1.5 goals
- Chelsea have conceded in 11 of the last 12 matches
Manchester City vs Chelsea Squad lists
Manchester City Squad
Guardiola will select the starting XI for the upcoming match against Chelsea from the players listed below:
- Ederson, Scott Carson, Stefan Ortega, Aymeric Laporte, Benjamin Mendy, John Stones, Kyle Walker, Manuel Akanji, Nathan Ake, Rico Lewis, Ruben Dias, Sergio Gomez, Bernardo Silva, Cole Palmer, Ilkay Gundogan, Jack Grealish, Kalvin Phillips, Kevin De Bruyne, Maximo Perrone, Phil Foden, Rodri, Erling Haaland, Julian Alvarez, Riyad Mahrez.
Listed below is the full squad of Chelsea players that the manager Frank Lampard will choose from for the upcoming game:
- Mendy, Slonina, Arrizabalaga, Bettinelli, Chilwell, Badiashile, Azpilicueta, Koulibaly, Cucurella, James, Silva, Chalobah, Fofana, Chukwuemeka, Pulisic, Gallagher, Zakaria, Fernandez, Ziyech, Havertz, Hall, Mount, Kovacic, Mudryk, Kanté, Madueke, Loftus-Cheek, Broja, Fofana, Felix, Aubameyang, Sterling.
Manchester City vs Chelsea Lineups
Manchester City vs Chelsea Preview
Manchester City conquered seven points from their last three matches and started off drawing 1-1 with Real Madrid. Next up was a 0-3 win against Everton, before Real Madrid were defeated in 4-0 win. Manchester City took six wins in their last six Premier League matches on home soil, as they scored 18 and let in four goals. Manchester City firing away with 59 goals so far this season at home, making them the most scoring home team in the Premier League. They also conceded 17 goals.
In their last three matches, Chelsea lost 3-1 against Arsenal, won 1-3 against Bournemouth, and drew 2-2 with Nottingham Forest. Chelsea, meanwhile, won twice, while they’ve drawn one and lost three in their last six away in the Premier League.
Manchester City vs Chelsea H2H
In 6 of their previous 8 meetings, Manchester City came away as winner against Chelsea. Manchester City had an excellent reading on Chelsea, the last three times they faced each other in the Premier League. They won them all of them without conceding and the scoreboard reading 1-0, 1-0 and 1-0. No doubt, they are rubbing their hands at the prospect of their upcoming encounter. Manchester City beat Chelsea six times in the last ten meetings. Their latest meeting handed Manchester City a 1-0 win against their opponent on Sunday. The bookies best betting odds on a home win are at 1.25.
Current Premier League standings
Manchester City have taken the lead in the Premier League after collecting 85 points from their initial 35 encounters. Chelsea trail by 42 points after 35 rounds, leaving them as number 11 in the table on 43 points.
Full Time Betting
Manchester City claimed ten wins, drew zero and lost zero of their last 10 home games across all tournaments. Chelsea won two, drew two and lost six of their last 10 games away. Manchester City have seen eight of their previous 10 matches at Etihad Stadium offer over 2.5 goals. Of these 10 matches, five also went over 3.5 goals. In four of the last 10 league games away for Chelsea the match had over 2.5 goals. Over 3.5 goals came up three times.
Both Teams to Score
Manchester City won 1-0, followed up winning 1-0 before a third win by 1-0 secure total dominance in their last three matches against Chelsea. Both teams found the back of the net four times in the past ten matches between home side Manchester City and Chelsea. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 2.05. Manchester City scored at least once in 16 of their 17 most recent encounters in the Premier League against Chelsea. In the last ten matches between Manchester City and Chelsea over 2.5 goals came out five times. Odds on at least three goals are at 1.53 with bookies.
Both teams to score was a winning bet four times in the last ten encounters between Manchester City and Chelsea. There were over two goals five times, as Manchester City managed an average of 1.7 goals, while Chelsea scored 0.8 goals on average. Over 2.5 goals happened in eight of Manchester City’s last ten home matches across the tournaments. They scored an average of 2.6 goals in the process. Over 2.5 goals came up in four of Chelsea’s previous ten matches across all tournaments. They managed to score an average of 0.7 goals in these matches.