Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: April 1, 2023
Luton enjoy home advantage, when visitors Watford swing by on Saturday for a clash in the Championship. The former will be looking to make that home advantage count.
Luton vs Watford Stats
- Luton have won the last 3 matches in a row without conceding a goal
- Luton have scored in 19 of the last 21 matches
- Luton have not lost 15 of the last 17 home matches
- Luton have scored in 17 of the last 19 home matches
- Luton have won the last 3 matches in a row and the sum of goals was under 1.5
- In 11 of the last 13 Watford matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 11 of the last 13 Watford away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 8 of the last 10 Watford away matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- Watford have not won the last 6 away matches in a row
- Watford have not won 8 of the last 10 matches
Luton vs Watford Squad lists
Rob Edwards will choose the starting lineup for the upcoming game against Watford from the following players:
- Admiral Muskwe, Alfie Doughty, Allan Campbell, Amari’i Bell, Aribim Pepple, Axel Piesold, Carlton Morris, Casey Pettit, Cauley Woodrow, Cody Drameh, Daniel Potts, Elijah Adebayo, Elliot Thorpe, Ethan Horvath, Fred Onyedinma, Gabriel Osho, Henri Lansbury, Jack Walton, James Shea, Jayden Luker, Joe Taylor, Jordan Clark, Joseph Johnson, Joshua Williams, Louie Watson, Luke Berry, Luke Freeman, Marvelous Nakamba, Pelly-Ruddock Mpanzu, Reece Burke, Sonny Bradley, Tom Lockyer, Zack Nelson.
Below is the full team squad of Watford. The manager Wilder will pick his starting XI against Luton from these players:
- Hamer, Assombalonga, Kabasele, Cathcart, Gosling, Bachmann, Kayembe, Sierralta, Choudhury, Kamara, Araujo, Louza, Kone, Sarr, Morris, Ngakia, Ferreira, Pedro, Davis, Sema, Hause, Bacuna, Okoye, Gaspar, Martins, Porteous, Kalu, Cleverley, Dele-Bashiru, Hoedt, Asprilla.
Luton vs Watford Lineups
Luton vs Watford Preview
Luton look well suited to take on any opponent presently, as their last 3 matches saw them gain 7 points. They ran out 0-1 and 1-0 against Sheffield United and Bristol City respectively. Their winning streak came to an end against Sunderland, who claimed a point in a 1-1 draw. Luton won four of their last six Championship matches on home soil, while drawing once and losing once. They conceded three and scored six goals. No team played out as many draws on home soil than Luton did so far in the Championship this season. A total of eight matches at Kenilworth Road finished all square this season.
Watford have been all over in their last three matches across all tournaments. Against Queens P.R., they came out empty-handed in a 1-0 defeat, whereafter they avenged themselves in a 3-0 win against Birmingham. Their latest match saw them sharing the spoils in a 1-1 draw against Wigan. Watford claimed just one win from the last six away games in the Championship. They also drew two and were defeated three times, as they were outscored by seven goals to four.
Luton vs Watford H2H
Luton took a hit when Watford handed them a 4-0 defeat in their latest encounter. The former did win the reverse match though, as they secured three points to their name by claiming a 1-0 win. Luton claimed one win, while Watford picked up three wins in the previous six matches, while the rest had no winner. The bookies best betting odds on a draw at full-time are at 3.25.
Current Championship standings
Luton approach the next Championship round as number 4 in the table, having claimed 64 points this season so far. With 38 games behind them, Watford amassed 55 points, placing them as number 10 before their next fixture.
Full Time Betting
Luton claimed five wins, drew three and lost two of their previous 10 home matches across all tournaments. Watford won two, drew three and lost five of their last 10 games away. We probably shouldn’t expect too many goals at Kenilworth Road, since just three of the last 10 Championship matches here for Luton had over 2.5 goals. In three of the previous 10 league games away for Watford the match had over 2.5 goals.
Both Teams to Score
Luton claimed a 1-0 win, while Watford answered back with a 4-0 win in their two most recent meetings. In two of the previous five matches between Luton and Watford both teams scored.
Over 2.5 goals came up two times in the previous five encounters between Luton and Watford, as Luton scored 0.6 goals on average per game and Watford averaging 1.6 goals. Both teams scored in two times of these matches. Over 2.5 goals happened in two of Luton’s last ten matches across all tournaments. They pulled off an average of 0.9 goals during this run. Over 2.5 goals happened in three of the last ten outings for Watford, who managed to score 1.1 times in those matches.