Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: April 10, 2023
Luton are highly favoured to claim a win against Blackpool, whom they face on Monday. In their current shape, a win at Kenilworth Road seems to be the obvious outcome.
Luton vs Blackpool Stats
- Luton have scored in 20 of the last 22 matches
- Luton have not lost 15 of the last 17 home matches
- In 13 of the last 15 Luton matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 10 of the last 12 Luton matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- Luton have scored in 17 of the last 19 home matches
- Blackpool have not won the last 11 away matches in a row
- Blackpool have lost the last 7 away matches in a row while scoring less than 1.5 goals
- Blackpool have conceded in the last 13 away matches in a row
- In 15 of the last 17 Blackpool away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Blackpool have lost the last 7 away matches in a row
Luton vs Blackpool Squad lists
The 40-year-old coach of the home team, Rob Edwards, will select the lineup against Blackpool from this squad:
- Admiral Muskwe, Alfie Doughty, Allan Campbell, Amari’i Bell, Aribim Pepple, Axel Piesold, Carlton Morris, Casey Pettit, Cauley Woodrow, Cody Drameh, Daniel Potts, Elijah Adebayo, Elliot Thorpe, Ethan Horvath, Fred Onyedinma, Gabriel Osho, Henri Lansbury, Jack Walton, James Shea, Jayden Luker, Joe Taylor, Jordan Clark, Joseph Johnson, Joshua Williams, Louie Watson, Luke Berry, Luke Freeman, Marvelous Nakamba, Pelly-Ruddock Mpanzu, Reece Burke, Sonny Bradley, Tom Lockyer, Zack Nelson.
Below is the full team squad of Blackpool. The manager McCarthy will pick his starting XI against Luton from these players:
- Lyons, Lubala, Connolly, Goode, Patino, Maxwell, Hamilton, Nelson, Grimshaw, Thompson, Madine, Poveda, Beesley, Husband, Yates, Gabriel, Thorniley, Bowler, Dougall, Anderson, Stewart, Fiorini, Bridcutt, Garbutt, Ekpiteta, Rogers, Casey, Apter, Lavery, Carey, Moore, Trybull, Squires.
Luton vs Blackpool Lineups
Luton vs Blackpool Preview
Luton are unbeaten in their last three games after drawing 1-1 with Sunderland, beating Watford 2-0 and drawing 0-0 with Millwall. Luton won four of their previous six Championship games at the Kenilworth Road. They both drew and lost once, as they conceded three and scored seven goals. No team played out as many draws on home soil than Luton did so far in the Championship this season. A total of eight matches at Kenilworth Road finished all square this season.
Blackpool were unable to pick up a single point in their last three matches, as they were first beaten 1-4 by Coventry. Next up, Preston won 3-1, before losing 1-3 against Cardiff. Blackpool came through their last six away games in the Championship without a single win. Of those six matches, they drew zero and lost six in which, they were outscored by 14 goals to three. Blackpool are among the 2 worst away teams in the Championship, with a gloomy 14 points collected on their travels. They managed to score 17 times, while also conceding 35.
Luton vs Blackpool H2H
Luton celebrated a 0-1 win in their most recent meeting with their upcoming opponent. Are we in for something similar at Kenilworth Road this coming Monday? Luton go into their upcoming match against Blackpool with a 67% winning record in recent meetings. This gives them a 2-1-0 record in the latest encounters with their next opponent. A record worth keeping in mind before you make a choice for your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
Current Championship standings
Luton are third in the Championship standings after collecting 68 points from their initial 40 encounters. Blackpool trail them on 35 points after 40 rounds, leaving them as number 23 in the table.
Full Time Betting
Luton collected five wins, drew three and lost two in the 10 most games across all tournaments at Kenilworth Road. Blackpool won zero of their previous 10 away, drew two and lost eight times. Of the previous 10 matches at Kenilworth Road, Luton were able to win five without conceding a goal. A number worth keeping in mind for an accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
Both Teams to Score
Luton ended up winning 0-1 in the most recent meeting between these two rivals. Rest assured they have a similar outcome in mind at Kenilworth Road. Both teams found the back of the net one time in the last three matches between Luton and Blackpool.
In the last three encounters between Luton and Blackpool over 2.5 goals came out one time, as Luton averaged 1.66 goals a game. Blackpool scored an average of 0.33 goals in these, while both teams scored one time. Over 2.5 goals came out one time in the previous ten matches across all tournaments for Luton, who scored an average of one goal along the way. Over 2.5 goals happened in six of the last ten outings for Blackpool, who managed to score 1.2 times in those matches.