Livingston vs Motherwell – Predictions and Free Bets
Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: May 24, 2023
Round 37 of the Premiership serves up an encounter between Livingston and Motherwell taking place at Tony Macaroni Arena this coming Wednesday.
Livingston vs Motherwell Stats
- In 21 of the last 23 Livingston home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 14 of the last 16 Livingston matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Livingston have lost 5 of the last 7 matches without scoring a goal
- Livingston have conceded in 16 of the last 18 matches
- Livingston have lost 5 of the last 7 matches while scoring less than 0.5 goals
- Motherwell have scored in the last 14 matches in a row
- Motherwell have won the last 3 matches in a row without conceding a goal
- In 10 of the last 12 Motherwell matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Motherwell have not lost 10 of the last 12 matches
- Motherwell have won the last 3 matches in a row and the sum of goals was under 2.5
Livingston vs Motherwell Squad lists
David Martindale will choose the starting lineup for the upcoming game against Motherwell from the following players:
- Shinnie, Obileye, Anderson, Montano, Bahamboula, Maley, Fitzwater, Hamilton, Penrice, Brandon, Holt, Nouble, Guthrie, Stenhouse, Perez, Boyes, Devlin, Pittman, Kelly, George, Omeonga, Kelly, Bradley, Parkes.
Listed below is the full squad of Motherwell players that the manager Stuart Kettlewell will choose from for the upcoming game:
- Liam Kelly, Sean Goss, Paul McGinn, Blair Spittal, Kevin van Veen, Callum Slattery, Ricki Lamie, Dean Cornelius, James Furlong, Max Johnston, Calum Butcher, Dan Casey, Stephen O’Donnell, Stuart McKinstry, Mikael Mandron, Jonathan Obika, Joseph Efford, Ross Tierney, Bevis Mugabi, Josh Morris, Harry Paton, Oliver Crankshaw, Shane Blaney, Jack Aitchison, Jake Carroll, Riku Danzaki, Louis Moult, Aston Oxborough, Sam Campbell, Lennon Miller, Nathan McGinley, Rolando Aarons, Dylan Mackin, Luca Ross, Mark Ferrie.
Livingston vs Motherwell Lineups
Livingston vs Motherwell Preview
Livingston suffered a couple of disappointments in their last three matches, as they were run over by Ross County in a 2-0 defeat. Kilmarnock also proved too hard to handle, as they won 2-0, before Livingston were able to strike back last time out in a 2-1 win against Dundee United. In their last six Premiership home matches, Livingston have three wins, while they’ve drawn one and lost two. They scored eight and conceded ten goals. Livingston are among the three teams scoring the least goals at home in the Premiership this season. They managed 21 goals at Tony Macaroni Arena, while conceding 21.
In their last three matches, Motherwell first beat Kilmarnock 2-0, then St. Johnstone by 0-2 and finally Ross County by 1-0. Motherwell managed a decent return of three wins in their last six Premiership away matches, in which they scored ten while also conceding six times. They also experienced two draws and one defeat. No team won as many matches when playing away than Motherwell did so far in the Premiership this season. A total of seven matches was won on away soil.
Livingston vs Motherwell H2H
Livingston are winless in their 9 most recent meetings with Motherwell. Motherwell ended up winning 3-0 in the most recent meeting between these two rivals. Rest assured they have a similar outcome in mind at Tony Macaroni Arena. Motherwell have six wins in their last ten meetings against Livingston, winning 3-0 the last time they faced each other. The bookies best betting odds on an away win are at 2.50.
Current Premiership standings
Full Time Betting
Livingston claimed four wins in the previous 10 matches at home across all tournaments, as well as drawing three and losing three. Motherwell won four of their last 10 away games, as they also drew three and lost three of these matches. Of the last 10 times Livingston stepped out in front of their home crowd, “both teams to score” happened six times. Both teams also scored in six of the last 10 away games for Motherwell.
Both Teams to Score
Motherwell celebrated a 3-0 win in their most recent meeting with their upcoming opponent. Are we in for something similar at Tony Macaroni Arena this coming Wednesday? In the past ten matches between home side Livingston and Motherwell both teams found the back of the net six times. Best priced odds on both teams to score with the bookies are at 1.80. Motherwell managed at least one goal in 10 of their previous 11 Premiership matches against Livingston. In the past ten matches between home side Livingston and Motherwell both teams found the back of the net six times. Best priced odds on both teams to score with the bookies are at 1.80.
In the last ten encounters between Livingston and Motherwell over 2.5 goals came out six times, as Livingston averaged 0.9 goals a game. Motherwell scored an average of 1.8 goals in these, while both teams scored six times. Over 2.5 goals came out five times in the previous ten matches across all tournaments for Livingston, who scored an average of 0.8 goals along the way. Over 2.5 goals came up in four of Motherwell’s previous ten matches across all tournaments. They managed to score an average of 1.8 goals in these matches.