Last Updated: May 19, 2023
Bookmakers favour Liverpool to win against Aston Villa in their next Premier League match. This takes place this coming Saturday with the hosts in decent form, and a win seems quite likely. Naturally, Aston Villa will put up a fight at the Anfield, though.
Liverpool vs Aston Villa Stats
- Liverpool have scored in 25 of the last 26 home matches
- Liverpool have not lost 15 of the last 17 home matches
- Liverpool have won the last 6 matches in a row
- Liverpool have not lost the last 8 matches in a row
- Liverpool have won 6 of the last 7 home matches
- In the last 13 Aston Villa matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Aston Villa have scored in 20 of the last 22 matches
- In 10 of the last 11 Aston Villa away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 9 of the last 11 Aston Villa away matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- Aston Villa have not lost 11 of the last 13 matches
Liverpool vs Aston Villa Squad lists
The 55-year-old manager of Liverpool, Juergen Klopp, will select the lineup against Aston Villa from the players listed below:
- Adrian, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Alisson Becker, Andrew Robertson, Arthur, Calvin Ramsay, Caoimhin Kelleher, Cody Gakpo, Curtis Jones, Darwin Nunez, Diogo Jota, Fabinho, Fabio Carvalho, Harvey Elliott, Ibrahima Konate, James Milner, Joel Matip, Jordan Henderson, Joseph Gomez, Konstantinos Tsimikas, Luis Diaz, Mohamed Salah, Naby Keita, Nathaniel Phillips, Rhys Williams, Roberto Firmino, Stefan Bajcetic, Thiago Alcantara, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Virgil van Dijk.
Aston Villa Squad
Below is the full team squad of Aston Villa. The manager Emery will pick his starting XI against Liverpool from these players:
- Martinez, Steer, Zych, Olsen, Sinisalo, Young, Chambers, Carlos, Konsa, Dendoncker, Digne, Cash, Mings, Kamara, Luiz, Buendia, Ramsey, McGinn, Coutinho, Moreno, Traore, Duran, Bailey, Watkins.
Liverpool vs Aston Villa Lineups
Liverpool vs Aston Villa Preview
Liverpool are enjoying their football currently with three wins on the bounce, and it began with a 1-0 win against Fulham. They went on to beat Brentford by 1-0, before also getting the better of Leicester in a 0-3 victory. Liverpool showed little mercy in their past six matches at the Anfield, of which they won five and drew once. Going undefeated, they hit the target 18 times, while letting in seven themselves. Liverpool are among the 2 best teams on home soil this season in the Premier League. They so far claimed 13 wins at Anfield, scored 45 goals along the way, while also conceding 16.
Aston Villa suffered a couple of disappointments in their last three matches as they were run over by Manchester United in a 1-0 defeat. Wolverhampton also proved too hard to handle as they won 1-0, before Aston Villa were able to strike back in a 2-1 win against Tottenham. In their last six away matches in the Premier League, Aston Villa won twice, while also recording two draws. They endured two defeats in this run, with a scoreline from these matches saying five goals conceded and six scored.
Liverpool vs Aston Villa H2H
Liverpool lost just once in 10 recent matches against Aston Villa. Liverpool go into their encounter with fond memories, as they won 2-1 and 3-1 the last two times they played Aston Villa. In the last ten encounters between these two clubs, Liverpool have been utterly dominant with a formidable eight wins against Aston Villa. To continue their domination, the best betting odds with the bookies are at 1.45.
Current Premier League standings
Liverpool approach round 37 as number 5 in the Premier League table with 65 points on their account so far. With 36 rounds behind them, Aston Villa have amassed 57 points, placing them as number 8 in the standings.
Full Time Betting
Liverpool racked up seven wins from a possible 10 across all tournaments at Anfield, drew two and lost one. Aston Villa won five of their previous 10 away, drew two and lost three times. It is a little hit-and-miss, whether home matches for Liverpool go over or under 2.5 goals. Over 2.5 happened five times in their last 10 at Anfield. It came out two times in 10 league matches away for Aston Villa.
Both Teams to Score
Liverpool go into their encounter with fond memories, as they won 2-1 and 3-1 the last two times they played Aston Villa. In the past ten matches between home side Liverpool and Aston Villa both teams found the back of the net six times. Best priced odds on both teams to score with the bookies are at 1.67. Liverpool managed to score at least one goal in their last 10 encounters in the Premier League against Aston Villa. The past ten matches between Liverpool and Aston Villa have largely been entertaining affairs. Over 2.5 goals came out a winning bet seven times in these encounters. It seems only natural to look for goals on Saturday. Over 2.5 goals is best priced at odds of 1.53 with the bookies.
In the last ten encounters between Liverpool and Aston Villa over 2.5 goals came out seven times, as Liverpool averaged 2.5 goals a game. Aston Villa scored an average of 1.3 goals in these, while both teams scored six times. Over 2.5 goals happened in seven of Liverpool’s last ten matches in all tournaments. They banged in an average of 2.3 goals on the way. Over 2.5 goals happened in four of the last ten outings for Aston Villa, who managed to score 1.6 times in those matches.