Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: May 15, 2023
Leicester City welcome Liverpool at King Power Stadium in round 36 of the Premier League campaign. Only three matches remain this season, and important points are at stake this coming Monday.
Leicester City vs Liverpool Stats
- Leicester have conceded in the last 15 matches in a row
- Leicester have conceded in the last 11 home matches in a row
- In 8 of the last 9 matches Leicester played, both teams scored
- Leicester have not won 12 of the last 13 matches
- In 7 of the last 9 home matches Leicester played, both teams scored
- Liverpool have won the last 6 matches in a row
- Liverpool have not lost the last 8 matches in a row
- In 10 of the last 12 Liverpool away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Liverpool have scored in the last 7 matches in a row
- In 5 of the last 7 matches Liverpool played, both teams scored
Leicester City vs Liverpool Squad lists
Leicester City Squad
The 52-year-old Smith will select the starting eleven against Liverpool from these players:
- Castagne, Barnes, Faes, Dewsbury-Hall, Ward, Maddison, Tielemans, Amartey, Soumare, Ndidi, Vardy, Justin, Daka, Kristiansen, Souttar, Iversen, Evans, Thomas, Iheanacho, Tete, Mendy, Soyuncu, Praet, Pereira, Smithies, Vestergaard, Bertrand.
Here is the full team squad of Liverpool. The 55 year-old Juergen Klopp will select his starting lineup from the following players:
- Adrian, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Becker, Robertson, Arthur, Ramsay, Kelleher, Gakpo, Jones, Nunez, Jota, Fabinho, Carvalho, Elliott, Konate, Milner, Matip, Henderson, Gomez, Tsimikas, Diaz, Salah, Keita, Phillips, Williams, Firmino, Bajcetic, Alcantara, Alexander-Arnold, van Dijk.
Leicester City vs Liverpool Lineups
Leicester City vs Liverpool Preview
Two draws were the best Leicester City could manage in the previous three matches. They drew 1-1 with Leeds, before sharing the points in a 2-2 draw against Everton. Their most recent match brought a 5-3 defeat against Fulham. They went into the season as candidates for the drop, and unfortunately for Leicester City, they have lived up to expectations. As the season draws to a close, they are still in with a chance of escaping relegation, though. In their last six Premier League matches at home, Leicester City have one win, while they’ve drawn one and lost four. Leicester City have been unable to turn the King Power Stadium into a fortress this season. They are one of the worst home teams in the Premier League with a dismal 16 points and just four win. They scored 21 and allowed 23 goals against.
Liverpool are in awesome shape going into this next encounter, as they won their last three matches on the bounce. Tottenham got left behind in a 4-3 win, before Fulham got hammered in a 1-0 victory. Brentford was the most recent victim in a 1-0 win for Liverpool. In their last six away matches in the Premier League, Liverpool won twice, while also recording two draws. They endured two defeats in this run, with a scoreline from these matches saying seven goals conceded and nine scored.
Leicester City vs Liverpool H2H
Winning 2-1 and 2-0 in the last two most matches against Leicester City, will have Liverpool looking forward to their upcoming away trip. In total, they have played six matches in past seasons with Liverpool running away with most of the points. They won three encounters, with Leicester City stealing all 3 points in two matches. Naturally, the last one game ended all square. The bookies have Liverpool to win this match at best price odds of 1.57.
Current Premier League standings
Full Time Betting
An impressive seven of the last 10 matches on home soil for Leicester City went over 2.5 goals. Of these, four even went over 3.5 goals. In six of the last 10 away games for Liverpool the match had more than 2.5 goals. Over 3.5 goals came out three times.
Both Teams to Score
Liverpool celebrated a 2-1 win as well as a 2-0 victory in the last two matches played against Leicester City. Both teams scored six times in the previous ten matches between home side Leicester City and Liverpool. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.57. Liverpool managed at least one goal in 12 of their previous 13 Premier League matches against Leicester City. Both teams found the back of the net six times in the last ten matches between Leicester City and Liverpool.
Over 2.5 goals came up seven times in the previous ten encounters between Leicester City and Liverpool, as Leicester City scored 0.9 goals on average per game and Liverpool averaging 1.9 goals. Both teams scored in six times of these matches. Over 2.5 goals came out seven times in the previous ten matches across all tournaments for Leicester City, who scored an average of 1.3 goals along the way. Over 2.5 goals happened in six of the last ten outings for Liverpool, who managed to score two times in those matches.