Last Updated: August 18, 2023
Leicester City enjoy home advantage, when visitors Cardiff swing by this coming Saturday for a clash in the Championship. The former will be looking to make that home advantage count.
Leicester City vs Cardiff Stats
- Leicester have conceded in the last 16 home matches in a row
- In 12 of the last 14 Leicester home matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Leicester have won the last 3 matches in a row while scoring less than 2.5 goals
- Leicester have won 6 of the last 7 matches
- Leicester have not lost 7 of the last 8 matches
- Cardiff have conceded in 14 of the last 16 away matches
- In 7 of the last 9 Cardiff away matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- In the last 3 matches in a row Cardiff played, both teams scored
- Cardiff have not won the last 5 away matches in a row
- In the last 3 Cardiff matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
Leicester City vs Cardiff Squad lists
Leicester City Squad
The 43-year-old coach of the home team, Enzo Maresca, will select the lineup against Cardiff from this squad:
- Alex Smithies (12), Daniel Iversen (31), Danny Ward (1), Mads Hermansen (30), Callum Doyle (5), Conor Coady (4), Harry Souttar (15), James Justin (2), Jannik Vestergaard (23), Luke Thomas (33), Ricardo Pereira (21), Victor Kristiansen (16), Wout Faes (3), Boubakary Soumare (24), Cesare Casadei, Dennis Praet (26), Hamza Choudhury (29), Harry Winks (8), Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall (22), Marc Albrighton (11), Timothy Castagne (27), Wanya Marcal-Madivadua (40), Wilfred Ndidi (25), Jamie Vardy (9), Kelechi Iheanacho (14), Patson Daka (20), Stephy Mavididi.
Below is the full team squad of Cardiff. The manager Bulut will pick his starting XI against Leicester City from these players:
- Jak Alnwick (21), Dimitrios Goutas, Jack Simpson (26), Jamilu Collins (17), Mahlon Romeo (2), Mark McGuinness (5), Perry Ng (38), Vontae Daley-Campbell (22), Aaron Ramsey, Andy Rinomhota (35), Callum O’Dowda (11), Ebou Adams (18), Joe Ralls (8), Josh Bowler, Kieron Evans, Romaine Sawyers (19), Rubin Colwill (27), Yakou Meite, Callum Robinson (47), Ike Ugbo, Karlan Grant, Kion Etete (9), Ollie Tanner, Ryan Wintle (6).
Leicester City vs Cardiff Lineups
Leicester City vs Cardiff Preview
Leicester City are enjoying their football currently with three wins on the bounce, and it began with a 2-1 win against Coventry. They went on to beat Burton by 0-2, before also getting the better of Huddersfield in a 0-1 victory. Finishing somewhere in mid-table will probably be satisfactory for Cardiff, who aim to keep the relegation line at a distance in the Championship. Leicester City claimed four wins in their last six Championship matches at the King Power Stadium. They came through these games with a record of one draw and one defeat, in which they conceded seven and scored eight goals.
Cardiff are winless in their last three matches, but managed a 2-2 draw with Leeds and a 2-2 draw with Colchester. In their most recent match, they were defeated 1-2 at the hands of Queens P.R.. Leicester City are understandable the favourites to win the Championship this season and nothing but the title will be considered a failure for the ambitious club. Cardiff won half their previous six away matches in the Championship, as well as seeing one draw and suffering two defeats. They scored 11 goals whilst conceding 12.
Leicester City vs Cardiff H2H
It finished all square on when Leicester City last faced Cardiff. With both denying to back down, the scoreboard said 1-1 in the end. The best betting odds on a draw at full-time with the bookies are at 4.33. Leicester City have a 30% win rate in the against Cardiff, who won four of these matches. The total record reads 3-3-4, which is worth keeping in mind before you make a choice for your next accumulator, depending on your betting strategy.
Current Championship standings
They are off to a perfect start to the season, and Leicester City now have plenty of confidence to build on this coming Saturday. Coming away with maximum points from the first two rounds is anyone’s dream of beginning a season. Cardiff are feeling the heat after collecting just one point from the first possible six. They will be very eager in their pursuit of the first win of the season in the Championship.
Full Time Betting
Leicester City claimed four wins in their previous 10 home games across all tournaments, while drawing one of the games. They suffered defeat in five of these outings. Cardiff won three of their last 10 games away, drew two and lost five. Leicester City put seven wins on the board in their last 10 Championship matches. Their visitors from Cardiff claimed all three points in three of their previous 10 league matches.
Both Teams to Score
The most recent outing between Leicester City and Cardiff ended up a 1-1 draw. The best betting odds on a draw at full-time with the bookies are at 4.33. Both teams found the back of the net five times in the past ten matches between home side Leicester City and Cardiff. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.91. Cardiff managed at least one goal in 8 of their previous 9 Championship matches against Leicester City. Both teams found the back of the net five times in the last ten matches between Leicester City and Cardiff.
Less than three came out four times in the past ten encounters between Cardiff and Leicester City, as both teams not to score was a winning bet five times. Leicester City performed 1.3 goals on average, whereas Cardiff averaged 1.5 goals. Leicester City scored an average of 1.5 goals in their last ten matches in which over 2.5 goals happened six times. Over 2.5 goals happened in five of the last ten outings for Cardiff, who managed to score 1.1 times in those matches.