Kilmarnock vs St. Johnstone – Predictions and Free Bets
Last Updated: May 19, 2023
The Premiership game at The BBSP Stadium, Rugby Park on Saturday will see visitors St. Johnstone facing home side Kilmarnock.
Kilmarnock vs St. Johnstone Stats
- Kilmarnock have scored in 33 of the last 35 home matches
- In 10 of the last 12 Kilmarnock matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 9 of the last 11 Kilmarnock home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Kilmarnock have not lost 9 of the last 11 home matches
- In 4 of the last 5 home matches Kilmarnock played, both teams scored
- St. Johnstone have conceded in 34 of the last 36 away matches
- In the last 10 St. Johnstone matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- St. Johnstone have conceded in 21 of the last 23 matches
- In the last 7 St. Johnstone matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- In 12 of the last 14 St. Johnstone away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
Kilmarnock vs St. Johnstone Squad lists
The 51-year-old coach of the home team, Derek McInnes, will select the lineup against St. Johnstone from this squad:
- Wright, Mayo, Armstrong, Taylor, McKenzie, Walker, Power, Doidge, Polworth, Donnelly, Alebiosu, Jones, Chrisene, Vassell, Hemming, Chambers, Dorsett, Stokes, Watson, McInroy, Alston, Robinson, Cameron, Murray, Lyons, Wales, Sanders.
St. Johnstone Squad
Here is the full team squad of St. Johnstone. The 40 year-old Steven MacLean will select his starting lineup from the following players:
- Adam Montgomery, Alexander Mitchell, Andrew Considine, Callum Booth, Cameron MacPherson, Cammy Ballantyne, Christopher Kane, Connor McLennan, Daniel Phillips, David Wotherspoon, Drey Wright, Elliott Parish, Graham Carey, Jackson Mylchreest, James Brown, Jamie Murphy, Liam Gordon, Melker Hallberg, Murray Davidson, Nicky Clark, Remi Matthews, Ross Sinclair, Ryan McGowan, Steven MacLean, Stevie May, Thelonius Bair, Tony Gallacher, William Sandford, Zak Rudden.
Kilmarnock vs St. Johnstone Lineups
Kilmarnock vs St. Johnstone Preview
Kilmarnock added two wins to their account in their three most recent outings, as they beat St. Mirren by 0-2. Their next match left them empty-handed in a 2-0 defeat against Motherwell, followed up by a 2-0 win against Livingston. Kilmarnock won three of their previous six matches at The BBSP Stadium, Rugby Park in the Premiership. They drew two and suffered one defeats, scoring eight goals to seven against. Kilmarnock firing away with 23 goals so far this season at home, making them the most scoring home team in the Premiership. They also conceded 24 goals.
St. Johnstone added four points to their collection in their last three matches, which began with a 1-1 draw with Hibernian. A 1-0 win against Dundee United followed, before a 0-2 defeat against Motherwell in their most recent match. In their last six away matches in the Premiership, St. Johnstone won twice, while also recording one draw. They endured three defeats in this run, with a scoreline from these matches saying nine goals conceded and five scored. St. Johnstone are in the top three when it comes to scoring goals on their travels in the Premiership this season. They claimed 19 goals so far, whilst allowing 31 goals against.
Kilmarnock vs St. Johnstone H2H
Kilmarnock were able to win only once against St. Johnstone in 8 recent matches. Kilmarnock and St. Johnstone had to settle for a point each in their most recent match, which finished with a 1-1 scoreline. The best betting odds on a draw at full-time with the bookies are at 3.30. St. Johnstone seem to have a bit of a love affair with Kilmarnock, as they have beaten them five times in last ten encounters. The bookies have St. Johnstone to win this match at best price odds of 4.00.
Current Premiership standings
Two places behind the league-leaders, St. Johnstone claimed 36 points from 35 rounds, while Kilmarnock amassed 34 points. They now rank as number 4 in the Premiership standings.
Full Time Betting
Kilmarnock claimed five wins in the previous 10 matches at home across all tournaments, as well as drawing three and losing two. St. Johnstone won three of their last 10 away games, as they also drew two and lost five of these matches. St. Johnstone conceded at least once in nine of their last 10 away games, while Kilmarnock managed four clean sheets in their previous 10 matches played at The BBSP Stadium, Rugby Park.
Both Teams to Score
The match ended in a 1-1 draw in the previous outing between Kilmarnock and St. Johnstone and should we get another draw, the bookies best price are at 3.30. Both teams scored five times in the previous ten matches between home side Kilmarnock and St. Johnstone. Best priced odds on BTTS with the bookies are at 1.95. St. Johnstone scored at least once in their last 7 Premiership matches against Kilmarnock. In five of the previous ten matches between Kilmarnock and St. Johnstone both teams scored.
Over 2.5 goals came out four times in the last ten encounters between these two teams. Kilmarnock managed an average of one goal, with St. Johnstone averaging 1.1 goals in these games. Both teams to score was a winning bet five times in this run of matches. Kilmarnock saw over 2.5 goals in four of their last ten matches across all tournaments, as they scored an average of 1.1 goals during this run. Over 2.5 goals happened in two of the last ten outings for St. Johnstone, who managed to score 0.6 times in those matches.