Last Updated: September 15, 2023
When Hibernian arrive at The BBSP Stadium, Rugby Park on Saturday to face Kilmarnock in the Premiership, the latter will be hoping to use their home turf to their advantage.
Kilmarnock vs Hibernian Stats
- In 15 of the last 17 Kilmarnock matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In the last 3 Kilmarnock home matches the sum of goals was under 1.5
- Kilmarnock have scored in 13 of the last 15 home matches
- In 4 of the last 5 Kilmarnock matches the sum of goals was under 1.5
- In the last 3 Kilmarnock home matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- In 15 of the last 17 Hibernian matches the sum of goals was over 2.5
- Hibernian have conceded in 18 of the last 20 matches
- Hibernian have scored in 13 of the last 15 away matches
- Hibernian have not won 9 of the last 11 away matches
- In 8 of the last 10 Hibernian away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
Kilmarnock vs Hibernian Squad lists
Derek McInnes will choose the starting lineup for the upcoming game against Hibernian from the following players:
- Kieran O’Hara (20), Will Dennis (1), Corrie Ndaba (3), Jack Sanders (14), Joe Wright (4), Lewis Mayo (5), Liam Donnelly (22), Robbie Deas (6), Stuart Findlay (17), Thomas Davies (19), Danny Armstrong (11), David Watson (12), Fraser Murray (15), Innes Cameron (18), Kyle Magennis (16), Liam Polworth (31), Marley Watkins (23), Andrew Dallas, Bobby Wales (24), Brad Lyons (8), Kyle Vassell (9), Matthew Kennedy (10), Rory McKenzie (7), Steven Warnock (25).
This is the full squad of players that the Hibernian head coach Gray will select from for his starting XI:
- David Marshall (1), Joseph Wollacott (13), Maksymilian Boruc (25), Allan Delferriere (28), Jordan Obita (21), Josh Campbell (32), Lewis Miller (2), Lewis Stevenson (16), Paul Hanlon (4), Reuben McAllister, Riley Harbottle (26), Rocky Bushiri (33), Chris Cadden (12), Dylan Levitt (6), Harry McKirdy (22), Jake Doyle-Hayes (8), Joe Newell (11), William Fish (5), Adam Le Fondre (19), Christian Doidge (23), Dylan Vente (9), Jair Tavares (29), James Jeggo (14), Martin Boyle (10), Thody Elie Youan (7).
Kilmarnock vs Hibernian Lineups
Kilmarnock vs Hibernian Preview
A draw was the best Kilmarnock could muster in their previous three games. They claimed a 0-0 draw against Hearts, before getting trounced 2-1 against Motherwell. Last time out, more disappointment followed as Ross County ran out 0-1 winners. Hibernian go into a new season as candidates for the podium, but will count themselves lucky to achieve more than a third place. Kilmarnock won three of their previous six matches at The BBSP Stadium, Rugby Park in the Premiership. They drew zero and suffered three defeats, scoring seven goals to seven against.
Hibernian suffered a couple of disappointments in their last three matches as they were run over by Livingston in a 2-3 defeat. Aston Villa also proved too hard to handle as they won 3-0, before Hibernian were able to strike back in a 0-2 win against Aberdeen. A title race would require all stars to align, but sneaking inside the top four and hopefully also collect a medal certainly isn’t beyond Hibernian, should they manage to catch a strong momentum. Hibernian managed to win just once in their past six away games in the Premiership. On top of winning once they also drew three as well as losing two, while scoring six time and letting in six.
Kilmarnock vs Hibernian H2H
Hibernian bagged 6 wins from their 8 most recent matches against Kilmarnock. The last time these two sides facing off here came up against each other, Hibernian came away with a 2-0 win. They have a similar outcome in mind at The BBSP Stadium, Rugby Park, but face stern opposition, of course. A draw might be high-priced, but nevertheless seems fairly unlikely, judging by their ten recent outings against each other. Kilmarnock managed one win, while Hibernian grabbed all three points seven times in these ten matches. Picking the home win gets you odds at 2.55 with the bookies, whereas the best betting odds on an away win at full-time are at 2.75.
Current Premiership standings
Kilmarnock are placed nine with four points after four matches. Hibernian occupy a position as ten in the league on three points. While Hibernian find themselves on the 10th spot in the table with miserable three points after four rounds, Kilmarnock have fought their way to four points which leaves them 9th in the standings at the very moment.
Full Time Betting
Of their 10 most recent games at The BBSP Stadium, Rugby Park across all tournaments, Kilmarnock won six times, drew one and lost three. Hibernian won two of their recent 10 games on their travels, as well as drawing four and losing four. Kilmarnock scored the opening goal six times of a possible 10 at The BBSP Stadium, Rugby Park, while Hibernian did likewise in three of their 10 most recent away games.
Both Teams to Score
The last time these two sides facing off here came up against each other, Hibernian came away with a 2-0 win. They have a similar outcome in mind at The BBSP Stadium, Rugby Park, but face stern opposition, of course. Both teams to score only came out three times in the previous ten games between Hibernian and Kilmarnock. Odds on both teams not to score are best priced at 2.00 with the bookies. In the 5 most recent Premiership encounters between Kilmarnock and Hibernian there were under 2.5 goals. At least one team managed to keep a clean sheet seven times in the last ten matches between Hibernian and Kilmarnock. Odds on both teams not to score are best priced at 2.00 with the bookies.
Under 2.5 goals happened three times in the last ten encounters between these two rivals. Kilmarnock managed an average of 0.8 goals, with Hibernian averaging 1.2 goals in these. Both teams not to score was a winning bet seven times in this run of matches. Over 2.5 goals was a winning bet in four of Kilmarnock’s past ten matches across all tournaments. They scored 1.2 goals on average along the way. Over 2.5 goals came up in nine of Hibernian’s previous ten matches across all tournaments. They managed to score an average of two goals in these matches.