Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: April 18, 2023
Inter hope for some smooth sailing after grabbing a seemingly airtight 2-0 away win against Benfica in the first leg. Coming away from Giuseppe Meazza with a similar win seems a huge task for the visitors.
Inter vs Benfica Stats
- In 22 of the last 24 Inter matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 12 of the last 14 Inter matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- In 7 of the last 9 Inter home matches the sum of goals was under 1.5
- In 8 of the last 9 Inter home matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- In 10 of the last 11 Inter home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Benfica have won 8 of the last 9 away matches without conceding a goal
- Benfica have not lost 29 of the last 31 away matches
- Benfica have scored in 36 of the last 38 away matches
- Benfica have scored in 17 of the last 18 matches
- Benfica have won 8 of the last 9 away matches
Inter vs Benfica Squad lists
Simone Inzaghi will choose the starting lineup for the upcoming game against Benfica from the following players:
- Alex Cordaz, Andre Onana, Nikolaos Botis, Samir Handanovic, Alessandro Bastoni, Alessandro Fontanarosa, Dalbert, Danilo D’Ambrosio, Federico Dimarco, Francesco Acerbi, Matteo Darmian, Mattia Zanotti, Milan Skriniar, Raoul Bellanova, Robin Gosens, Stefan de Vrij, Stefano Di Pentima, Denzel Dumfries, Hakan Calhanoglu, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Kristjan Asllani, Marcelo Brozovic, Nicolo Barella, Nicolo Biral, Roberto Gagliardini, Silas Andersen, Valentin Carboni, Edin Dzeko, Joaquin Correa, Lautaro Martinez, Romelu Lukaku.
Below is the full team squad of Benfica. The manager Schmidt will pick his starting XI against Inter from these players:
- Gomes, Vlachodimos, Soares, Grimaldo, Bah, Silva, Junior, Verissimo, Ristic, Morato, Otamendi, Schjelderup, Chiquinho, Luis, Aursnes, Mario, Neves, Draxler, Silva, Tengstedt, Neres, Guedes, Ramos, Musa.
Inter vs Benfica Lineups
Inter vs Benfica Preview
It has been a bit hit-and-miss for Inter but at least mostly hit, as they put four wins on the board in their previous six Champions League matches. They didn’t draw any matches, but lost twice, scoring eight goals while conceding four.
Benfica picked up five wins from a possible six on their recent travels in the Champions League, while scoring 16 and conceding four goals. They also drew once but remained without defeat.
Inter vs Benfica H2H
Inter go into their encounter with fond memories, as they won 5-4 and 2-0 the last two times they played Benfica. Looking back over their last four encounters serves to emphasize how equally paired the two teams usually are. Visitors Benfica claimed a win in zero of the previous four matches. Hosting side Inter won three of these, as the bookies best betting odds on a home win are at 2.15.
Full Time Betting
Inter racked up six wins in their previous 10 matches on their home ground across all tournaments. They lost four and now face Benfica who won eight of their previous 10 away matches. They drew one and lost one. Benfica won an astonishing eight of their last 10 games away from home without conceding a single goal. Depending on your betting strategy, an away win to nil certainly looks worth considering on Wednesday.
Both Teams to Score
Inter had a good reading on Benfica in their last two meetings, which they won by 5-4 and 2-0, respectively.
In the past four encounters between Inter and Benfica over 2.5 goals came out two times, with Inter scoring an average of 2.75 goals per game. Benfica averaged 1.75 goals, while both teams scored two times. Over 2.5 goals came out one time in the previous ten matches across all tournaments for Inter, who scored an average of 0.7 goals along the way. Over 2.5 goals happened in five of the last ten outings for Benfica, who managed to score 2.2 times in those matches.