Author: Joe Kizlauskas
Last Updated: March 15, 2023
With little to lose, Hull aim to spring a surprise, when faced with current Championship leaders Burnley this coming Wednesday at The MKM Stadium.
Hull vs Burnley Stats
- In 17 of the last 19 Hull home matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 16 of the last 18 Hull matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 7 of the last 8 Hull home matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- In 8 of the last 10 Hull matches the sum of goals was under 2.5
- Hull have won 3 of the last 4 home matches without conceding a goal
- Burnley have not lost 37 of the last 39 matches
- Burnley have not lost 17 of the last 19 away matches
- In 15 of the last 17 Burnley matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- In 9 of the last 10 Burnley away matches the sum of goals was under 3.5
- Burnley have scored in 14 of the last 16 matches
Hull vs Burnley Squad lists
Liam Rosenior will choose the starting lineup for the upcoming game against Burnley from the following players:
- Robson, Darlow, Ingram, Baxter, Lo-Tutala, Jones, Elder, Christie, Greaves, Coyle, Edwards, McLoughlin, Figueiredo, Traore, Chadwick, Jones, Pelkas, Vale, Seri, Ebiowei, Tufan, Slater, Longman, Woods, M’Hand, Simons, Connolly, Sayyadmanesh, Tetteh, Docherty, Estupinan, Covil.
This is the full squad of players that the Burnley head coach Kompany will select from for his starting XI:
- Muric, Peacock-Farrell, Franchi, Al Dakhil, Taylor, Roberts, Ekdal, Maatsen, Beyer, Harwood-Bellis, Vitinho, Churlinov, Cork, Gudmundsson, Brownhill, Cullen, Benson, Tella, Bastien, Zaroury, Barnes, Dervisoglu, Rodriguez, Foster, Obafemi, Twine.
Hull vs Burnley Lineups
Hull vs Burnley Preview
In their last three matches, Hull lost 1-0 against Bristol City, won 2-0 against West Bromwich, before drawing 1-1 against Coventry. Hull won three of their previous six matches at The MKM Stadium in the Championship. They drew three and suffered zero defeats, scoring eight goals to two against.
Burnley are unbeaten in their last three matches, first beating Fleetwood by 1-0. This was followed by a 0-0 with Blackpool and a 3-0 win against Wigan. Burnley performed a very admirable four wins in six Championship away matches, as well as two draws but no defeats. They scored eight times, while also conceding two goals. Burnley are among the 2 best away teams in the Championship this season. They put nine wins on the board, scoring 28 goals whilst also conceding 15.
Hull vs Burnley H2H
The match ended in a 1-1 draw in the previous outing between Hull and Burnley and should we get another draw, the bookies best price are at 3.60. All in all, Burnley have a fine reading on Hull in previous seasons with a 6-1-3 advantage going into this match. The bookies have Burnley to win this match at best price odds of 1.83.
Current Championship standings
Burnley have taken the lead in the Championship after collecting 80 points from their initial 36 encounters. Hull trail them by 46 points after 36 rounds, leaving them as number 15 in the table.
Full Time Betting
Hull claimed a modest three wins from their previous 10 home matches across all tournaments. They split the points with the visiting team in four of the games, whilst losing three. Burnley won six of their last 10 games away, drew three and lost one of the games in this run. Both teams scored in five of the last 10 Championship matches for Hull at The MKM Stadium. Both teams also found their way to the target in five of the previous 10 away games for Burnley.
Both Teams to Score
Hull and Burnley settled for a point in a 1-1 draw, when last faced with each other. The best betting odds on a another draw at full-time with the bookies are at 3.60. Over 2.5 goals happened only three times in the last ten matches Hull took on Burnley. Under 2.5 goals is best priced at odds of 1.67 with the bookies.
Less than three came out three times in the past ten encounters between Burnley and Hull, as both teams not to score was a winning bet eight times. Hull performed 0.9 goals on average, whereas Burnley averaged 1.2 goals. Over 2.5 goals happened in two of Hull’s last ten matches across all tournaments. They pulled off an average of 0.9 goals during this run. Over 2.5 goals happened in five of the last ten outings for Burnley, who managed to score 1.9 times in those matches.